Check Out Our Shop

Mountain Collective 2024-25

Mrs C and I have had the Ikon pass for a couple of seasons, but thinking about going back to Mountain Collective for next year. It's $605 vs Ikon base renewal at $819, and would make for some good road trip options - - Sun Valley, Targhee, and Jackson for one, or Snowbasin, Alta, and Snowbird for another. Plus Sugar Bowl close to us. Plus that third bonus day for buying early - I don't know when the cutoff is for that.

And then in spring 2025, go back to Ikon for the 2025-26 season, and be able to ski Palisades and Mammoth in the spring - - which is usually when we get to Mammoth anyway.

Alta and Snowbird are still considered separate resorts for the MC, right? 2 days at each?
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    … would make for some good road trip options - - Sun Valley, Targhee, and Jackson for one, or Snowbasin, Alta, and Snowbird for another.

Alta and Snowbird are still considered separate resorts for the MC, right? 2 days at each?
    Correct on Alta and Snowbird. We had a good season with our MC pass this year based out of Bozeman. Jackson, Targhee, Snowbasin, Alta, Snowbird, Plus Big Sky.

Thanks for the confirmation. Really thinking this is how we'll go for next season.
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

In.

Thinking the same, for someone that doesn't have a base Mtn like me and just travels to ski it makes a lot of sense. Thinking:

Jan - Alta/Bird
    Feb - Targhee/Jackson
    March/Mardi Gras - Taos
    Spring Break/April - Banff

Anyone know if the Valle Nevada days are good for this summer (24) or next? Looks like from previous years they'll be for this summer.

Also BIG3 has a 45% deal on lodging with some other perks and only 5% down and free cancellation till 14 days before your dates I think I'm going to book today. Deal ends today - https://www.skibig3.com/usd/early-bird-24-25/

FYI, I emailed Mountain Collective to ask about that 3rd day offer and if it can be changed once selected. MC said it can be changed, just email them, and they need 7 days advance before usage.

Also FYI, "Loyalty2425" will save you $30.

Quote Originally Posted by caderader View Post
    Also FYI, "Loyalty2425" will save you $30.
    Awesome! Thanks.

Bump. MC sent an email saying the 3rd day offer is expiring soon.

We've had MC for the last 3 years. It's fantastic. Marmot, Louise, Sunshine, Pano, Revy, Sunpeaks, Alta, Bird, Jackson and Sun Valley are where we frequent, almost every year. The 50% off tickets are a real good deal as well.

I'm not sure that 50% off a $259 walk up day ticket is a good deal. But it is better than 10% off for booking a lodging and ticket package, where the hotel is going to set you back $5k for a week.

I might take up golf. It seems way less expensive than skiing. Not sure I can put up with hitting a little dimpled white ball 120+ times in a round though. And that's on a good day.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Skiing is a bargain.
    Pebble Beach is currently $659.

Any solid date on when the 3rd free day Will disappear, looking to get $saved up?

Quote Originally Posted by Shredhead View Post
    Skiing is a bargain.
    Pebble Beach is currently $659.
    Golf is a bargain.
    Heliskiing is currently $1500 a day

Heligolfing will run you two grand a day. But carts are so passe.

Quote Originally Posted by telehacker View Post
    Any solid date on when the 3rd free day Will disappear, looking to get $saved up?
    MC on Facebook says it'll be mid May, but they didn't give a specific date.