Page 73 of 95 FirstFirst ... 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,825 of 2372
    Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    When I was at a dead stop between WP and China Wall a guy went by jogging. Unfortunately I started doing the math in my head and a pretty casual pace would have gotten me to the P&R faster than driving did.
    You must have been within 10 cars of me. Saw the guy running in the middle of the road just as I finished loading my shit in the car and got in line to see him disappear around the white pine bend. Got stuck with 0 movement for about 20 minutes right in front of China Wall.
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

Along with the parking reservations, it sounds like it's time for a combination of traffic signals and roundabouts from entry 1 to the Bypass.

Ha. Roundabouts with bald tires would be some good fun.

Damn the wind-blown is nice today.

Traffic lights might actually be a good idea, but Utards are not good with roundabouts.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by BobMc View Post
    No, I’m gonna use a bitch ticket and remark that people complaining about parking at the uppermost reaches of a canyon are dumbasses.

Alta fucks complaining about having to zipper merge with downhill traffic are idiots. Talk about special snowflakes….

People always ask me why I hate Alta, that crying whine fest by them is just another reason. Fuck that place and all who buy in to the whole “soul” ass bullshit.
    Wow. Maybe get some help for anger issues. Nobody at alta is any different than you are, we all like deep powder and awesome terrain. Some of us just like the vibe better at one vs the other.

And there is no crying going on at alta. Just an assessement of where we are and trying to make it better. Both Alta and snowbird have a resonsibility to work together to make it better. If one party is not working together, then there is a problem. If people don't think snowbird is part of the problem, they are not paying attention.
    Had my doubts about the parking reservation sytem, but it works (for no additional cost to me as a passholder), and makes the mornings better.

Two things that would help the afternoons for all LCC skiers:
    1. Better enforcement of vehicles/tires
    2. Getting rid of the stupid concrete barriers at snowbird entrance 1&4. Hwy 210 is a state highway, the traffic onto it should be regulated by stop signs like it used to be. Priority should be flow of the hwy, not putting up barriers so unlimited flow from snowbird lots allows those lots to empty and clogs up the road for traffic already on the hwy.

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post

Damn the wind-blown is nice today.
    snuck up for a few afternoon laps...holy Shit was I stoked! boot deep wind blow butter, with wind blown complimentary face shots if you went fast enough and dug in those turns

ill take quality over quantity any day

Quote Originally Posted by cbgarrett View Post
    And there is no crying going on at alta. .
    There's actually a lot of crying going on at alta. And this thread is evidence.

Parking reservations are just another way to gatekeep. And it sucks for everyone, but passholders aka the gatekeepers.

Good pow skiing all weekend. Can't beat days like Saturday

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	interconnect.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	499.2 KB 
ID:	487516

Wow. Maybe get some help for anger issues. Nobody at alta is any different than you are, we all like deep powder and awesome terrain. Some of us just like the vibe better at one vs the other.

And there is no crying going on at alta. Just an assessement of where we are and trying to make it better. Both Alta and snowbird have a resonsibility to work together to make it better. If one party is not working together, then there is a problem. If people don't think snowbird is part of the problem, they are not paying attention.
    Had my doubts about the parking reservation sytem, but it works (for no additional cost to me as a passholder), and makes the mornings better.

Two things that would help the afternoons for all LCC skiers:
    1. Better enforcement of vehicles/tires
    2. Getting rid of the stupid concrete barriers at snowbird entrance 1&4. Hwy 210 is a state highway, the traffic onto it should be regulated by stop signs like it used to be. Priority should be flow of the hwy, not putting up barriers so unlimited flow from snowbird lots allows those lots to empty and clogs up the road for traffic already on the hwy.
    You can pry my entrance 1 barrier from my cold, dead hands. Zero sympathy until the wall falls, as if my opinion has any bearing on this issue, mega ganjalas or the price of tea in China.

Hill was pretty quiet this afternoon. Great, edge grabbing snow wall to wall. 315 departure not a taillight in sight, and that extends to upper canyonites.

Sent from my CPH2417 using Tapatalk

UDOT assuredly did modeling that showed traffic flowed faster with the barriers, and they have the data collection now to verify the model numbers. It's not like people weren't zipper merging and road parking before those barriers went up.

Now, mandatory zipper merge training, that would make a difference.

Actually, make another barrier at E2, and make the E1 exit bus-only and now we're really talking.

Quote Originally Posted by JKnight View Post
    Along with the parking reservations, it sounds like it's time for traffic signals from entry 1 to the Bypass.
    Not gonna jump in the middle of a soap opera, but: ^This. Its time.
    Oh, and the skiing's been purty good too, eh?
    Time spent skiing cannot be deducted from one's life.

Skiing has been absolutely fantastic for over a month.
    Not sure if the weather (visibility) will let it happen but freeride events at the bird the next 2 days are going to have epic conditions for big time sending. 2 star silver Fox tomorrow and 4 star baldy for Wednesday. South winds must have absolutely loaded and smoothed both venues. But ski conditions might be so good that I don’t stop to spectate.

holy fuck

Sent from my Pixel 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Great shots!

Sliding on snow is fun.
    Thanks all who bring stoke and TFW for the wisdom.
    See you on first chair. Ask for change.

Front Row, Let's Go Skiing

Days

Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    Best way down LCC yesterday:

Attachment 487468

Saw these 2 around 3:15p as I was bailing from White Pine then caught them on the cam as traffic was fully stopped, presumably to wait out 2 bald tires sedans that were chaining up in the middle of the road. I think they made it all the way, could see their tracks down to the Wasatch resort at least.
    That's awesome. Maybe instead of a gondola, they should grade and regularly groom an XC track down the hill; casual carpool up (incentive to pick people up: qualify for carpool parking), ski back down at the end of the day.

As for roundabouts, you folks do realize that the rule when the roundabout itself is congested is... zipper merge into it.

Yeah, traffic circles love and hate them. It could be shedded and heated? Maybe out-of-staters are better at zippers?

But currently, what's the best way for folks parked roadside (southside) to get turned around - pull into the uphill lane and flip around at the first opportunity? Just curious, usually, this is about as close as I get the upper LCC these days..

Name:	P_20240126_121108.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	727.4 KB 
ID:	487537

I look forward to waiting out the traffic next weekend.

Name:	IMG_3335.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	826.9 KB 
ID:	487538

The trick is to come prepared.

Name:	IMG_3345.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	655.3 KB 
ID:	487539

I bring a box of Franzia and my designated driver. The traffic cleared a little after six, we cruised down the canyon without stopping.

Name:	IMG_3355.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	648.9 KB 
ID:	487540

Traffic aside that was a top tier weekend in the wasatch. Wish I took more pics but was too busy skiing

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

I like tgapp's approach;

Find the stoke.

And be greatful to get out at all.

Kick turns practice on Bonkers?

Name:	twins.jpg 
Views:	263 
Size:	169.1 KB 
ID:	487547

Quote Originally Posted by wra View Post
    Kick turns practice on Bonkers?

Name:	twins.jpg 
Views:	263 
Size:	169.1 KB 
ID:	487547
    absolutely amazing photo, thank you as always

Sent from my Pixel 8 Pro using Tapatalk

This is why we can't have nice things: https://www.ksl.com/article/50881924...tonwood-canyon

i can't even ski through trees that tight without crashing into one; impressive how far they went threading the needle!

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    This is why we can't have nice things: https://www.ksl.com/article/50881924...tonwood-canyon
    Can't imagine having the balls/confidence/willful negligence to pull a dumbass stunt like that without studded tires given the road conditions Sunday night.