Check Out Our Shop

Salt lake plumber rec

I've got a bad hose bib, with bad access inside the house to the plumbing. Anybody got a rec on someone who does good work at a reasonable price? Been awhile since I've hired anyone to do anything on the house. But don't feel like dealing with this on my own. Maybe I'm getting old.

I'm up by the u of that matters at all.

Thanks.
    sigless.

They are a 10min fix, 15 tops. Unless it’s leaking in the wall at a solder/pex fitting, then you’re fuct and it’s going to be $$$$.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Well I shut off the water, went out and started cranking on it, and it turned part way, but didn't seem to loosen and I freaked that it was going to break inside the wall, and then we'd be without water until a plumber can come. That would be bad for my marriage.
    The symptoms are that when I turn the water on, it pours from the wall to the outside. The outer pipe must've split in the winter.
    So I worry if I reef on it, I'm gonna be left with a broken bib, and no water in the house until I can get a plumber to come.
    sigless.

Don’t call anyone with the last name Liddy they can’t find their ass with either hand.

I sent you a PM.

My landlord uses Bumble Bee in Holladay.

Cieslak Plumbing & Heating, Inc. Alta Ski lift Co has been working with these guys for 20+ years. In my interactions with them they seem really good and that’s coming from an electrician. So the classic electrician vs plumber war.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

You can probably fix this in about an hour. You can buy a frost proof unit with a shark bite type connection. You just need to expose the pipe from inside, make a cut and either reconnect to the copper supply line or use PEX for the new faucet. A plumber is going to do exactly that and leave you a gaping hole to patch up.
    Your auto repair skills shown makes you way overqualified for this and the cash you'll save can buy you some new toys. I did this exact repair for my mother in law last year. It took more time to get the supplies at the store than the actual repair.

I do already have a drywall saw. I know I can do it. I just don't really want to. Ugh. Alright. I've already pulled all the shit out of the crawl space where I think the wall is hiding the connection.
    Ive done a water heater install, a water softener install, and few other plumbing jobs. Just don't like doing it. Maybe I'll cut a hole in the wall tomorrow before the hockey game comes on.
    sigless.

Quote Originally Posted by basinbeater View Post
    I do already have a drywall saw. I know I can do it. I just don't really want to. Ugh. Alright. I've already pulled all the shit out of the crawl space where I think the wall is hiding the connection.
    Ive done a water heater install, a water softener install, and few other plumbing jobs. Just don't like doing it. Maybe I'll cut a hole in the wall tomorrow before the hockey game comes on.
    When you expose the plumbing you'll be able to identify the leak. Take a few photos , figure out pipe size, make a trip to the store for supplies and the actual repair will be fairly simple. Tools and supplies.needed are fairly simple. Get some PEX and a couple extra connectors in case you need to splice in some extra length from the fixture to the supply line. It can be with a utility knife.
    I bet a plumber will charge $4-800.

All Hours Plumbing. They've done some HVAC work for me twice. I can't say enough good things about them. It was the first time I didn't feel like I was getting ripped off.

https://allhoursplumbingslc.com

I get the "I don't want to do it" but even ignoring the money. Its less of a pain in the dick to just do it than dealing with the service call.

If you do decide to do it, grab a 1/2" (most likely) push to connect cap. Homeowner plumbing 101 is to always have a way to easily cap your lines in case you just have to punt and get your water back on.

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    I get the "I don't want to do it" but even ignoring the money. Its less of a pain in the dick to just do it than dealing with the service call.

If you do decide to do it, grab a 1/2" (most likely) push to connect cap. Homeowner plumbing 101 is to always have a way to easily cap your lines in case you just have to punt and get your water back on.
    This has been the reason for most of my diy. If the actual repair takes less time than time spent finding someone I just diy it.

I'm sure he could figure it out himself, but if he's anything like me, I'm at the point where I'll drop a few bucks for someone else to get filthy in the wall while I spend time with my family.

I am there touring. And I listened to you guys and today is the day.
    Fuckin digging in. Almost done.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20240615_191750712.jpeg 
Views:	30 
Size:	57.1 KB 
ID:	495077
    sigless.

Done. Seems to work. Fingers crossed this fuckin erector set of shark bite doesn't leak.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20240615_204022745.jpeg 
Views:	36 
Size:	122.8 KB 
ID:	495089
    sigless.

Same, but different here.

Quote Originally Posted by basinbeater View Post
    Done. Seems to work. Fingers crossed this fuckin erector set of shark bite doesn't leak.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20240615_204022745.jpeg 
Views:	36 
Size:	122.8 KB 
ID:	495089
    Obviously somebody already replaced it once already looking at that sweet PT mount. Take the money you saved for your next auto upgrade , stereo gear or a trip to the best titty bar in Utah....