Check Out Our Shop
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    Do you guys miss me? holy shit this is stale.
    Fuck off attention whore.
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

I've stepped it back because I know my limits as I age. My concern is more about my kids than me. They're 20something boys and they push the envelope at times. I've schooled them to best of my abilities, but as we know there is inherent risks in what we do no matter how calculated we try to be.

I don't like bc skiing with them because I'm so concerned. I actually have to mentally prepare to do something like that with them as opposed to going with friends. It almost not enjoyable unless it's a spring bomber snowpack. Even then, warming is a concern.

I certainly found my emotions having kids. Those that don't have kids have no clue what it's like.

Quote Originally Posted by garyfromterrace View Post
    You quoted yourself, you are so dumb.
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by garyfromterrace View Post
    Please stop quoting.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Don't feed the trolls people!

Even if no one loves you or depends on you--consider disability insurance. If you can get it.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Even if no one loves you or depends on you--consider disability insurance. If you can get it.
    This. I think I spend a stupid amount on disability insurance. It is my rationalization to keep playing.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk
    No matter where you go, there you are. - BB

Just get specific occupation coverage if you don’t want to learn new skills for a shitty job.

Reminds me to have my wife cancel her policy soon. She doesn’t do that occupation anymore.
    I’ve just decided to be a middle aged somewhat depressed somewhat anxious fucktard until the end.

Isn’t gofundme ski bum disability insurance?

Alot of great riders have come out of Canada cuz of the universal hc
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Can’t believe this thread has gone 7 pages. Risk is and always will be so different from person to person

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by ski whore View Post
    Can’t believe this thread has gone 7 pages. Risk is and always will be so different from person to person

But it makes sense to discuss it and perhaps see different viewpoints on things.

If you get seriously hurt and spend weeks in a hospital and a year or two in recovery, or die, IMO that's too much risk. If you are constantly getting hurt - small or big - you are making bad choices and/or probably don't have the skills you think you do, dial it back. I think that was me and most people in their early twenties. Peer pressure and Kodak courage always season the choices made too.

And then there are people who are on a different mental plane than 99% of us and don't care about consequences - they are suicidal, dumb, or psychopaths - just avoid those people if you can, ha.

Risk is not a big philosophical debate IMO.
    Last edited by muted reborn; 04-16-2024 at 12:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ski whore View Post

You must be new here.

There's a 290 page thread about station wagons and 507 pages on the conundrum of what constitutes upstate NY. I'm sure we've got at least a few dozen more pages of risk discussion in us.

And we can always count on someone complaining about the thread to keep it going.

And we can always count on someone complaining about the thread to keep it going.
    there's a thread for complaining. it's got more pages than the station wagon and upstate ny threads combined!

we're very good at complaining, it might even be our superpower.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

This place is dysfunctional as fuck. A discussion on risk has no place in a ski forum.
    All conditions, all terrain.
    Expect nothing, don’t be disappointed.
    Too Old To Die Young (TOTDY)

Quote Originally Posted by Darren Jakal View Post
    This place is dysfunctional as fuck. A discussion on risk has no place in a ski forum.
    I can't agree with that. At least it has some depth beyond "check me out, look at my line, blah blah blah."
    dirtbag, not a dentist

Risk taking is a mental illness. So you're all mentally retahded! Can you still say that? Well, being a retahd myself I have an excuse I guess

Quote Originally Posted by raisingarizona13 View Post
    I can't agree with that. At least it has some depth beyond "check me out, look at my line, blah blah blah."
    It’s an opinion. Feel free to disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by raisingarizona13 View Post
    I assumed he was just trolling to try to get this thread fired up again.

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    I assumed he was just trolling to try to get this thread fired up again.
    There is a saying about assuming. No, just pointing out how odd it is to question a discussion on risk in a ski forum.

There is a saying about assuming. No, just pointing out how odd it is to question a discussion on risk in a ski forum.
    Kinda baffled why you think it's odd. This is a place designed specifically to discuss skiing. Skiing is inherently risky. There are three separate subforums in here for threads about situations where the risks went poorly. A thread that directly discusses risk isn't unusual. This certainly isn't the first one.

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    Kinda baffled why you think it's odd. This is a place designed specifically to discuss skiing. Skiing is inherently risky. There are three separate subforums in here for threads about situations where the risks went poorly. A thread that directly discusses risk isn't unusual. This certainly isn't the first one.
    Read what he wrote again.

No, just pointing out how odd it is to question a discussion on risk in a ski forum.
    Not how odd it is to have a discussion on risk in a ski forum, but how odd it is to question that discussion.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Read what he wrote again.
    Read further up a bit. This is what he wrote: