Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hott Butt Mud View Post
    Hey, what's the Power Pass? Is this something all the hot chick skiers have?
    It allows you into the right lane on I-70.

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    It allows you into the right lane on I-70.

Just correcting the OP. Or rather updating, as things have changed since 2005. Kirkwood will not allow you to park overnight any where in the valley since Vail bough the place. They will even tell you that Vail owns all the property - or at lest I overhead a security dude tell a patron that on Saturday. They don't. Not on the Power Pass.

My local ski area is AZ Snowbowl. This is the pass benefits we get. https://www.snowbowl.ski/season-passes/
    Trying to utilize free passes and sleeping in my van. Cheap way to go. If I know an area allows sleeping in the lot, I'd go and check it out.
    AZ Snowbowl allows overnight parking in the lower lots.
    Wolf Creek allows overnight parking, just tell the parking guys you are staying for a few days. They'll tell you where to park.
    SkiBall- my mistake Cooper Mountain (CO).
    Thanks

So Supreme Court said you can camp anywhere if they don’t have enough shelter bed... has anybody used this new ruling to camp out? Sure it won’t work on a private lot but you can on public owned like street.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Winter Park’s new policy doesn’t allow any overnight camping/parking in any of their lots. However they are unofficially allowing campers in lot g for now.

Monarch is good to go. There's an upper lot above the tubing hill where people have parked an RV for the season. I park there and use the tennis ball chucker to run my dogs ass off.

BTW any season pass and $57 will get you a full day pass. Nice epic option for those headed to the Butte or T-ride.

Quote Originally Posted by tmokes View Post
    So Supreme Court said you can camp anywhere if they don’t have enough shelter bed... has anybody used this new ruling to camp out? Sure it won’t work on a private lot but you can on public owned like street.

I was wondering this same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by steepconcrete View Post
    I was wondering this same thing.
    Last I checked local cops barely understand their own municipal code. You think they will understand a SCOTUS ruling?

You guys must be joking. Grateful Dead isn't around anymore hippies...

It's also not a SCOTUS ruling. Denying to hear a case and leaving the lower court decision in place =/= the SCOTUS deciding the issue.

Ok so that begs a couple questions. What does "not enough shelter bed"? Does that mean full occupancy of all hotels/hostels/motels/airbnb in a town? In a specific distance to a town?

Oh yeah and as mentioned, good luck with that argument with a cop at 3am when they are telling you to leave or jail...im sure they will totally buy the SCOTUS changed the rules. Please video tape this interaction, at the very least you'll become an internet sensation.

Nobody gives a f*ck what you do in Northern B.C.

the Lower Lot at Targhee

Alyeska's parking lot is at the bottom of a pretty big avy path, which once took out a day lodge there (I think). So camping there is a no go, but I can't imagine anyone would say anything about camping in the other lot. They do turn the daylodge one into an "RV Park" for the summer, which cracks my shit up because the number of people who will fork out $25 to park their RV in a dirt parking lot full of other RVs is hilarious.
    Its not that I suck at spelling, its that I just don't care

So Supreme Court said you can camp anywhere if they don’t have enough shelter bed.
    Nope. SCOTUS denied cert on the 9th Circuit case but did not issue such a holding -- and neither did the 9th Circuit. In a nutshell, the 9th Circuit case, Martin v. Boise, turned on the "cruel and unusual" clause of the 8th Amendment, striking down a local ordinance which criminalized sleeping on the street and holding that a homeless people without somewhere else to sleep cannot be punished for sleeping in public places. Good luck extending the holding to an RV which, by virtue of having wheels, and engine and transmission, empowers the occupant to go sleep elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Angle Parking View Post
    Nobody gives a f*ck what you do in Northern B.C.
    until your ashes are found in your burned out camper?

Quote Originally Posted by skiitsbetter View Post
    until your ashes are found in your burned out camper?
    Well, sometimes that is the only way to stay warm, ala the Cremation of Sam McGee.

..... too soon?

Quote Originally Posted by Cravenmorhead View Post
    It's also not a SCOTUS ruling. Denying to hear a case and leaving the lower court decision in place =/= the SCOTUS deciding the issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by GeezerSteve View Post
    Nope. SCOTUS denied cert on the 9th Circuit case but did not issue such a holding -- and neither did the 9th Circuit. In a nutshell, the 9th Circuit case, Martin v. Boise, turned on the "cruel and unusual" clause of the 8th Amendment, striking down a local ordinance which criminalized sleeping on the street and holding that a homeless people without somewhere else to sleep cannot be punished for sleeping in public places. Good luck extending the holding to an RV which, by virtue of having wheels, and engine and transmission, empowers the occupant to go sleep elsewhere.
    details, shmetails...
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

I think in Seattle, they consider RV a home so they have to go though proper eviction process that takes months....

While copper mountain does not allow it, plenty of people seem to get away with it

Revelstoke allows it for one night. I have no idea what enforcement is like.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexC View Post
    We've camped there for 2 nights without issue, for whatever that's worth.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexC View Post
    Yes. We discovered that by chance using iOverlander app.
    Some good stuff on that app.
    OH, MY GAWD! ―John Hillerman  Big Billie Eilish fan.
    But that's a quibble to what PG posted (at first, anyway, I haven't read his latest book) ―jono
    we are not arguing about ski boots or fashionable clothing or spageheti O's which mean nothing in the grand scheme ― XXX-er

Shames.