Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Angle Parking View Post
    Nobody gives a f*ck what you do in Northern B.C.
    Oh, and this.

Quote Originally Posted by skiitsbetter View Post
    until your ashes are found in your burned out camper?
    This only happens occasionally. And only rarely in the Shames parking lot.

Quote Originally Posted by garyfromterrace View Post
    This only happens occasionally. And only rarely in the Shames parking lot.
    That sounds rather specific.

There was a few year end pallet burning parties where there was weird things in the ashes in the morning. I didn't look too closely.
    I've said too much.
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

I'll bump this as a redirect from the RV thread. The Turn is here, so let's talk where to camp in ski lots.

A few resorts or areas I'm curious about:

- Mammoth: I'm under the impression that there's no lot camping. A quick search of their site confirms this. Are there places in the town to camp? Or is a SnoPark affair?

- Big and Little Cottonwood Canyons, UT: Looks like AltaBird is a no go, relegating one to valley dirtbag status. That the case for BCC?

- Jackson Hole: Definitely a no-go at the village, yes? Even in town, it seems it needs to be a stealth mission. Is that still the case?

- Mt Hood: Meadows allows it for a fee.

- Mt Bachelor: allows it for a fee and a few shore power spots

What else can the maggotry contribute?

Here's a pro tip: park overnight at a used/new car lot. They always have cars parked there for service and you can pretty much stealth there overnight. You'll have to leave early in the morning though.

Just occurred to me that airport parking in some of those locations might be worth a small fee.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat Sig View Post
    I'll bump this as a redirect from the RV thread. The Turn is here, so let's talk where to camp in ski lots.

A few resorts or areas I'm curious about:

- Mammoth: I'm under the impression that there's no lot camping. A quick search of their site confirms this. Are there places in the town to camp? Or is a SnoPark affair?

- Big and Little Cottonwood Canyons, UT: Looks like AltaBird is a no go, relegating one to valley dirtbag status. That the case for BCC?

- Jackson Hole: Definitely a no-go at the village, yes? Even in town, it seems it needs to be a stealth mission. Is that still the case?

- Mt Hood: Meadows allows it for a fee.

- Mt Bachelor: allows it for a fee and a few shore power spots

What else can the maggotry contribute?
    I looked up Mammoth, thinking the answer was going to be no anywhere, and found this. Airport is an option along with the lot near the village. Paid parking but not bad. Might find myself there this year some nights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whistler, Snowbasin both have places

Myself I prefer a distance from the resort so you can warm everything up on the car drive there. Likely a bunch of places I have stayed are more difficult now with the whole van life thing.

Never needed to use it, but suspect many condo areas with air b n b make stealth camping easy. Just get all your business done before you get to your “camp” site

Quote Originally Posted by Iowagriz View Post
    Just occurred to me that airport parking in some of those locations might be worth a small fee.
    Definitely depends on the airport, and many are under surveillance and will kick you out asap. DIA for example is on the lookout pretty hard from what I've heard. Some of the smaller ones might not be so strict or observant. Probably need to be very stealth after dark though.

The legal but not obvious spots are best identified by making friends with locals or hunting around during daylight.

When it comes to the simple ‘ski resort lot or nearby RV park’ question, of the many online lists you can google I think this one is best: https://ryanbritton.com/2019/04/ski-...th-rv-parking/

Lot 3 at Alpental, rv lot at Stevens, mission , and I believe ok at baker.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

In LCC, is it ok to just park a vehicle and sleep at the Tanners Flat campground?
    I guess that Albion Basin is not open to veh. during the winter.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Tanner's is closed in winter, there is no sleeping in LCC. (Other than normal lodging.)

Quote Originally Posted by SirVicSmasher View Post

Stevens requires you are “self contained”.

https://ryanbritton.com/2019/04/ski-...th-rv-parking/

In JH:

Parking is kinda open with a few exceptions, broad stroke exceptions.

No Parking on any town street between 2am and 6am for plowing. Regardless of snow or rain or meteor. Nada. Nov. 15-Apr. 15.
    And they will not be passing up easy money for the county coffers next winter. Ticketing zero tolerance.
    Except where expressly prohibited, anyplace else is viable depending on your level of stealth.

And actually pretty easy. (Although summer street RV'ing has gotten out of hand lately, so locals are less cool with rando's parking outside the house. If you're cool and polite though, some locals will green light you and vouch to the cops.) Come winter, we'll set you up in the spare driveway for a night or two.

At least I would, for a cool mag.

At the vill, they frown on parking in any of the condo lots up the hill. Overnight, though, it should be simple. Any savvy guy can roll around and figure out an unoccupied driveway. JFC, it's dark at 5:30 in Dec.
    Or the other direction, up the ridge could net a bold dirtbag some hottub poaching.

It's still pretty loose here so long as you're not malaffecting someone.

I bet some stealth action would be easy in the Aspens as well.

, and I believe ok at baker.

Shhhhhhh

It used to be easier until everyone started doing it.

Bumping this thread. Finally picked up a truck camper and looking to do a few trips this winter in the middle of the continent depending on snowfall. Already planning a trip to Ghee/Jackson in Feb, might go further north if it is required for snow. Also considering Taos and Wolf creek maybe in January. UT always on the table as well. Silverton for unguided season too.

But list em up, wherever. Would love go get up to the PNW or Tahoe some day but that's a long haul at 8mpg.

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    Bumping this thread. Finally picked up a truck camper and looking to do a few trips this winter in the middle of the continent depending on snowfall. Already planning a trip to Ghee/Jackson in Feb, might go further north if it is required for snow. Also considering Taos and Wolf creek maybe in January. UT always on the table as well. Silverton for unguided season too.

But list em up, wherever. Would love go get up to the PNW or Tahoe some day but that's a long haul at 8mpg.
    We slept in truck camper at Wolf Creek, shit, much longer ago than I realized now that I think about it, 2014. We came in after dark, went left to the end of the lot. It was dumping. Plows woke us up around 6a and said "can you move up to the front row we need to plow this area". We stayed there a few nights, no issues. But that was 10 years ago. Wolf Creek was fun AF and a Great vibe then.

Taos charges like $20 or $30 to camp in the lot now, and I think you have to make a reservation.

Wolf Creek allows overnight parking in the overflow lot below the snowshed. On big storms this is the last place plowed. IMHO it is better to stay at the Shaw Creek rest area east of south fork. Running water and heated bathrooms. You will probably be at the area before those waiting to get plowed at hte overflow lot. My dwy is also available to mags feel free to get in touch.
    off your knees Louie

Good to know, I could also offer up my driveway for a night or two in Summit if any mags need it. PM before hand.

Anthony Lakes requires it.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.