Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    In California, Hwy 108 will take you to some good skiing. It is also the Holy Name for the Krishnas. I guess the writers are skiers and have bird shit on their noses.
    The trumpet scatters its awful sound Over the graves of all lands Summoning all before the throne

Death and mankind shall be stunned When Nature arises To give account before the Judge

From Rolling Stone

David Fury, exectuive producer of last season's Lost who wrote two of the episodes.

"There was absolutely no master plan on Lost. Anybody who said that was lying. They keep saying there is meaning in everything, and I am here to tell you that no - a lot of things are just arbitrary."

So it looks like there is going to be a whole lotta "hey, what about that" and "but this doesn't make sense."

Oh well, as long as Evangeline Lilly gets all sweaty and wet once a show, the Hamburgler could be behind all of the nonsense and I wouldn't care.
    Charlie, here comes the deuce. And when you speak of me, speak well.

Holy fuck. I was just screwing around on the Interweb and...Do this:

1) go to the Oceanic Airlines site

2) at the bottom of the home page, click on the green FIND button. The seat chart information will load.

3) Click on PRE BOARD CHECK IN. The name ETHAN ROM will appear above a row of square blocks. ETHAN ROM is an anagram. Re-arraange the letters and drag them into the squares in the correct order. (You have to figure out the anagram...)

WEIRD.
    Last edited by Twoplanker; 09-28-2005 at 07:39 PM.

yea, there's a ton of that shit on the web..

also, i just saw EXTRA or something like that point out a few of the number connection and other things that were in the background of eppy 1. I would never have caught all this shit w/o watching it a few times.

the graffiti on the wall inside the hatch has a demented drawing of the french woman, the #108 (the total of the sequence of numbers, 4 8 15 16 23 42 )

and the numbers were on the medicine bottle that the guy shot up his arm.

and 8:15 was the time of death of the person from the accident in Jack's flashback.

his last name was also "Rutherford" - as is Shannon's.

And, Episode 2 is starting.... goodbye.
    current ventures:

<<| Downhill-Divas |>> social network for women's mountain biking, skiing & snowboarding!
    twitter.com/elisabethos
    Adventures in Search & Social Marketing
    ...pmgear...

Was anyone else pissed at tonight's episode? They spent too much time going over last weeks episode and not enough time moving forward. Maybe its just that I'm too impatient. I was the same way with the X-Files.

Anyone else notice that the shark had the same symbol on it that Desmond had on his jacket?

Quote Originally Posted by Grange
    Was anyone else pissed at tonight's episode? They spent too much time going over last weeks episode and not enough time moving forward. Maybe its just that I'm too impatient. I was the same way with the X-Files.
    Agreed. There was about a five minute time laps between the end of the last episode and the end of this one. Booooo.

Oh well, maybe this was the methadone shot I needed to ween me off the show.
    You look like I need a drink.

Anyone else notice Mike gave Walt a stuffed polar bear in the flashback scene?

Yes, I noticed, but that sounds like a... pedophilia euphamism.

Quote Originally Posted by Twoplanker
    Yes, I noticed, but that sounds like a... pedophilia euphamism.
    Stuffing the polar bear again son? Don't you know you'll go blind by doing that?

prolly the most important thing was that Desmond had Locke type in the numbers on the computer. I think it was some type of authorization code to keep something very bad from happening. Then as soon as the "execute" (hmmm....inetresting that they sue execute instead of enter....) button was pressed the countdown returned back to 108. Also noticed that a section of the bunker was barriacaded. The section that had some high magnetic force.......

So there was more there than you think if you really watched. And how did Jin make it to the island after the raft was blown up?

Also important in this one was the preview for next week showing the girl in the pit who was the same girl Jack met in the Aussie bar before getting on the plane. She was sitting in the tail section, row 22 or 23 IIRC.
    fighting gravity on a daily basis

WhiteRoom Skis
    Handcrafted in Northern Vermont
    www.whiteroomcustomskis.com

Quote Originally Posted by Vinman

Also important in this one was the preview for next week showing the girl in the pit who was the same girl Jack met in the Aussie bar before getting on the plane. She was sitting in the tail section, row 22 or 23 IIRC.
    that's michelle rodriguez from "fast and the furious" - she was signed on as a cast member over the summer, so we knew she was going to be on at some point, and just a Jack flash back wouldn't have been enough.

I, too, was starting to get annoyed by how much of last weeks eppy they weaved back in, but then again, it's also a really interesting way to do it, because then all the pieces fall into place in sequence, as they should - for example, seeing how kate witnessed the Desmond/Locke/Jack showdown.
    current ventures:

<<| Downhill-Divas |>> social network for women's mountain biking, skiing & snowboarding!
    twitter.com/elisabethos
    Adventures in Search & Social Marketing
    ...pmgear...

It used to be fun watching the show. Now I find that I need
    to go back and watch all of it all over again. AGHHHH!!
    Maybe I will just stop reading about Lost and go back to enjoying
    show.

Btw why the heck does a shark in the middle of the ocean
    have numbers on it?!?!? Submarine?!?!? Jeez...

When does the next episode air? Tomorrow?

Tonight. Lost airs on Wednesdays at 9 pm in the U.S.

The writers of Lost continue to mine the West. Phil. 101 lode, and I continue to be entertained. I'm certain that they're pulling this stuff right out of their asses by way of a long-ago undergrad philosophy class, and are only two or three steps ahead of their audience.

But hey, who doesn’t love to watch a really good bullshit artist at work.
    Falafel!

During last night's episode I alternated between thinking it was brilliant and just plain cheesy. I liked the mention of B.F. Skinner in the orientation film. Pressing the button to avoid some unknown bad thing happening seems like something right out of Skinner's experiments. A conditioned response or something.

Jack really dropped the ball by pushing the button. That was their only chance of breaking the cycle. Now they'll be compelled to push it over and over just like Desmond did.

agreed,

but even bigger is the fact that the "others" are apparently survivors from the tail section.......

WhiteRoom Skis

Interesting. I was thinking the "others" could have brainwashed or blackmailed her.

The passengers from the front of the plane have been pretty wary of anyone they've met (with good reason), so it only stands to reason that if there's another group of tail section survivors they would be equally wary.

I think there are probably other "others." The orientation film did say it was film "3 of 6" or something like that and remember Swan station was station 3.

you guys are really falling off.

i got season 1, watched all of it in a week and am completely up to date.

shannon used to be hot, but a bitch, then she was turning into just plain hot, and now she's dead.
    fine

past few shows have been sub par without a doubt and why are they killing the hot girl...bitchy, hot and apparently a bit slutty just the way we like em.

WhiteRoom Skis

Quote Originally Posted by Vinman
    past few shows have been sub par without a doubt and why are they killing the hot girl...bitchy, hot and apparently a bit slutty just the way we like em.
    yeah, i was hoping the soap opera dude kicked it
    I resolve PC issues remotely. Need to get rid of all that pr0n you downloaded on your work laptop? Or did you just get a ton of viruses from searching for "geriatic midget sex"? Either way I can fix them. PM Me for maggot prices.

Follow me on Twitter
    Facebook - Become a Fan

It has been subpar. They show reruns for two weeks then come back with that? Lame.

I've been catching up with the DVDs (Boone just died). Can't honestly say I mind Shannon getting offed; Michelle Rodriguez seems like a ho-bag but I can't wait to watch her and Kate mud wrestle.