Page 12 of 47 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
    I still think it's strange how you can only uphill during open hours at Cannon, but only during closed times at many places like sugarbush.
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

Yes the industry is still sorting out uphill. I think eventually most mountains will cut a dedicated uphill track

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsAugustWest View Post
    Was it the app or was it the fact that said idiots posted all of their crimes on every social media platform known to man?

That fucking klown almost ended my season on Sunday- jumped over my skis between the tips and boots doing about 30, cased the landing and double ejected, claiming "that was awesome!".

I wonder if there's any footage. I'm still seething about it.

Quote Originally Posted by jhyatt View Post
    I still think it's strange how you can only uphill during open hours at Cannon, but only during closed times at many places like sugarbush.
    I think Sugarbush now has a dedicated uphill path at Mt Ellen that’s always open: https://www.sugarbush.com/mountain/t.../uphill-travel

East Coast Roll Call 23/24_The Guns Are Blowing

Quote Originally Posted by singlecross View Post
    Can I get a ruling? Gravy included in the soup family?

Attachment 478451

Anyone coming to Saddleback can reach out to me for a skiabout… with gravy hot shots.
    I dunno man, next thing you know we’ll be getting a rash of poutine pics in here with people calling it fry soup. I dig the gravy flask tho!
    27° 18°

Quote Originally Posted by vt_ski View Post
    That fucking klown almost ended my season on Sunday- jumped over my skis between the tips and boots doing about 30, cased the landing and double ejected, claiming "that was awesome!".

Somebody is going to beat him senseless soon. I know Vt-f would be willing to lend a hand.

Quote Originally Posted by danmelon View Post
    I dunno man, next thing you know we’ll be getting a rash of poutine pics in here with people calling it fry soup.
    It’s scary how quickly you read my mind. Quebec fry soup is delicious!

Quote Originally Posted by 365wp View Post
    I think Sugarbush now has a dedicated uphill path at Mt Ellen that’s always open: https://www.sugarbush.com/mountain/t.../uphill-travel
    The climb trail at Mt Ellen even has little LED lights on the trees to guide you for pre-dawn tours.

Maybe instead of saying “that was awesome”, he could have, you know, apologized instead…?

There are way too many dipshits out there like him who mistake skiing fast for skiing well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

glad you weren't hurt. shame the a-hole didn't get some kind of educational pain. i got taken out on a wide-open SS last spring by a similarly knuckle-headed a-hole who was going too fast and inexplicably skiing too close to me.
    luckily he only hit my tails (causing me to eject). could have been really ugly!

then later in the day another a-hole hit my tails. my first two collisions ever, and on the same day.

both did apologize but damn...stupidity is on the rise.

many more near-misses all season - by youngsters who never learned the courtesy shout-out "on your left/right" and seem to revel in the near-miss pass...

Ugh. Sorry. I try my best not to hate but I really, really REALLY don't like those idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by buckethead View Post
    many more near-misses all season - by youngsters who never learned the courtesy shout-out "on your left/right" and seem to revel in the near-miss pass...
    I gave up on calling out passes a while back, after a few too many people responded by turning to the direction I called out.

Looking up the hill on a busy day at KMart generally scared the crap out of me. It's hard to beat a midweek powder day there given the amount of terrain and vertical drop, but the groomers get really exciting for all the wrong reasons at peak times.

^^ ha! exactly. the uninitiated are likely to turn into the lane that should be avoided.

that they do...i'm likely done with K til spring passes, just as the last time i had a season pass - when i went 4.5 mos w/o using it after a shitshow powday in mid december.

blessed are the ski areas that still provide a degree of solitude!

Quote Originally Posted by buckethead View Post
    ^^ ha! exactly. the uninitiated are likely to turn into the lane that should be avoided.
    Truth.

I fancy a good old European loud whistle (but only when required) and then shoot for whatever gap is created by said whistle… unless overtaking in bumps/moguls when I have been known to yell “Line!” as was imprinted on me in my years spent at Winter Park/Mary Jane which actually has nice continuous bump lines to follow.

Courtesy and skiing in control should, of course, always be paramount.

Quote Originally Posted by singlecross View Post
    Truth.

I fancy a good old European loud whistle (but only when required) and then shoot for whatever gap is created by said whistle… unless overtaking in bumps/moguls when I have been known to yell “Line!” as was imprinted on me in my years spent at Winter Park/Mary Jane which actually has nice continuous bump lines to follow.

Courtesy and skiing in control should, of course, always be paramount.
    I’ve never heard “line!”. But I’ve also never been to Mary Jane.

I usually shout “heads up!”, and if it’s more urgent, it’s “HeadsUpHeadsUpHeadsUp!!!”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maine bc was good today. Shwack was thick, but snow was nicely right side up for fun turns. Only saw two solo skiers who took just one run each.

Cold so camera only came out once.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3251.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	716.5 KB 
ID:	478540

Name:	IMG_3252.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	890.0 KB 
ID:	478541

^ nice. looks very wintry

MRG opened a couple of days early to bluebird skies and country club crowds (so far)Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3931.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	304.0 KB 
ID:	478576

Quote Originally Posted by cat in january View Post
    Maine bc was good today. Shwack was thick, but snow was nicely right side up for fun turns. Only saw two solo skiers who took just one run each.

Cold so camera only came out once.

Name:	IMG_3251.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	716.5 KB 
ID:	478540

Name:	IMG_3252.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	890.0 KB 
ID:	478541
    It's nice to see that in the first week of December.

Quote Originally Posted by halliday View Post
    It's nice to see that in the first week of December.
    No doubt, especially considering the 2nd week of December is forecast to be shit.

yup. MRG closes again for mid-week.
    ski it while you can.

(still two weeks til winter solstice...many, many more weeks to complain)

i'm still bullish on 23/24 (and don't pay much attention to forecasts til after the christmas/new year's mud season has passed)
    Last edited by buckethead; 12-07-2023 at 12:30 PM.

Cool inversion this morning

Guns causing an Avy at the ‘loaf

Name:	Image1701977447.528817.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	1.03 MB 
ID:	478607
    Last edited by Peruvian; 12-07-2023 at 02:05 PM.

That’s what a 15* slope?