Check Out Our Shop
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Loaded up on jerseys and shorts from the CC / PC closeout.

Anyone know of good deals on wet weather MTB gear? Looking for jacket and pants that have some sort of membrane- not just dwr….

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Quote Originally Posted by nickwm21 View Post
    Loaded up on jerseys and shorts from the CC / PC closeout.

Anyone know of good deals on wet weather MTB gear? Looking for jacket and pants that have some sort of membrane- not just dwr….

Gore stuff is very high quality. I love my Endure jacket. It looks like if you sign up for their emails you can take 20% off and they’re also running a promo if you bundle pants and the jacket. don't know if those deals stack.

https://www.gorewear.com/us/en-us/sp.../tops/jackets/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Our Elite Suito has been trouble free for a few seasons now. $370 is a no-brainer deal.
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

Agreed w Evan, no brainer at that price. I’ve had good luck w my Elite Direto I got on closeout when Performance closed their brick & mortars many years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just got a brand new XTR derailluer and (band clamp) shifter delivered for $239.00 off of ebay.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Got served up with a very convincing Blackdiamondonlinesales website link from Facebook, and excitedly started filling my shopping cart with gear at 80% off, until realizing this was too good to be true. AI has reduced the cost of creating elaborate targeted (they knew what I could barely resist) scams to effectively zero. Beware.

Quote Originally Posted by kootenayskier View Post
    Got served up with a very convincing Blackdiamondonlinesales website link from Facebook, and excitedly started filling my shopping cart with gear at 80% off, until realizing this was too good to be true. AI has reduced the cost of creating elaborate targeted (they knew what I could barely resist) scams to effectively zero. Beware.
    Yeah, these are getting more elaborate and convincing and targeting even lesser known brands. I stumbled across a POC spoof site with similar unbelievable deals a year or so ago. The seller's location in a strip mall in rural VA was a big tip off. Since then I've noticed them popping up for Mt. Hardware, Cotopaxi and others. Buyer beware.
    Montani Semper Liberi

Quote Originally Posted by Eluder View Post
    Basically a Code RSC with the new ugly master cylinder for $99 a brake, hose routing is a little goofy.... The site looks a little sketchy, but they have been legit for me on two seperate orders.

https://bikecloset.com/product/sram-...t-mount-black/
    CC/Planet has the G2 R for $97/set. Leaning towards grabbing a pair to replace the Level TL's on my singlespeed. The level's suck, hoping these suck a fair bit less.

Quote Originally Posted by ColMan View Post
    CC/Planet has the G2 R for $97/set. Leaning towards grabbing a pair to replace the Level TL's on my singlespeed. The level's suck, hoping these suck a fair bit less.
    I would definitely get those Code Stealths over the G2 R. I ran the G2 R for a couple years and they're trash. Maybe a little better than the Levels but a pretty shit brake overall and you'll run into inevitable lever return problems. I also tried to recycle mine by running them on my singlespeed and ultimately had to replace the levers
    Quote Originally Posted by other grskier View Post
    well, in the three years i've been skiing i bet i can ski most anything those 'pro's' i listed can, probably

Didn't they rename the Level series the G2s? I would agree with Wes. I have Level Ts on my first Enduro bike and they are trash.

Sent from my SM-S928U using Tapatalk

I think the G2 is the revised, newer version of the Guide. I don't know what SRAM changed for the revision.

The Level was a lighter brake. I think the Level was marketed for XC and the Guide / G2 for trail. Guide / G2 has 4-piston calipers, and I think all Level use 2-piston.

There are / were different variations within each, like R, RS, RSC - I don't know if any make any real difference in stopping power.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    I think the G2 is the revised, newer version of the Guide. I don't know what SRAM changed for the revision.

The Level was a lighter brake. I think the Level was marketed for XC and the Guide / G2 for trail. Guide / G2 has 4-piston calipers, and I think all Level use 2-piston.

There are / were different variations within each, like R, RS, RSC - I don't know if any make any real difference in stopping power.
    Oh you're right. I have the Guide Ts on my older bike, not Level. I seem to get the 2 confused easily.

Sent from my SM-S928U using Tapatalk

They offer a 4-piston Level brake now. I believe the G2 is phased out moving forward.
    Level, Code, DB8, Maven are the options now.

https://www.sram.com/en/sram/mountai...ections/brakes

I picked up a pair of Fox Union Canvas from the Colorado Cyclist closeout sale for $72. I'd previously tried the synthetic version on and they felt super small - their size chart says my normal 9.5 is a 42.5, but I checked all my other bike shoes that fit well (Five Ten, Shimano) and they all are 43.5. I hear good things about them and would like a more breathable shoe for summer, so worth a try.

One-Up (components) is having a sale, up to 30% on various things.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Memorial Day sale sitewide @ Hayes group

100 Percent has continued their sale of helmets and random outerwear. Just picked up a helmet for my daughter.

https://www.100percent.com/collections/sale-helmets

IRC tires are $29.99 with free shipping. I ordered one of their XCish ones and one of the bigger ones (they only have 2 models). The bigger one looks a lot like an Eliminator and I expect it to be pretty burly.

Ms CE and I also bought Fox Union shoes from CC to use for bikepacking. Mine at 45 and hers at 41 fit as expected. They seem well made and we like the orthopedic shoe look with the velcro straps. We're going to ride in Scotland for the next few weeks so we'll find out if they last.
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

70% off select muc-off gloves ($10 a pair)

https://us.muc-off.com/collections/riding-gloves?page=1
    Montani Semper Liberi

Anyone know of good deals on carbon wheels? I need to replace the Roval Traverse SLs that were on my stolen Smuggler. So ultimately I'm hoping to find a sub-1800g wheelset that's ~$800'ish.

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    Anyone know of good deals on carbon wheels? I need to replace the Roval Traverse SLs that were on my stolen Smuggler. So ultimately I'm hoping to find a sub-1800g wheelset that's ~$800'ish.
    http://tantancycling.com/index.php?_...ist&cap_id=232

I've ordered both bikes frame and wheels from them. A set of carbon wheels, on DT240hubs was less then my dealer cost for the hubs only. Worth asking for a quote. Long shipping time, but great build quality

light bicycle can hit that price and is a known quantity. I have when of there wheels that’s been good.

Helluva goo deal on a commuter machine

https://ride1up.com/product/prodigy/
    the drugs made me realize it's not about the drugs

I’m debating buying a 100% Trajecta helmet to replace my Proframe. $75 with double discounts is hard to ignore. Anyone have insight on this?

However many are in a shit ton.

Trajecta is better than Proframe, more equivalent to the Proframe RS
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.