Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 26
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    closer
    Posts
    5,736

    Getting depressed in the parking lot!

    1. Everyone had the same idea as you.
    2. The snow line Was too high.
    3. American super pass companies bought your hill and brought you "Dynamic pricing".
    4. It snowed less than expected and you didn't sleep well in the rv. Sometimes together with 2
    5. No apres beer in the car!
    6. No apres Bar anywhere ( it has happened!), especially combined with 5
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Posts
    2,878
    We are depressed way before the parking lot though as once we finally get a spot after being traffic for hours it's a relief we finally made it.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    on the banks of Fish Creek
    Posts
    7,551
    man, life is hard for you…

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    10,956
    Bought a crystal mountain day ticket 3 weeks in advance for almost $200 because a buddy came to visit for that day and wanted to go.

    Woke up to $75 tickets for that weekend because coverage sucked.

    Man that was depressing.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    5,227
    7. Every lift is on wind hold.
    dirtbag, not a dentist

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Before
    Posts
    28,017
    Quote Originally Posted by subtle plague View Post
    1. Everyone had the same idea as you.
    2. The snow line Was too high.
    3. American super pass companies bought your hill and brought you "Dynamic pricing".
    4. It snowed less than expected and you didn't sleep well in the rv. Sometimes together with 2
    5. No apres beer in the car!
    6. No apres Bar anywhere ( it has happened!), especially combined with 5
    Swaris brought you the dynamic pricing; stop blaming us.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    you see a tie dye disc in there?
    Posts
    4,674
    Quote Originally Posted by raisingarizona13 View Post
    7. Every lift is on wind hold.

    ahhh, eldora

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    N side, Terrace, BC
    Posts
    5,193
    Quote Originally Posted by raisingarizona13 View Post
    7. Every lift is on wind hold.
    https://g.co/kgs/DTPwscV
    8. There are no lifts.
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

    www.mymountaincoop.ca

    This is OUR mountain - come join us!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    6,699
    #8 You forgot your boots at home.

    and this never would have happened if you wore your boots to the hill, btw.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Hell Track
    Posts
    13,920
    9. It's raining at the base, and the street clothes I wore for the drive are getting all wet while I change into my ski gear in the parking lot, and now I have to leave those wet clothes in my tesla and it's gonna smell musty for the rest of the winter.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    cow hampshire
    Posts
    8,373
    Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    #8 You forgot your boots at home.

    and this never would have happened if you wore your boots to the hill, btw.
    I'm in hs at a party and we're going to Tuckerman in the morning. I oversleep, not packed, and my friends are standing in my bedroom giving me shit. I tell them to go andd I'll meet them up there. Get 30 minutes into the drive...no boots. Jfc. I guess I should have worn them

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Posts
    2,878
    Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    9. It's raining at the base, and the street clothes I wore for the drive are getting all wet while I change into my ski gear in the parking lot, and now I have to leave those wet clothes in my tesla and it's gonna smell musty for the rest of the winter.
    10) I have to watch people change in the parking lot, ughhhhhhhhhhhhh

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Ogden
    Posts
    9,158
    11. The people beside me are listening to shit music way too loud.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sandy
    Posts
    5,171
    12. Your trying to get out of the parking lot after a day of skiing and something something rental cars tires something slide offs something Snowbird something it takes 90 mins.
    When life gives you haters, make haterade.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    6,699
    Quote Originally Posted by sfotex View Post
    12. Your trying to get out of the parking lot after a day of skiing and something something rental cars tires something slide offs something Snowbird something it takes 90 mins.
    13. You're at Alta so that 90 minutes is now 4 hours.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    5,227
    Quote Originally Posted by muted reborn View Post
    10) I have to watch people change in the parking lot, ughhhhhhhhhhhhh
    So they weren't nubile eh? sad.
    dirtbag, not a dentist

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    monument
    Posts
    6,926
    To save time I just get depressed at home before leaving.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Hell Track
    Posts
    13,920
    Quote Originally Posted by sfotex View Post
    12. Your trying to get out of the parking lot after a day of skiing and something something rental cars tires something slide offs something Snowbird something it takes 90 mins.
    14. It's 8 a.m. on a powder day, and a Texan in a large lifted 2wd pickup truck is spun out sideways on the mountain access road, blocking all access to the ski area.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    261
    Quote Originally Posted by pfluffenmeister View Post
    To save time I just get depressed at home before leaving.
    I take it one step further, so depressed at home I can’t leave.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Last Best City in the Last Best Place
    Posts
    7,330
    I get depressed in the parking lot at the end of the day because the ski day is over and the buzz is starting to recede.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    entrapped
    Posts
    2,556
    17. People no longer look at you in awe while u get nekid in the parking lot. Only Dad bod giggles.

    Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk
    No matter where you go, there you are. - BB

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    7,556
    15) dunfree walks by you and calls you a beater .

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    HR
    Posts
    431
    Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    14. It's 8 a.m. on a powder day, and a Texan in a large lifted 2wd pickup truck is spun out sideways on the mountain access road, blocking all access to the ski area.
    Some of my best mornings happened when I've been on the uphill side of such shenanigans.

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    outer spokanistan
    Posts
    1,016
    .
    I spotted an unmarked state trooper truck parked in the lot this a.m.
    that depressed me ...... not really sure why
    .
    "we all do dumb shit when we're fucked up"
    mike tyson

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    here and there
    Posts
    18,593
    Yall should eat moar Zoloft flakes, its part of a contaminated breakfast.

    Next up is vaccines in yor food.
    watch out for snakes

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •