Page 8 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    Made it back from a whirlwind week in Denver/Minneapolis. Ready to get some sliding in.

Quote Originally Posted by kokomas View Post
    Dang MNIAW, I didn't know that. Really sorry to hear, we loved those furballs

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
    Yeah, it's been tough sledding since I last visited. Those dogs loved everybody but they were great with your kids.

Stratton did not suck today. 5" of cream cheese fell overnight and no crowds at all.

Anyone using T-mobile in the local hood...hows the coverage if you are.

Quote Originally Posted by wstdeep View Post
    Anyone using T-mobile in the local hood...hows the coverage if you are.
    I've heard great things from friends, including service over most of the pass, up at Targhee, and in Teton Canyon. I have Verizon and cannot say the same...

Yeah I'm on Mint which uses T-Mobile. I'm doing pretty well with it. Verizon is probably better but I haven't been too annoyed since switching last year

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
    Day Man. Fighter of the Night Man. Champion of the Sun. Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone.

T Mobile was fine for me at JHMR last year was there midweek and kept up on work everything. There is ZERO T mobile coverage at Targhee on the hill maybe the lodge but not sure might have been on wifi absolutely zero everywhere on the hill buyer beware. Luckily my days were Dr Kings birthday weekend so no work to worry about.

AT&T coverage is $ out here…. We’ve had zero issues at the Village, Pass and especially the ghee

Quote Originally Posted by GravityDT View Post
    AT&T coverage is $ out here…. We’ve had zero issues at the Village, Pass and especially the ghee

which is weird because it used to be shit when I had cricket (basically att) a few years ago and they roamed on union towers in more rural wyoming but appears att has really built on infrastructure in wyoming. I use cricket for internet up the hoback now.

Agree with this. Special lady has service seemingly everywhere.

Verizon is ok for me, not great.

Ya we switched to ATT for pass coverage. I ski and work up there too much to not have service.

We're driving up from AZ the last few days, from an extended biking trip. Ready for winter to start once we are done driving . See you all at avy night? Come find me for change for a nickel after my storytelling panel!

Sent from my SM-A536U using Tapatalk

weird question but i'll sneak it in during the phone talk.

we're spending xmas in bondurant. My wife grew up in an ELCA (the lib) lutheran church and likes to goto to a christmas eve service that's short and sweet and candle lit. Neither of us particularly into church anymore but she wants to goto a candle lit christmas eve service more for the vibes and the nostalgia.

Anyone have a nice quaint candlelit service in Jackson or Pinedale they recommend?

We'd goto the church in bondurant but they don't have one! PM if ya you'd rather get back to real spiritual (ski) talk in this thread

Anyone else see the viddy of the guy who plastered himself into the ground speed flying at snow king about a week ago?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post
    Anyone else see the viddy of the guy who plastered himself into the ground speed flying at snow king about a week ago?

Like, total kersplat ‘Game Over’, or Wiley E. Coyote style?
    (I have been out of town, didn’t hear about this)
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by NBABUCKS1 View Post
    weird question but i'll sneak it in during the phone talk.

we're spending xmas in bondurant. My wife grew up in an ELCA (the lib) lutheran church and likes to goto to a christmas eve service that's short and sweet and candle lit. Neither of us particularly into church anymore but she wants to goto a candle lit christmas eve service more for the vibes and the nostalgia.

Anyone have a nice quaint candlelit service in Jackson or Pinedale they recommend?

We'd goto the church in bondurant but they don't have one! PM if ya you'd rather get back to real spiritual (ski) talk in this thread

There is a small chapel in Bondurant but it may be seasonal.
    Saint Hubert the Hunter is a great little church. If they have a Christmas service, it would be very quaint. It's Episcopal.

EOB- he is going to get a lot of work done on his knee but is going to be ok from what I hear. Gnarly crash going super fast.

NBA- we do candlelight at First B in Jackson. Always welcome.

Anyone we know?

Can't find any reporting...

Young guy named Owen (I forget his last name as I only met him once but he grew up local). He put the footage on insta as a story so I doubt he minds me sharing. He was proximity speed flying on the King last Monday and did a barrel roll and didn't have enough clearance, so his legs slammed into the ground probably doing 50+mph. TCSAR plucked him off the hill with the new bird and I think there was a buckrail story about it without any names. From what I understand it could have been much, much worse.
    Last edited by aBradAbroad; 11-28-2023 at 02:40 PM.

How is anyone speed flying off the King with the miniscule amount of snow we have? At 50mph, your at the bottom in like 15 seconds going pretty fast.

Hope he has a good and speedy recovery

^Yep, he crashed maybe 5 seconds into the flight… on his second back to back barrel roll.

I scrolled through his insta a bit and can’t say I’m surprised by this outcome. He’s very lucky for sure. For anyone interested in watching it his insta handle is kid.newt.

Quote Originally Posted by Iwantmy2dollars View Post
    How is anyone speed flying off the King with the miniscule amount of snow we have? At 50mph, your at the bottom in like 15 seconds going pretty fast.

Hope he has a good and speedy recovery
    To clarify: He was foot launched not on skis. The small type of wing he was using is referred to as a speed wing. And yeah, it’s a quick sled ride down.

Oh fuck. Kid newt?
    I don’t insta snap gram chat. But that’s gotta be Brent’s oldest son.
    Fuckkkkkkk
    . . .

He’s doing ok. Not as bad as the shit posted above.

Not sure about the knee.

Reminds me of big Wally crashing into the butte many years ago.
    . . .

Yikes. Barrel rolls close to the terrain are the most common mechanism of injury with speed wings.

Sent from my Turbo 850 Flatbrimed Highhorse

Yep, that's the one. That's good to hear it's better than initially reported. Thanks for update.

Yeah. He’s got demons. I had no idea he was winging.
    Must be hard to have known your dad briefly.
    And his dad owned the room. Always.

His younger brother is solid.
    Big O I haven’t seen in a few years. I hope he doesn’t flame out. Maybe he learns something from this.
    . . .