Check Out Our Shop

27.5 100mm axle fork, or 11sp X01 der? Help keep an old bike going!

Anyone got these in their parts bins and have no use for them?
    Edit - SOLVED -27.5 160mm (or adjustable to 160) 15x100 Lyrik, 36, or similar
    Edit - SOLVED -11sp X01 or XX1 derailleur (I’m not sure if an 11sp shifter can index an Eagle derailleur?)

-XT 8120 rear (right) brake kit (lever hose calipers)?

My wife is gonna get a new to her (or maybe new) bike soon, my Gen1 Bronson CC is gonna go on life support for a couple more years. Cheers!
    Last edited by SchralphMacchio; 06-17-2024 at 10:31 PM.

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

I'll look, I should be able to find you some 1x11 SRAM stuff.

I've read in more than one place that a SRAM 11-speed shifter will work fine with an Eagle derailleur. I was just shopping for one myself, but decided to skip the Eagle and stick with the GX 11-speed, so no first-hand experience. Readily available, smaller form factor and less prone to damage. Not sure X01 buys you much better performance, but if you're not actually buying, then sure; ask for the best!

Thanks DH and Joe.

I have X01 on the bike currently, paired up with a Garbaruk 11-46 cassette of which I’m pretty fond. The X01 mech is 8 years old but it’s always felt better than the GX 11 mech on my other bike! The X01 derailleur has had an admirable life, continuing to show up for work through injuries and battle scars - and it’s finally ready for retirement. When the cassette shits the bed then I’ll be ready to retire the bike in entirety.

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

If you're getting that kind of life out a rear derailleur, then you should consider going Eagle if you don't score a DH deal on 11-speed Xx1. It'll transfer right over to the new whip when the Garbaruk is done. My local terrain and inelegant riding "style" doesn't afford me that kind of longevity. And I understand the fondness for the Garbaruk. My 10-48 has been faithful and smooth for long enough that I don't regret the purchase price and would buy another in a heartbeat.

Sorry I thought I had some higher end used 11 speed. I only have a GX RD and matching GX shifter. I must have slowly upgrading some older feels bikes with all my 11s stuff. (because I can still put a HG cassette on the older wheels)

I have a ton of 12 Speed SRAM stuff, XX1, XO1, and GX. Cassettes, RDs, Shifter.

Pretty sure I have full XT8100 front and rear brake sets laying around. Was keeping them to use on something eventually maybe but no actual plans for them. I probably have some various rotors too. What are they worth?

Yo J, I'll ping you about those brakes but will probably pass. Gotta focus on the fork and derailleur first. Once that's sorted I figure I might as well go 4 pot as I have warped a rear rotor before on a road trip with the 8100 overheating.

DH, thanks for looking in the shop mate!

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

I have the 36 you are looking for, pm me so I can get it out of the garage!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by zlatham View Post
    I have the 36 you are looking for, pm me so I can get it out of the garage!

Thanks Brosef!

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

I have an Eagle (12sp) grip shifter if you have an Eagle rear der

Quote Originally Posted by 54-46 View Post
    I have an Eagle (12sp) grip shifter if you have an Eagle rear der

All good man, got an XX1 11sp derailleur for cheap, thanks for looking out!

Just hoping for an XT 8120 rear brake kit at some point before my 8 year old XT 8100 brake is due for another bleed.

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell