Wetsuit Recommendations

I知 getting old and the winter chill in San Diego is getting to me
    I知 looking at companies like Matuse and Isurus and wanted to know if anyone has one
    When most would be wearing a 3/2 , I would want a 4/3 so I need extra warmth without the thickness
    I know their are newer materials in the market today

https://www.wetsuitwearhouse.com/pro...41730349072564

Wet suits work by thickness, colder = thicker.

So many good wet suits out there, I picked up this Oneill dry suit for river use and at some point will add dry bootie socks to it.

I have multiple NRS and Henderson suits of various thickness and designs. I often mix and match for the conditions.

Some good deals out there now.

Gitusum
    Last edited by SB; 11-27-2023 at 06:27 AM.
    watch out for snakes

Last year I finally splurged for a Feral suit with Yamamoto rubber and will never go back to regular neoprene, yulex, whatever. It is half the weight and thickness of a comparable standard suit. I've had a bunch of different wetsuits from Patagonia, O'Neill, RipCurl, etc. and regularly surf in 50-60* water temps. Nothing comes close to weight, comfort, flexibility, and warmth. Plus they dry really fast. I found Feral from an Adventure Journal post, they're a couple guys from NorCal just trying to make a solid product, would recommend.

Limestone injected neoprene is superior.
    watch out for snakes

Personally, I've always been an O'Neill guy. Superior construction and fits my body well. I picked up their 3/2 Psycho Tech a couple of years ago and can't believe how warm it keeps me when the water down there dips into the upper 50's. It really is more like a 4/3 without losing any flexibility than it is a 3/2. When the water gets back into the low 60's, it is almost to much for me. I too am starting to feel the chill more as I get older. I've found I really need to keep my lower back (lumbar fusion) and right hip (replacement) especially warm, otherwise I lose quickness and flexibility making even popping up a challenge sometimes after I've been in that temperature of water for over an hour. Just my $0.02.
    "... she'll never need a doctor; 'cause I check her out all day"

I've had good luck with patagonia and o'neill, but it all about your body type and what fits you best. I'd say that you should really try a bunch on before making a decision, even the best materials and build quality will not work if the suit doesn't conform to your body properly.
    Three fundamentals of every extreme skier, total disregard for personal saftey, amphetamines, and lots and lots of malt liquor......-jack handy

I tried on around 15 wetsuits , some were 4/3 and some were 3/2 . I would try on a 3/2 in case I wanted a suit in 4/3 of the same manufacturer
    I tried on the following
    Patagonia , Matuse , Isurus , O地eil , Rip Curl and Billabong
    I went into the search thinking I would get a Matuse , but they felt heavy and stiff .
    Billabong was the only brand I couldn稚 get to fit me in any size
    As I stated I was looking for something different , more high end .
    I have worn O地eil for the past 40 ? years
    I would have choose a Rip Curl or O地eil but got lucky and found a Isurus that fit
    4/3 chest zip no hood . I did pick up a hood and gloves from Isurus also
    The suit fits like a glove . It痴 thick but really soft and flexible.
    Won稚 get to wear it till Dec 26 but did try it on .
    I知 really impressed with what I see in the construction and materials.
    We will see how it performs

I just saw this. I got the Evade 4.3 for kiteboarding in San Francisco bay. I haven't worn it for a couple years because I kite in Maui now, but I was really happy with it. Enough so that I got a 2.2 zipfree that I use a lot and love.