Scott pure 109ti pro

Didn't find that much info anywhere. Anyone skied these and played around with mounting point? Got 190cm waiting for bindings.

Ski it self has stiff flex, nice rocker profile and not too much sidecut. Can't wait to get it on snow!

I'll add a review once I get them on snow.

Lähetetty minun LYA-L29 laitteesta Tapatalkilla

Wow! That is a great looking profile on that ski! Nice woodwork there as well.
    On a stiffness comparo any idea?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

^^^yeah, and cheap as f4.k right now. 22/23 version at 57% off att sport-bittl here in Euroland, €298, gitsum!

Quote Originally Posted by waxoff View Post
    ^^^yeah, and cheap as f4.k right now. 22/23 version at 57% off att sport-bittl here in Euroland, €298, gitsum!
    Got them from there, although bought them couple of months ago for 348€. Still cheap though

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post

You can bend the tip, mid section is real deal, tail is not 2x4 but still plenty stiff. Stout ski definately! I have monster 108's in storage(also some lesser skis), can compare tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post

Always so precice hand flexing next to monster 108 184cm tells me that they are bit more flexy from the tips, mid section about same, tails same or even bit stiffer(bit hard to compare straight tail vs. tail rocker).

Quick one day review

Mounted on the line, 190cm
    Binding Duke PT
    Boot: radical pro, with custom Palau wrap

On the groomers grips like a gs ski, but thanks to rocker very easy to release sliding if needed. On shorter turns there's so much energy, when properly loaded it shoots you from turn to turn.

Chopped soft snow, wind buff and chalky snow with supportive base. Awesome ski, cuts through when riding on edge and again, when loaded properly on shorter turns change of turns is in the air. So much fun!

Can't say anything about soft snow, got just couple of turns. But on those it felt that ski planes well. Probably needs some speed to be fun.

Ski feels like breed between Monster 108 and Corvus Freebird.

I would say, that it's skiable with Radicals, but would give much more with more beefy boots. Can't wait to test it next time with my RS130.

Do these still have Scott's "3d sidecut" where they put a tighter radius in the tips and tails? I really liked the construction and flex pattern of the scrapper 115 but I hated that sidecut. Maximum hooking. Exactly the opposite of what I want and what, for example, volkl does with a tighter radius underfoot. If these new Scott skis have gotten rid of that I'm interested

FWIW I've never experienced the frequently cited 'hooking' on Scott's 3D sidecut skis.

I tried the Pure 109 TIs last winter. Very nice skis. They would be even better as an inbounds charger if they were a 2-300 grams heavier.

The real issue with Scott skis is their durability. The bases get core shots like nothing I've ever experienced. I know of a couple of Scott sponsored guides who kill two to three pairs per season.

Agreed on the weight for inbounds skiing. I toured on the scrapper 115. The 109s are sort of in a no man's land for weight (for me, ymmv).

Yeah, they do have that 3d sidecut. But very different feel comparing to Punishers that I had some years ago. Maybe stiffnes and less sidecut? Now that you reminded me, maybe it's better to do detuning. Punishers were awesome skis but I remember detuning them quite a lot. Didn't have any durability problems with them. We'll see, any case they didn't brake the bank, so if they do otherwise good, I don't mind doing some baserepairs

Quote Originally Posted by WhetherMan View Post
    Agreed on the weight for inbounds skiing. I toured on the scrapper 115. The 109s are sort of in a no man's land for weight (for me, ymmv).
    I'll use them for sled skiing and side country. 200-600 vertical runs, 2kg ski is pretty much perfect for this stuff. Also snow up here is usually different forms of windaffected, firn and corn. Should be good weapon for that.

Is the resort Levi?
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by ex-powderbroker View Post
    Is the resort Levi?
    Yeah, my "home resort" 270km south. Season start so early, so I usually get a season ticket and try ski as much as possible before touring season. Late spring I do prefer Riksgränsen.

I got a few days on a demo of this ski and wasn't a huge fan. It's more lively feel really takes away for what I'd expect a 109ti ski to be in terms of dampness. Basically it's stiff and wants to charge, but gives so much feedback to your legs/body to really have it be a smashing big mtn ski. I also thought it's tip shape felt a little hooky as well.