Check Out Our Shop

Boston Mags: Where you recommend getting tix for Yankees/ BoSox 06/14

Seano clan will be in Boston when NY comes to town. First, what’s a good site to get the duckets? Second, it’s my first time in Boston, so maggots do your thing.
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

Duck boat for duckets.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

I see what you did there

I don't have any hookups but aceticket.com is the local ticket sales site. I'm like an hour south depending on traffic.

Boston locals know best, but I’ve been there a few times. I’d recommend Legal Seafood. They have a nice location by the waterfront. Also: Regina Pizza in the North End.

I think Legal has become too corporate.

For no atmosphere phenomenal food, try Reno's Place in East Boston. You can easily walk there from the Airport T-Stop. It's been on Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives so it's more crowded than it used to be. Get the Lobster Ravioli. You're welcome.

North End has become unbearable (due to crowds) but Giacomo's Restaurant used to have a storefront on Columbus Ave in Back Bay/Southie. I used to walk right in on any week night...you have to start standing in line at 4pm for the Hanover Street location. Don't know if it's still open.

Durgin Park used to be a must-do but they closed (sad face).

Kids will like Quincy Marketplace for lunch.

Definitely take the kids to the Aquarium and the Science Museum.

Freedom Trail is another tourist thing but nice if the weather cooperates. Go with a tour rather than do it yourself.

Kitschy af but do the Sam Adams Brewery tour and then take the bus over to Doyle's to have a pint in the first bar to serve Sam Adams.

Beantown Pub on Beacon Hill...the only place where you can drink a Sam Adams and see his grave.

I’ll just miss you guys. My clan will be there for games on the 13th and 14th. From everyone I talk to, the Fenway tour is on the must do list.

Granted, it’s been awhile since my last visit, but one thing I liked about Legal Seafood is they had a policy of bringing out dishes as soon as they are ready rather that waiting for all the orders at a table to finish before they brought them out together. Plus, I never had a meal there that I regretted. But maybe things have changed.

The Fenway Park tour was cool, although if you are already going to attend a game, maybe a little redundant.

Yeah, there was a line out the door at Regina Pizza, but it was worth it.

If you have some younger kids, I swear the best bang for your buck is a ferry ride. I took my 3 year old on one from my sister's place in Winthrop over to Long Wharf and the aquarium sucked in his eyes in comparison for like a grand total of 5 bucks. They serve booze for the adults and you get a spectacular view of the city. Its a win win.
    Live Free or Die

We used to go to Eastern Standard to eat and drink before the maggot Fenway fests but they closed in a dispute with their landlord. But now they're open again in a new spot, still very close to Fenway. It was really good before and I bet it is again.

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    We used to go to Eastern Standard to eat and drink before the maggot Fenway fests but they closed in a dispute with their landlord. But now they're open again in a new spot, still very close to Fenway. It was really good before and I bet it is again.
    Man those gatherings were all time!! Good to hear Eastern Standard is open again. I need to get back to Boston.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

If you hang near a park entrance the tickets will come to you. Pro tip; cheaper after the 3rd inning

Legal restaurants were sold a few years ago. Haven't eaten there since to know if anything changed but they were a reliably good meal. Uncountable numbers of crab cakes and tuna burgers consumed.

The original Eastern Standard was one of my favorite restaurants. I went to the new location at the end of last year when it opened up looking for the old experience and walked away disappointed. Maybe things were still being worked out, maybe it was nostalgic expectation. Same thing happened with Stephanie's on Newbury after their renovation.

Mistral has amazing food. The location is really cool. It would be rated if Michelin had a guide for Boston. It's my favorite restaurant.

Second the Fenway and Duck tours. The Ducks have a pick up at the science museum so that's a good combo. The Museum of Fine Arts is amazing. Some banks used to give out free tickets; check with yours. The Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum and its empty frames are on the way. The old section of the Boston Public Library is a museum of it's own. There is a restaurant in the courtyard whose food is good but surroundings better. The MIT museum is also good.

Walk the Emerald Necklace down Commonwealth Ave from Kenmore to the Common. Walk the Esplanade. I'm gushing.

Tickets for the Sux??? Google losertown
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

HIt up the Seaport, do the Harborwalk if its nice out, then head to the Barking Crab for steamers, lobster rolls, fried clams, and crab legs/claws, then wrap up the day with an outdoor concert on the water at the Bank America Pavillion (or whatever they're calling it nowadays)

For MLB games in other cities, I buy my tickets from Gametime usually, mainly because their app is the best as it allows you to see prices with fees included in map format. In Seattle it seems any secondary market ticket ends up on all sites, but not sure about Boston. Sometimes I'll buy direct from Ticketmaster and infrequently Stubhub or SeatGeek. With a family you may want to lock it in, but typically the hours before the game are the best prices. That's going to be an tough ticket to get no matter what, so prices may never come down.