Check Out Our Shop

WWMD veneer topsheet repair

Recommendations? I’m looking for easy and durable over aesthetic and polished.

White marine epoxy and clamp with metal sheet, then hand sand down is my first thought.

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Tape over it. Put ski on its side and fill with clear epoxy, white will stand out. Once cured remove tape and sand smooth. That lower chip is rowdy.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

You might wana color the core material white, If you clamp with some metal or a piece of plastic bag and then epoxy you won't need to sand,
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Nice calipers

But any long cure epoxy will work. Jb weld. Marine Tex. Whatever you have. Clear would look better. Just get long cure. Five minute epoxy is brittle.
    I’ve just decided to be a middle aged somewhat depressed somewhat anxious fucktard until the end.

Cool thanks all.

I had some white marine epoxy left over, it’s still pretty flexible when it cures and should blend okay with the ABS sidewall. Put a white plastic bag over a metal scraper and clamped that to the topsheet, then let it sag onto the sidewall a bit. Will sand down the sidewall.

Next step is to reread the ON3P veneer thread about how to get that topsheet looking bling again!

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Quote Originally Posted by SchralphMacchio View Post
    Next step is to reread the ON3P veneer thread about how to get that topsheet looking bling again!
    "We would likely use to sand is either a fine sanding sponge - ideally one used a bit - or a fine grit sand paper (like 500+) to lightly smooth the ski out. Then we use small yellow sponges (pretty cheap on amazon) to lightly coat the ski. 2-3 coats will refresh the look and help offer good UV protection as well.

We generally would do that once per year to help maintain the wood look."

This quote is from an email exchange I had with ON3P when I asked about refreshing my veneer topsheets

I bought some Pettit Ultra Clear Varnish for the refresh, will share before and after photos

Quote Originally Posted by skuff View Post
    "We would likely use to sand is either a fine sanding sponge - ideally one used a bit - or a fine grit sand paper (like 500+) to lightly smooth the ski out. Then we use small yellow sponges (pretty cheap on amazon) to lightly coat the ski. 2-3 coats will refresh the look and help offer good UV protection as well.

We generally would do that once per year to help maintain the wood look."

This quote is from an email exchange I had with ON3P when I asked about refreshing my veneer topsheets

I bought some Pettit Ultra Clear Varnish for the refresh, will share before and after photos
    Please do as I’m looking to spruce up my Praxis woody protest and Lhasa.

WWMD veneer topsheet repair

Woops

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    Woops
    I use the JB Weld Plastic Epoxy for my topsheet repair. Works great.

https://www.jbweld.com/product/plasticweld-syringe