Check Out Our Shop
Page 1 of 30 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 748

Thread: MLB 2024 Thread

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Babylon
    Posts
    13,597

    MLB 2024 Thread

    Time to get the annual MLB thread going
    NOT a lifetime Rangers fan but been supporting them since my son and I ‘s favourite player Corey Seager went there. Especially once my Dodgers flamed out in the post season, AGAIN. Def both cheered loud enough for the whole tri state to hear it when he hit THAT homerun



    So going to start this up before Irul starts on another Yankee excuse parade, as Hot Stove is heating to burning and there are a lot of large shoes to drop including Shohei Ohtani or Yoshinobu Yamamoto. Dylan Cease is on the move , somewhere. Cody Bellinger seems primed to make a shit ton of money to maybe not revert to his career mean….

    Woo hoo, Dodgers signed Joe Kelly & Jey Hey, start up the parade plans….
    Hope we get some more fun surprise teams this season and the Dodgers somehow find post season relevance, last sentence aside.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Babylon
    Posts
    13,597
    Also since we ended the 2023 thread talking about the Mets and players they bring over, thought I would add that the Mets will be paying $41,621, 859 to Scherzer & Verlander in the 2024 season.

    that really is Amazin'!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Not in the PRB
    Posts
    33,340
    As a Mets fan, let me just say that a) it's not my money and Cohen seems ok with it, and b) they got good prospects because they're paying the money. So fuck yeah.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Babylon
    Posts
    13,597
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    As a Mets fan, let me just say that a) it's not my money and Cohen seems ok with it, and b) they got good prospects because they're paying the money. So fuck yeah.

    As a baseball fan with nearly 20 years in the tristate I hope the Mets win NY and go far in the playoffs.

    Until the NLCS, to paraphrase the great baseball aficionado Don Corleone "Good luck to you. Especially since your interests don't conflict with mine. "

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Babylon
    Posts
    13,597
    Bmills. buy a lottery ticket.

    the Cleveland Guardians will have the No. 1 pick in next July’s amateur draft. the Guardians’ had a 2 percent chance to land the top pick

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    7,030

    MLB 2024 Thread

    The enemy of my enemy is my friend. Go Mets.
    Last edited by Brock Landers; 12-06-2023 at 05:33 AM.
    Decisions Decisions

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Geopolis
    Posts
    16,374

    MLB 2024 Thread

    With Donaldson gone, cashman needed a new Least Liked Yankee and got his man in Verdugo.

    Fitts (nice AA season), weissert and some guy idk headed to boston.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Posts
    11,918
    Ugh. Sox in tank mode before Christmas.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    7,030
    Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    Ugh. Sox in tank mode before Christmas.
    Anything is better than wherever bloom was going. But I’m not optimistic for next year.
    Decisions Decisions

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    ne pennsylvania
    Posts
    4,916
    Go phils....signed Nola, looking for another starter too.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    General Sherman's Favorite City
    Posts
    35,761
    Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    Bmills. buy a lottery ticket.

    the Cleveland Guardians will have the No. 1 pick in next July’s amateur draft. the Guardians’ had a 2 percent chance to land the top pick
    Woot!

    It’s starting to come together!
    I still call it The Jake.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    General Sherman's Favorite City
    Posts
    35,761
    NEWS FLASH:

    Four-letter network that produced and broadcast The Decision upset that Ohtani not providing them with the opportunity to do the same with his free agency.

    https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/...gers-blue-jays

    That's a whole lot of words to tell the reader they don't understand how a Japanese player with different values and culture could handle his personal business affairs differently than say LeBron.

    The icing on the cake is that tmzSPN felt it necessary to have Stephen A. produce video content to blast Ohtani as well for being "secretive".

    What a bunch of clowns.
    I still call it The Jake.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Posts
    11,918
    I for one need to know what Stephen A thinks. He’s famously always right and has historically been really into baseball.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    General Sherman's Favorite City
    Posts
    35,761
    Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    I for one need to know what Stephen A thinks. He’s famously always right and has historically been really into baseball.
    Paragon of baseball knowledge, that Stephen A.


    Congrats Chowds, your guy got the Frick Award this year while Tom Hamilton continues to wait.
    I still call it The Jake.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    2,921
    Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    NEWS FLASH:

    Four-letter network that produced and broadcast The Decision upset that Ohtani not providing them with the opportunity to do the same with his free agency.

    https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/...gers-blue-jays

    That's a whole lot of words to tell the reader they don't understand how a Japanese player with different values and culture could handle his personal business affairs differently than say LeBron.

    The icing on the cake is that tmzSPN felt it necessary to have Stephen A. produce video content to blast Ohtani as well for being "secretive".

    What a bunch of clowns.
    Not to be outdone, I heard Mad Dog complaining about the secrecy and comparing it to the atomic bomb. ESPN baseball coverage is embarrassingly bad. Passan and Kirkjian are the only ones worth a damn over there.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    7,030
    Holy shit! Joe Castig going to the Hall.

    “SWING!!!!….and a pop up…”
    Decisions Decisions

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    2,921
    Looking like Soto to the Yanks is about done. I won’t miss the Dodgers having to face him 14 times a year.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Posts
    11,918
    Welp, RIP to Soto getting a ring. Once again the Yankees go for offense not defense or pitching. He’ll hit sixty HRs and lose in the ALDS.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Aug 2022
    Posts
    140
    My son just came in to tell me the Soto deal was done, and I could tell by the tear in his eye that once again the Yanks have stuck a knife in our hopes and dreams. It was painful for him to tell me that it was King.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Geopolis
    Posts
    16,374
    Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    Welp, RIP to Soto getting a ring. Once again the Yankees go for offense not defense or pitching. He’ll hit sixty HRs and lose in the ALDS.
    Let the hate flow through you
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    2,921
    https://www.mlb.com/news/craig-kimbr...ree-agent-deal

    Haven’t Baltimore fans suffered enough?

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Babylon
    Posts
    13,597
    Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Horse View Post
    My son just came in to tell me the Soto deal was done, and I could tell by the tear in his eye that once again the Yanks have stuck a knife in our hopes and dreams. It was painful for him to tell me that it was King.
    I cant tell if you are a Yankees, Sox, Orioles or Padres fan by this but I hope your son finds joy somewhere in baseball like mine did with multiple away games last year and Corey Seager's post Season.

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    1,965
    Quote Originally Posted by alias_rice View Post
    https://www.mlb.com/news/craig-kimbr...ree-agent-deal

    Haven’t Baltimore fans suffered enough?
    I think he's got a lot of good leadership and perspective to give young O's bullpen guys, even if his closing abilities aren't what they once were. I wouldn't be surprised to see him as a 8 setup man if some young gun on the O's establishes themselves as a better closer as the season wears on.

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Aug 2022
    Posts
    140
    Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    I cant tell if you are a Yankees, Sox, Orioles or Padres fan by this but I hope your son finds joy somewhere in baseball like mine did with multiple away games last year and Corey Seager's post Season.
    I guess that could be read multiple ways!

    Yanks. Through and through. Inherited the passion from my father who inherited it from his father. Now my son has it from me.

    Oh, don't worry. He's a ballplayer, and a good one. He loves the game.

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    upstate NY
    Posts
    2,248
    Can the Yanks work their magic and turn Soto into a .230 hitter?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •