Check Out Our Shop

Thread: Civil War

Civil War

My take after seeing it today... One of the better movies I've seen in a while right up until maybe the last 10 minutes. It's intense with a great cast, phenomenal cinematography and a seemingly brutal randomness a la No Country for Old Men or All Quiet on the Western Front. And it's not what you think it's going to be.

I'm not going to say anymore other than it is one that you should see in a theatre. Imax would have been almost too much. Streaming definitely wouldn't be the same.

Curious to hear what y'all think.

Sent from my SM-S928U1 using Tapatalk
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

I liked it and so did all the people I was with. It would interesting to discuss but would open up some spoilers.

All I can say it was interesting that who was what side of the what is hard to determine. Why is not clear just what happens the situation unfolds.
    Mrs. Dougw- "I can see how one of your relatives could have been killed by an angry mob."

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    dougW, you motherfucking dirty son of a bitch.

Quick take:
    That was one of the most visceral films I have seen in some time.
    The pacing is fantastic and even though I saw the ending coming a mile away, it was still well done in terms of keeping the tension going until the inevitable conclusion.
    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en

Hey Reverend Floater:
    Have you ever seen COME AND SEE?
    This kinda reminded me of that in regards to the “seemingly brutal randomness” you mentioned.
    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en