Check Out Our Shop

Louis Gossett Jr RIP

Just read his obit. I knew he was a great but didn’t realize how far back he went… got an Oscar for An Officer and a Gentleman and of course got a lot of recognition for Roots and all his Broadway work but Iron Eagle is and will always be my favorite

My mind went immediately to Iron Eagle. Watched that with my dad. Always be a great memory. Loved his intensity.

Louis Gossett Jr RIP

Marcus Aurelius “Gabby” Hayes on the Rockford Files for me.
    Last edited by mcski; 03-31-2024 at 05:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzworthy View Post
    My mind went immediately to Iron Eagle. Watched that with my dad. Always be a great memory. Loved his intensity.
    It actually shows what a good actor he was that he could carry that movie+ 3 sequels with plots so goofy they made the A team seem realistic. Enemy Mine is another one I remember fondly

Enemy Mine, for sure; overcame being cast against Dennis Quaid, and getting pregnant.

Quote Originally Posted by Brownski View Post
    IEnemy Mine is another one I remember fondly
    Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    Enemy Mine, for sure; overcame being cast against Dennis Quaid, and getting pregnant.
    Yup! Enemy Mine FTW!!! Freaking loved that movie as a kid. I seriously need to rewatch that one. Roots was another highlight for me. Wonderful show. Gossett was a great actor for sure. RIP.