New Yorkers :: eXXXXXtreme Freeriding This Weekend?

So I'm coming to da city for the weekend. Get in at 5:30 am Friday and leave 8:30 Sunday evening.

Since I got suckered into this stupid Zion Freeride Thingy next weekend I figure I should ride my bike at least once in the month leading up to it. Just got my fork back so figure this weekend is as good a time as any.

Is anyone going to be out riding their too-big bikes this weekend? I won't have a car, but if you want to come pick me up I'll buy you gas money and wuss out constantly. And probably crash in hilarious fashion.

We could go to that Diablo park place. I hear Mildbill likes it.

Ideas?

J-

I'll be riding after work Friday and Saturday in the city. Where you gonna be? Come meet me at work and we'll go play when I leave, about 7:30 on Friday and around 6 on Saturday.

Gravitylover, what kinda riding are we talking?

I usually warm up with a bit of traffic raging then go for some concrete landscaping and maybe fall off a few rocks in Central Park while avoiding gapers walking their dogs. Stop for a beer and a smoke and do it all over again Lights are kinda necessary now (especially a taillight, I have extras if you need), getting dark early ya know.

If there's anything that JayFrizzo loves more than hucking off rocks, it's doing it in the dark.

I can do Diablo on Sunday,
    "There is a hell of a huge difference between skiing as a sport- or even as a lifestyle- and skiing as an industry"
    Hunter S. Thompson, 1970 (RIP)

Gravitylover, I can't really ride at night due to shitty peepers. Thanks for the offer though.

Plakespear, that could be cool. Where do you live? I'm either staying in Brooklyn (W'burg), Soho, or Jersey City.

Things are still up in the air

My arm could be twisted into going to Diablo this weekend. Let me know what you're thinking/planning. Won't be much help getting you there though unless you want to ride a train up from the city and meet me.

Mildbill is a sally and can't handle Diablo and it's 666 EXTREME DEVIL FREERIDING, so he won't go.

the devil statues make me wee wee in my bike shorts.

it's because it's so extreme

Crashandburned, where do I need to take the train to? If I can't ride with Plakespear that's an option. Metro North Rocks!

The more I think about it the more of a PITA bringing my bike is becoming. How are Diablo's rental bikes? Are they evil? Or wicked sweet?

They rent Iron Horse Yakuza Kumicho's for about $80 and then the lift ticket is another $28. Not the greatest bikes, but not bad.

For the train, Beacon, NY on the Hudson Line or Harriman, NY if you're coming out of NJ.

http://www.diablofreeridepark.com/park_info.html

If you're staying in SOHO my shop is the neighborhood shop so you better come by and say hey

FYI I don't live in NYC and it's out of my way to Diablo from my house. Also, if you have to be on a plane at 8:30 Diablo might be a tough trip on sunday, unless yo're flying out of Newark.
    "There is a hell of a huge difference between skiing as a sport- or even as a lifestyle- and skiing as an industry"
    Hunter S. Thompson, 1970 (RIP)

Fuggit, I'm not bringing my bike. Too much hassle. I'll just get drunk and eat street meat. That's pretty extreme.

Shit, I'd really like to ride around. Gravitylover, anyone at the shop want to rent? Where do you work?

im always up for drinking. drop me a pm if you're out and about fri/sat night

Quote Originally Posted by jayfrizzo
    eat street meat
    too easy.

Ahh, street meat. The San Gennaro Festival is in SOHO and Little Italy right now. GOOD eats fo sho. I've been gorging every day this week. It's 9 or 10 blocks of food and food and food and Zeppoles and some more food and...

FYI...Yankees are Satan. And I'm not talking about the baseball team. I mean everything and anything NorthEast.

Quote Originally Posted by Particle
    FYI...Yankees are Satan. And I'm not talking about the baseball team. I mean everything and anything NorthEast.
    Diablo is satan's own creation, everyone knows that.

That said, it's a good thing I'm from MN.

Quote Originally Posted by snorkeldeep
    im always up for drinking. drop me a pm if you're out and about fri/sat night
    Also up for drinks either night

Edit: Destructed!

CnB, yeah, I figured as much. But I probably gained 5 pounds in booze and street meat. That should make me nice and stable hucking this weekend.
    Last edited by jayfrizzo; 09-26-2005 at 10:30 AM.

Mr. Frizzo missed out on a good weekend at Diablo.