Check Out Our Shop
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Very sad to read about this; vibes to the friend and family.

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    https://www.skimag.com/news/skier-da...-highway-jump/

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    tough read.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    I started this thread if people want to go there to discuss the risk element. It'd would be great to take the argument out of what is essentially a eulogy thread. Thanks.

How much risk is too much risk in extreme sports:
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...65#post7066565
    I'm glad to see you started the thread about risk. It is crushing to hear and read stories again and again of people dying in extreme sports. Ultimately sad. Extreme sports are serious shit; it is so fun when things go right or work out in the end, but fatal consequences lurk behind every corner. That being said, life without risk would likely be unfulfilled for many people.

Again, what a tragedy. I hope his family and friends can cope with his passing without adverse consequences. Hopefully, they reach out for support in appropriate ways.

For the record and any friends of family of the deceased that might treat this thread, neither of my posts are meant to judge the skier. They are only to provoke thought about risk and offer condolences. Shit happens to even the most skilled and calculated athletes. It sucks when shit happens. I want to invent the do over button.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk
    No matter where you go, there you are. - BB

What happened at Berthound Pass yesterday?

Drove by on my way to Mary Jane today. Can’t imagine how awful that scene was Tuesday.

As a father, my mind keeps coming back to this. Must be so incredibly heartbreaking for the family.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk
    No matter where you go, there you are. - BB

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Drove by on my way to Mary Jane today. Can’t imagine how awful that scene was Tuesday.
    Same. It felt really awful driving over the pass this evening and imagining where it might have happened (I didn't know the exact spot and tried unsuccessfully to not think about it).
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post

Hearts a pretty heavy around here

Sent from my Turbo 850 Flatbrimed Highhorse
    Went to CSU with Roger.

https://www.grandcountymortuary.com/.../roger-hedlund

Knew Rodger from just about the day I moved to town in '95. Just a truly admirable human. Try and live your best life everyday because one day it will be over. There were lots of people out doing the most Grand County think every yesterday...not working and going skiing on a Friday. The sun was shining on Octavio Jr., Dallas & Rodger.

When I was a young lad at CU, we built a road gap over highway 6. Only three of us hit it. The first kid to go hit it almost perfectly speed wise. He was the best ripper in the crew. Then I went, way over shot and hot tub landed on my back but was fine. First guy to go gave it another go and landed it.

Then everything changed when a third friend from the dorms made an attempt and slammed into the crusty embankment. A bunch of kids now in crisis mode. The impact was brutal. It was awful. A student from France who loved mogul skiing. He at least survived, but barely, and broke a lot of shit. Legs, pelvis, arms, etc. didn’t stay in touch with him after he moved back to France but I doubt he ever fully recovered.

Looking back on it, it was too small of a jump for how high and far back from the highway it was. Young, full of testosterone, life’s fragility not in mind.

RIP

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    Accident?
    Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    I’m not the one who called it an accident.
    Take a lap
    I’ve just decided to be a middle aged somewhat depressed somewhat anxious fucktard until the end.