Page 11 of 47 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by akokskis View Post
    is it really that fucking hard to NOT be an idiot?
    Attachment 478359
    This is why we canít have nice things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Perfer et obdura, hic dolor olim utior tibi. -Ovid

Quote Originally Posted by Boosh View Post
    speaking of checking passes, anyone hear anything related to this??

Killington allegedly pulling passes via their GPS tracking app/webcams?? super lame move if true

Attachment 478288
    Unfortunately very true. "Pulling passes" not quite accurate as they disabled passes for a lot of folks and sent them an email without any interaction with a patroller or any other resort employee. Usually (I am told) they would post up a patroller at the bottom of the canyon to catch people coming down Royal Flush and the canyon runs and once people see someone being stopped or a couple of patrollers hanging out they stop coming down or go somewhere else - so the yield of such operation would be 2-3 passes. With cameras and the stupid app they got 60 in a few hours.

Next step: lets figure out how to get generative AI involved in this effort

Today they opened most of the terrain that was being poached.

East Coast Roll Call 23/24_The Guns Are Blowing

No photos, but Smugglers Notch was fantastic today. A foot + of great base building material and top 2/3 of Sterling skied great. Got heavy down low. I was skiing 108s and should have brought my 120s. It demanded speed and a fall line style. Pitch helped. Even steeper aspects showed little sign of rocks.
    Uno mas

Skied wildcat today, was pretty good. Wildcats move is to put the closed rope high so u can duck it. Once trail is tracked out, they open it. That way if you hit something, itís ď your faultĒ because the trail is closed.
    I donít think they care there about skiing closed runs. But the new epic pass being automatically on your phone might be a problem at other mountains where they arenít as lenient.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1604.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	767.5 KB 
ID:	478381

Name:	IMG_1601.JPG 
Views:	102 
Size:	897.8 KB 
ID:	478382

sometimes the best you can do is the best you can do.

good on all you guys.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Mt royal night shred!

Sent from my SM-A536W using TGR Forums mobile app

Posted 7pm on 12/4 by Stowe Mountain Rescue on FB:

ďWe have an urgent request to all uphill skiers at the Stowe Mountain Resort. Please observe all signage and stay away from the winch cat groomers. This morning grooming operations had to be put on hold because some skiers actually skied over the active winch cat cable on their glory run down. Yes, you read that right.

Please understand that weíre not just asking this out of respect for the resortís right to get the mountain ready for their paying guests (though that alone is a valid reason). No, this is a pressing safety issue. Winch cats are extremely dangerous because their cable is under incredibly high tension. If that thing were to break in your vicinity, it would kill you in a second. Itís also a horrible clothesline injury waiting to happen. Think about it: the resort saw uphill skiers in their winch cat grooming area and their response was to shut down the whole operation Ė THATíS how dangerous it is.

PLEASE be respectful and stay on the designated trails and away from grooming operations. And please pass this message along to anyone even thinking about skinning the mountain.Ē

The pass pulling due to the app squealing is nothing new, happened at Stowe several years ago. I would never load the ikon app to follow me around as the Samsung fitness app tells me what I want to know. I do have a number of K friends that like to track vert all year and they'll have to watch their activity.

Messing with winch cats shut down the snorth skiing as well, what the fuck is wrong with these klowns?

This popped into my feed, apologies if posted before but found it a fun watch. Remembering how much fun it is up there and the slot car skiing from the couloirs back to the cabin

Quote Originally Posted by ex-powderbroker View Post

sometimes the best you can do is the best you can do.

good on all you guys.
    MR XC is pretty freakin good! Did you happen to notice if the lower half of the blue loop is still closed? Last I recalled it was closed last winter and will be closed this winter too...

Way to gitsum y'all!
    27į 18į

Heading back to the Almighty Upstate starting next week. Stoked for you all getting snow. Spending 2 months skiing MRG, WF and Indy Pass.

Will be checking out bmom, Cannon, saddleback up narth.

Back to my roots in the land of gorilla crust and stumps. Word!

just saw this also- Hickory on the Indy Pass this season, base elevation be damned.

Wow no shit

I've skied it once via lift. After a rain event. Want to talk about gorilla crust? Literally an inch thick rain crust breakable on pow/whatever. Virtually unskiable. Took a new skier college bud w me. He was, let's just say, challenged

add Jay to that Indy list.

You can turn off location on the ikon app. On any app, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by byates1 View Post
    Heading back to the Almighty Upstate starting next week. Stoked for you all getting snow. Spending 2 months skiing MRG, WF and Indy Pass.

I <heart> hot tele-moms

Hope to catch up with you. I will be mostly in Upstate NY and New England this season, from Swain to Saddleback. Might as well try Hickory when in the lower daks

I've skied it once via lift. After a rain event. Want to talk about gorilla crust? Literally an inch thick rain crust breakable on pow/whatever. Virtually unskiable. Took a new skier college bud w me. He was, let's just say, challenged
    my last turn there was a rock hit to full somersault to non-release coming in to base for lunch break. pow but no base.

have a discount pass for gore /wf.
    might be my year to get back there after 15+ years away.

Iíve skied it I think 3x. Once with a scary-ass death crust, once was meh, once was a Friday pow day which was a blast. All with ex-powderbroker I think. Inconsistent for sure, but worth checking out. At least you donít have to become a member or something like they were trying for a minute.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Can I get a ruling? Gravy included in the soup family?

Name:	IMG_0435.jpeg 
Views:	112 
Size:	350.2 KB 
ID:	478451

Anyone coming to Saddleback can reach out to me for a skiaboutÖ with gravy hot shots.

^ word. Gotta see that licence to thrill jacket in person

Quote Originally Posted by Bottleman View Post
    To be fair itís the same app that got those idiot twins off the trails this year.
    Was it the app or was it the fact that said idiots posted all of their crimes on every social media platform known to man?

Quote Originally Posted by teletech View Post
    . But the new epic pass being automatically on your phone might be a problem at other mountains where they arenít as lenient.
    Don't fall into that trap...you don't have to use the app. You can still use a physical pass. A friend tried using the app and every other run he had to reset his phone. I've never used their stupid app after hearing reliable stories about Stowe suspending passes for skiing closed terrain based solely on app tracking.

In other news, Magic started blowing snow an hour or so ago following a months-long recovery from the July flood damage to the snowmaking pond and water pump.

Bomber that Hickory is on Indy, got their insurance sorted and are opening this season. Now just gotta hope they get snow. remember some years even when they were open they only got 2 decent weekends a season

Name:	403404028_1531944990895651_8485003482161831936_n.jpg 
Views:	441 
Size:	146.9 KB 
ID:	478452

Got my first day on skis at Tremblant sur le weekend. not great, but skiing is skiing

Fingers crossed the temp spike theyre forecasting for monday doesnt materialize. Best hammer in whats there first!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20231205_144501.jpeg 
Views:	80 
Size:	106.6 KB 
ID:	478458

Sent from my SM-A536W using TGR Forums mobile app

Lot of French in Maine, think gravy falls into soup if chowder does. Don’t let congeal in the cold, texture gets funky.

Indy Pass got me out skiing Waterville Valley today. Bluebird and a lot of untracked snow on trails that had big closed signs but no ropes and often other entrances not blocked. Tumbled twice hitting rocks. First I was kind of looking ahead, not focusing where I should be. Second was a double eject at slow speed crossing a drainage ditch. Skiing sure was fun today.

Was it Stowe that had issues before with folks being on winch cat trails? Ski areas work really hard to keep the sunny side up for skiers, but there’s little revenue in uphill most places with Bolton possibly being an exception