Page 71 of 98 FirstFirst ... 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 ... LastLast
Results 1,751 to 1,775 of 2431
    1. Correct. Super rare for that one to look like a good idea.

2. Thanks!

3. The tricky part about that zone is it's easy to land on a traverse. The line is actually a double, but this one's the hardest to see since my sluff wiped out the tracks. Not a large one, but techy and was super aesthetic.

4. This one usually requires some scraping, but worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post

3. The tricky part about that zone is it's easy to land on a traverse. The line is actually a double, but this one's the hardest to see since my sluff wiped out the tracks. Not a large one, but techy and was super aesthetic.
    Ah, I see the double now, that's a nice option. And I am very aware of that dumb traverse, ha. The crosscourt option is blind so it's easy to land on the traverse before you dial in the takeoff speed.

Sorry for cunting up the thread with parking bitching. If anyone is at Brighton the next couple days and wants to spin a couple laps, let me know.
    Last edited by phatty; 02-18-2024 at 05:29 PM.

Wasatch 23/24 Stoke Thread: Red Snake Coverage coming at you live from tgapp's fartba

Well fuck. Somber day at Alta for us today with a smaller group than we had planned. The woman in our crew that was racing the skijoring comp this weekend got a quick MRI and found out the results of her crash - ACL, MCL, LCL. Fuck fuck. She’s a total ripper. So hard to see her down. And it’s the same knee she did an ACL on 2.5 years ago. A week ago backflipping kickers, now in a straight brace.

She’s in her 20s and has a great attitude. She’s already talking about doing the work to get back asap. But it’s hard to see. If you’re an Alta regular you have no doubt seen her ripping around flashing her awesome smile and incredible positivity.

Enjoy the day up there mags. Appreciate it. And throw down an Alta Bomb for a complete shredder who’s out of commission for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    Well fuck. Somber day at Alta for us today with a smaller group than we had planned. The woman in our crew that was racing the skijoring comp this weekend got a quick MRI and found out the results of her crash - ACL, MCL, LCL. Fuck fuck. She’s a total ripper. So hard to see her down. And it’s the same knee she did an ACL on 2.5 years ago. A week ago backflipping kickers, now in a straight brace.

She’s in her 20s and has a great attitude. She’s already talking about doing the work to get back asap. But it’s hard to see. If you’re an Alta regular you have no doubt seen her ripping around flashing her awesome smile and incredible positivity.

Enjoy the day up there mags. Appreciate it. And throw down an Alta Bomb for a complete shredder who’s out of commission for a while.
    Was she on the horse or skis? Syd?

Wasatch 23/24 Stoke Thread: Red Snake Coverage coming at you live from tgapp's fartba

Quote Originally Posted by tBatt View Post
    Was she on the horse or skis? Syd?
    Skis. Don’t know Syd so not her. Shit, did someone else get hurt? I had heard noise about another bad crash.
    Last edited by EWG; 02-18-2024 at 11:34 AM.

No, just seems like something in her wheelhouse.

Anyone at bird? 77 tree six 83 nein 010

Sent from my CPH2417 using Tapatalk

Vibes EWG, that’s what my friend calls the ‘efl’ every fuckin ligament. She sent the good snow up there. Really great day.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

weirdly good day at snowbasin today. Probably 4 inches overnight. We pulled in at 8:30 got second chair jp. Next lap we got first tram with two other people. Couldn't see shit but grizzly was pretty smooth so it didn't matter. Traversed to lower no name gate where there was literally no one and the gate had been open since first chair. It was really weird. Did that again again no one out there untouched. Tram again to catch patrol dropping the gate on upper no name. Hard to see but great turns. Basically walk on jp all day long today with next to walk on trams. 9 total no name laps? snow, ice pellets, graupel, a tiny refresh it was all good.

Weirdly quiet day on a holiday weekend at the ikon resort of the north.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gus1.jpeg 
Views:	115 
Size:	249.4 KB 
ID:	487402

Name:	gus2.jpeg 
Views:	116 
Size:	518.1 KB 
ID:	487403

Vibes to the lady.

Fkna deep today, I love Solitude. Killer two days of shredding. Crowds pretty non existent this weekend, maybe due to Ikon blackout? Plenty of absolute jerrys fucking the dog on every traverse but that’s not really new.

Will dump some photos tomorrow evening when home.

Quote Originally Posted by Dshack89 View Post
    https://www.sltrib.com/news/environm...tionship-with/

Alta has ‘tenuous’ relationship with Snowbird. Canyon traffic is to blame.
    Serious question. How does Snowbird having parking reservations or not have anything to do with the number of cars going in and out of Snowbird? It will be filled either way and it'll always be downhill of Alta.

Quote Originally Posted by Marshal Olson View Post
    Serious question. How does Snowbird having parking reservations or not have anything to do with the number of cars going in and out of Snowbird? It will be filled either way and it'll always be downhill of Alta.
    Afternoons are gonna stay chaotic. But snowbird having morning reservations would alleviate the congestion in the morning, as proven by BCC.

I was getting kind of burnt out on snowbird but then she pulled me back in with an afternoon for the ages. I was milking it for all it was worth under mid gad until 430. Everything was so fast and soft, refilling on all aspects, wow. When it's like this, why ski anywhere else? My ass would be here every presidents day if I lived in California too.

Vis went to zero in the open and the place emptied out fast. That's when it got really good.

Sent from my CPH2417 using Tapatalk

Limiting parking on the road means no waiting an hour on the way up or down for everybody to pull U turns in the middle of the road, also means everyone isn't getting there at 7am just to find a parking spot.

Looked out my window and happened to see this a minute after it happened. Skier triggered and skied out lookers right.

Name:	IMG_5736.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	585.8 KB 
ID:	487414

Quote Originally Posted by muted reborn View Post
    Ah, I see the double now, that's a nice option. And I am very aware of that dumb traverse, ha. The crosscourt option is blind so it's easy to land on the traverse before you dial in the takeoff speed.
    Hit the crosscourt takeoff today, that's a good one! Thanks for the tip, I probably would not have thought to hit that side. There's more apron there than it looks and since you take off at an angle you're set up well to turn above the traverse.

Quote Originally Posted by Marshal Olson View Post
    I think what we’ve experienced is that with reservations required fewer folks will go to said resort and try to park without one. They will get creative and carpool or crowd source a ride or use UTA. I know this has kept me out of BCC more and even simply to go tour.

Snowbird not requiring reservations has created parking panic on nearly every weekend day (and many weekdays too)regardless if fresh snow and that requires anyone not holding a reservation to get into the canyon early to secure a first come spot. That race keeps getting more competitive (err earlier) and along the way creates traffic congestion for staff and patrons who wish to go beyond Snowbird but get caught in the Tom foolery which develops as those limited spots evaporate. Today there often are more cars coming up canyon than SB can accommodate so while the spots are limited and in theory while the same number of cars will get parked what often happens is some greater percentage of cars actually come up than can be parked leading to additional pressure on the available road.

Add snow to the mix and things go fubar fast!

The downhill is a joke but that is more because we won’t enforce the traction laws 24x7 from Oct 1 -
    May 1.

Tried to post but OzSkiers Insta of the Chevy Camaro with Washington Plates in the Collins lot on Friday night is a perfect example. I hope rather than spending $1.5B on a gondola we could hire a few folks to gatekeep the mouth and prevent these touron aholes from driving up in real wheel vehicles with all season tires. That and we need more buses!!

Quote Originally Posted by ski_the_fraulein View Post
    The downhill is a joke but that is more because we won’t enforce the traction laws 24x7 from Oct 1 -
    May 1.

Tried to post but OzSkiers Insta of the Chevy Camaro with Washington Plates in the Collins lot on Friday night is a perfect example. I hope rather than spending $1.5B on a gondola we could hits a few folks to gatekeeper the mouth and prevent these touron aholes from driving up. We need more buses!!

i'm sure it could be gamed (not by a cameraro from washington) but some kind of automatic gate.

get your car certified off site. They give you a sticker with some kind rfid in it. You pull up to automated gate, it opens, drive through. No labor fees other than getting your car checked and certified. Maybe this rolls into DMV and they do it there. Works 24/7.

My dads gated community in florida has these stickers, they aren't complicated.

Quote Originally Posted by NBABUCKS1 View Post
    i'm sure it could be gamed (not by a cameraro from washington) but some kind of automatic gate.

get your car certified off site. They give you a sticker with some kind rfid in it. You pull up to automated gate, it opens, drive through. No labor fees other than getting your car checked and certified. Maybe this rolls into DMV and they do it there. Works 24/7.

My dads gated community in florida has these stickers, they aren't complicated.
    LPR (license plate recognition) cameras work for paid parking lots, automatic carwashes, gated communities etc. No need for RFID tags. Also easier to ticket unauthorized vehicles by mail

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

There is always going to be valet at The Cliff and Tram Deck for those without reservations. Also, I can see the Pond lot always charging a premium w/out reservation. But the comment about 500 cars traveling to Snowbird for ever 2 cars traveling to ALTA is ludicrous.

It's just something else for residents of LCC to complain about. .....Like the gondola
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

My kid got the full on DTM experience today and loved it, thanks Dan. Today was stellar again, the ride down was totally worth the squeeze.

Quote Originally Posted by crankplank View Post

I was getting kind of burnt out on snowbird but then she pulled me back in with an afternoon for the ages. I was milking it for all it was worth under mid gad until 430. Everything was so fast and soft, refilling on all aspects, wow. When it's like this, why ski anywhere else? My ass would be here every presidents day if I lived in California too.

Vis went to zero in the open and the place emptied out fast. That's when it got really good.
    Nice. I had to bail early again to let the dog out. 2:30 exit and it took 2 hours to get down. The number of slide off tracks would be hilarious if it wasn't so infuriating. Definitely still worth it though.

Quote Originally Posted by BobMc View Post
    My kid got the full on DTM experience today and loved it, thanks Dan. Today was stellar again, the ride down was totally worth the squeeze.
    Was super fun showing him around.

Quote Originally Posted by tBatt View Post
    Limiting parking on the road means no waiting an hour on the way up or down for everybody to pull U turns in the middle of the road, also means everyone isn't getting there at 7am just to find a parking spot.
    Do parking reservations mean the lot is 2/3 full at 11 am? Because I’ve seen that a lot at Alta. Plenty of parking except for the people that want to ski. I’d also doubt parking reservations at snowbird eliminate all roadside parking. Like someone else said, Alta is still at the end of the road and that won’t change.

There’s a lot of skiers skiing 2-3 hrs and bailing before 1pm. The reservations limit how many people can ski because a lot of people with a reservation either show up late or leave early. It’s a flawed system as is.

A 3rd lane would make a difference though. Especially if there was a lane for Alta and one for the bird until you hit white pine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Hit the crosscourt takeoff today, that's a good one! Thanks for the tip, I probably would not have thought to hit that side. There's more apron there than it looks and since you take off at an angle you're set up well to turn above the traverse.
    Awesome! And, exactly. Hopefully it's still an overlooked lil' cliff that rarely sees traffic.

well yeah today didn't suck

sorry to hear about your friend EWG, vibes++++

Sent from my Pixel 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    But the comment about 500 cars traveling to Snowbird for ever 2 cars traveling to ALTA is ludicrous.
    Idk, I think it might be a little high, but it isn't actually that crazy. I had a day earlier this year when I was stuck on the bypass road and it took 1.5 hrs for me to get from the bridge to the fire station. Like 100 yards! Every single snowbird car thinks they are a special snowflake and can uturn into traffic, merge out of the bypass road lot, merge out of the superior lot, the parking garage, the main lot, creekside, etc. etc.

There are plenty of days where you could leave from creekside and wildcat at the same time....and it would take 3+ hours longer from wildcat. When the red snake is bad, it is rare that I make it to the last snowbird merge and there are even any cars coming from snowbird. The main and creekside Snowbird lots are 100% cleared out.

I've just decided to protect my sanity and leave by 2 pm at the latest, or wait until after 7 pm. Or pull the "park at creekside, bus to Alta, and ski back to my car" strategy.

Sent from my SM-S918U using TGR Forums mobile app