Page 10 of 42 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
    Gotcha. Should get a foot w this system?

Quote Originally Posted by byates1 View Post
    Gotcha. Should get a foot w this system?
    Approx 8" already (by 2pm) where I was skiing today. Between boot-top & knee-deep in some drifted zones. Will be interesting as more snow stacks.

Quote Originally Posted by byates1 View Post
    Will they, or have they already, trackset Teton canyon for xc?
    Also.... people tend to drive on that until pretty late... and even after it is "closed" to vehicles, someone is usually putting vehicle tracks there. That road can be very rocky — will destroy nordic skis* if there is not good coverage. That said, it's usually the best early low elevation spot.

* - That is, if you care about these sorts of things. I used to live 500' from a nordic trail and would walk in my ski boots. I'd routinely see people ski down my street — even after a county vehicle had dropped gravel. I could hear their bases getting chewed up while inside. They're not like alpine skis...

Nice to ski a new trail today on Crags Run in some piled up fresh snow. Tough viz made for some good bowl training. Oh there's a bump.

Not as nice when I walked out of my left binding while maching down an empty Upper Werner. Look down, oh crap, right inside edge catches, boom on side and head, sliding down the hill. Put on a good show for some schoolers who were nice enough to check on me and bring my ski. Lucky to be all good, glad the ribbon of death had some cushioning today. Those old bindings are going straight in the trash.

HMS, the missus and I popped in last night to say hi but must have missed you. Looked like a really well attended event

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
    Day Man. Fighter of the Night Man. Champion of the Sun. Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone.

23/24 WYDAHO * " Le Tits now " * JH, GT, SK, KC, PC...

Quote Originally Posted by cdubski View Post
    Hey schwerty, y’all… hope to catch up witcha this winter, at least a couple times—missed all of last season in shangri la for first time in 22ish years
    Anyway, this is probably posted elsewhere around here, hms doing the great work: https://youtu.be/sZGy6tFsvg8?si=7mBtfKU15iD4IB-W
    Hey buddy! You know where to find me. Missed seeing you this year. I’ll be down “south” before long.

KGB did a great job with that one. Nice work HMS!
    Last edited by schwerty; 12-02-2023 at 05:13 AM.

Nicest surface of the season today. Caught second chair and lindenle passed me as I forgot to buckle up at the base.
    Left before the Teton lift opening but soon after the horde arrived.

Koko- what clamp released on you?

Heel. I've been playing with fire on these f12s for a while

Day Man. Fighter of the Night Man. Champion of the Sun. Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    AAAAlll of you lurkers need to chime in. I need to hear from you mags. Especially the Targhee and Pebble creek crews. LittleBigLost and 2BJenny are missed in here. Moar Haysman16 and Telehacker too.

C'mon Mags, let's see how wide a path this western Highlands Tribe can plow.
    I'd be in stoketown if some local to Cody/Sleeping Giant and an Antelope Butte-er would jump in.
    Byates is getting some Cokeville time in.

Not to mention all of the Village rats. Say Hey Beeotches.

SuperGaper and Kokomas are already turnin up the volume out there.
    Bob approves of this message.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1701480410.681918.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	301.8 KB 
ID:	477992
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by kokomas View Post
    Nice to ski a new trail today on Crags Run in some piled up fresh snow. Tough viz made for some good bowl training. Oh there's a bump.

Not as nice when I walked out of my left binding while maching down an empty Upper Werner. Look down, oh crap, right inside edge catches, boom on side and head, sliding down the hill. Put on a good show for some schoolers who were nice enough to check on me and bring my ski. Lucky to be all good, glad the ribbon of death had some cushioning today. Those old bindings are going straight in the trash.

HMS, the missus and I popped in last night to say hi but must have missed you. Looked like a really well attended event

Ouch! Glad you escaped unscathed. Would have loved to say hello, but it was some kind of busy. Great to see that kind of turnout and support for the BTAC!

Sent from my SM-A536U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by upallnight View Post
    Also.... people tend to drive on that until pretty late... and even after it is "closed" to vehicles, someone is usually putting vehicle tracks there. That road can be very rocky — will destroy nordic skis* if there is not good coverage. That said, it's usually the best early low elevation spot.

* - That is, if you care about these sorts of things. I used to live 500' from a nordic trail and would walk in my ski boots. I'd routinely see people ski down my street — even after a county vehicle had dropped gravel. I could hear their bases getting chewed up while inside. They're not like alpine skis...
    Do you know when the first groom of the park road is (beyond Taggart parking lot)?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

First day for me and the Mrs(think I can call her that now).

Got out around 1pm, snow started hammering around 1:30. Mostly stuck to Crags, skiers right had some nice soft bumps. Don’t think I can remember any season opener, anywhere, where I was skiing bumps. Knees kinda sore, heh.

Going to try to get make it out early tomorrow.

Oh, and pretty stoked on these pass photos!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1701559241.274776.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	755.4 KB 
ID:	478078

lol love the photos eob.

I need to have more fun with that next year.

Wow... what a DEEP day!

Challenging storm shooting conditions through the fat flakes.

Name:	7f5a6934b.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	2.02 MB 
ID:	478082

Name:	7F5A6788.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	2.17 MB 
ID:	478080

Name:	7F5A6743.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	1.95 MB 
ID:	478081

*Almost* too deep.

Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post
    Do you know when the first groom of the park road is (beyond Taggart parking lot)?
    It varies based on minimum snow coverage on the road. I don't have a read on that yet, but it is usually mid-December. The Park had pretty minimal snow at low elevation, so I'd imagine the road doesn't have enough. This storm is contributing to that. Need enough snow so grooming equipment doesn't get damaged.

Quote Originally Posted by NBABUCKS1 View Post
    lol love the photos eob.

I need to have more fun with that next year.
    Photo chop.

Back in the day you could have more fun.

UAN. Deeeeeep wow pow
    . . .

Damn good day at the ghee. Except......we were ~7th/th chair up DC 1st thing this am and it promptly sh*t the bed. Go 20 ft then stop for 5 mins. Repeat and repeat and repeat. Winds were rippin and the 45-50 mins+ we spent stuck on the chair was brutal especially being 1st thing on a pow day. after already hanging out for 30-40 mins in the maze this am. They stopped loading DC for awhile then went to every other chair at reduced speed. And at that time damage was done and was so bloody chilled I had to bail after only maybe 4 runs at noon thirty. The grom stuck it out til 4 and he said there were free refills at the end of the day. Fingers crossed the crew figures out the issues for tomorrow. Rumors of a hydraulic flugen valve of sorts sh*t the bed.....At least Blackfoot comes on line tomorrow.....

Quote Originally Posted by GravityDT View Post
    Damn good day at the ghee. Except......we were ~7th/th chair up DC 1st thing this am and it promptly sh*t the bed. Go 20 ft then stop for 5 mins. Repeat and repeat and repeat. Winds were rippin and the 45-50 mins+ we spent stuck on the chair was brutal especially being 1st thing on a pow day. after already hanging out for 30-40 mins in the maze this am. They stopped loading DC for awhile then went to every other chair at reduced speed. And at that time damage was done and was so bloody chilled I had to bail after only maybe 4 runs at noon thirty. The grom stuck it out til 4 and he said there were free refills at the end of the day. Fingers crossed the crew figures out the issues for tomorrow. Rumors of a hydraulic flugen valve of sorts sh*t the bed.....At least Blackfoot comes on line tomorrow.....
    That looked tough on the heavy side of the rope, getting Blackfoot on line will greatly help. See Ya'll am.

Damn UAN unbelievable

Cannonball run from the flatlands today. Looks like winter just barely beat me here.

Welcome back, good timing.

Quote Originally Posted by GravityDT View Post

Damn good day at the ghee. Except...

Rumors of a hydraulic flugen valve of sorts sh*t the bed...

Ffucking flugen valves. Ey'll get ya everytime.

LTN

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    Ffucking flugen valves. Ey'll get ya everytime.
    Did someone say pfluggenvalve?

Djongo, I'm planning on being in JH mid March.
    IIRC you'll be back in town then?

Quote Originally Posted by pfluffenmeister View Post
    Did someone say pfluggenvalve?

Djongo, I'm planning on being in JH mid March.
    IIRC you'll be back in town then?
    Yup, Back in JH on the 14th of March.

Really like the new observation tab on the BTAC site. Nice work to those responsible!

Day one: notably day one of Mrs.Wstdeeps new knee...4 mo after surgery. It went better than I expected, she managed good controlled turns with decent speed which is all you can ask for. Lots of banging on the upper mountain today starting at 7am and going most of the day. It sounds like things were pretty active according to patrol with some crowns as deep as 5 feet.

Good to get back on snow again