Check Out Our Shop

FS: 1982 Kawasaki KZ 750 motorcycle (free in Seattle area)

Long shot here, but I wanted to mention to the community. My mom is selling her house north of Seattle (Mukilteo), and she needs my old motorcycle gone so I'm listing it for free. Local pickup only for obvious reasons.

It is a 1982 Kawasaki KZ750 that I partially restored about 10 years ago. It was a fun project and I was able to get it running just fine in under a weekend, but it no longer runs after sitting for a number of years. I think it's worth some money if you wanted to flip it, and I also think it would be a super fun project for someone. These old bikes are dead simple mechanically -- it only took me like a day to get her running when I bought it (new chain, boiled the carb, etc). I had hopes of turning it into a cafe racer, but I ended up skiing too much to find time to work on it (and then I left for grad school and never came back).

It's free, but you need to pick it up at my mom's house in Mukilteo. She has the title. I would really hate for this cool old bike to end up in a junk yard!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image-2 (1).jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	934.4 KB 
ID:	493788

Name:	Image (9).jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	839.2 KB 
ID:	493789
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos

Yo! I'd absolutely take this. PM incoming.

Those old Jap bikes are great. If you had it running once it WILL run again.

I wish I was closer. Few years back I restored a Suzuki GS 1000 G. That was a wonderful bike! I hope somebody puts it to good use.

FS: 1982 Kawasaki KZ 750 motorcycle (free in Seattle area)

I’m in Mukilteo and glad to help load this sweet ride up if you need a hand.

Sounds like Brasso is gonna pick it on Tuesday evening.

Bronco, that's an awesome offer. I'll ask Brasso if he needs a hand.

Brasso said he plans to fix her up and use it commute to work during nice weather. I love that it's going to a good home where someone will actually use it.
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco View Post
    I’m in Mukilteo and glad to help load this sweet ride up if you need a hand.
    I'm gonna rent a U-Haul motorcycle trailer but I have admittedly never loaded up a bike before. Looks like it's as easy as rolling it up the ramp and ratcheting it down 4x?

Thanks again auvgeek for making this happen. A bike is the perfect way to make an hour long drive up and down Route 9 tolerable.

Quote Originally Posted by Brasso View Post
    I'm gonna rent a U-Haul motorcycle trailer but I have admittedly never loaded up a bike before. Looks like it's as easy as rolling it up the ramp and ratcheting it down 4x?.
    Yep! Might be a bit heavy to push up onto the trailer and I’d hate for you to lay her down accidentally. I’ll send you a PM with my cell and you can let me know if you want me to show up.

Quote Originally Posted by Brasso View Post
    I'm gonna rent a U-Haul motorcycle trailer but I have admittedly never loaded up a bike before. Looks like it's as easy as rolling it up the ramp and ratcheting it down 4x?

Thanks again auvgeek for making this happen. A bike is the perfect way to make an hour long drive up and down Route 9 tolerable.
    Handlebars and footpegs are good tie down points. If you do it right, you can basically balance and hold the entire bike from the handlebars (put it in gear so it can't roll) although I would still encourage additional tie downs. I used to have a dirt bike rack that just had 2 metal attachments that grabbed the footpegs and held the entire bike from there.

Nice bike! If you’re loading it in a trailer that doesn’t have a tire chock, be sure to set the kickstand before tying it down. Three points of contact with the trailer floor is better than just the two tires.

Seeker of Truth. Dispenser of Wisdom. Protector of the Weak. Avenger of Evil.

Haven’t had a bike in decades. Been daydreaming about a bike like that. No harley hogs. No rice rockets. Just a cruiser.

DO NOT SELL THAT BIKE!!!!
    I’ve just decided to be a middle aged somewhat depressed somewhat anxious fucktard until the end.

Rad, thanks for all the tips. The trailer does have a chock and Bronco has graciously offered to assist!

She's safe and sound. I'd like to extend endless thanks once again to auvgeek and Bronco!

Name:	20240521_211417.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	395.1 KB 
ID:	494047

Awesome! Enjoy man!

Big shout out to Bronco for helping out, including helping my mom move a kayak in the rain. Really nice of you both to lend her a hand, and I really appreciate it.

(PS. I don't remember those paint chips on the gas tank, hopefully not a big issue).

photos

Fkna this is awesome. Great work all

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

awesome work Z

This is fantastic! Love the cool old bikes

My neighbors 88 Honda project for inspiration:

Name:	IMG_0662.JPG 
Views:	33 
Size:	216.0 KB 
ID:	494058

Kawasaki lets the good times roll

Move upside and let the man go through...

Glad to have the opportunity to help out. I was 10 years old in 1982 and probably got yelled at for climbing on one of these bikes at the local dealer while picking up parts for my KX 80.