Page 95 of 107 FirstFirst ... 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 ... LastLast
Results 2,351 to 2,375 of 2652
    Quote Originally Posted by jtran10 View Post
    this discussion is like coloradans discussing powder skiing
    Ouch. That hurts.

this discussion is like coloradans discussing powder skiing
    All time post ^^ here.

Quote Originally Posted by alev View Post
    I think it was spring 2018... the final closing weekend was three days of great corn. It had rained most of the the week leading up so alta was super smooth.
    By far the best corn I’ve ever skied in the wasatch. Alta was closed mid week, snowed Monday followed by rain and just sat there. That Friday was amazing, perfect lift served west coast style corn open to close and the place was empty.

Have any of you beaters been skiing the last few days? Cuz the corn at the bird has been fun, fast and smooth all the way to closing bell. Today was the softest but still really good. Not sure what more you want
    Hunting kicks ass.
    Chicks dig Labs.
    I'll keep my job, my money and my guns and you can keep the change.
    From my cold dead hands.

IMO resort corn is pretty reliable thanks to grooming and skier compaction. BC corn is much more fickle.

Wasatch 23/24 Stoke Thread: Red Snake Coverage coming at you live from tgapp's fartba

Snowbasin hosted the IOC today, sounds like snowbasin will be hosting events like the downhill and super g again if SLC gets the games…. Didn’t see the gm that said they’d never host the games there again in the news, but snowbasin’s president was stoked on the prospect

The bc corn in the wasatch may be fickle but I ski corn every year in Utah just like my friends in Colorado ski powder every year.

^^^ Cascade and Sierra ranges beg to differ. But again, talking corn in the wasatch is like talking about powder skiing in Colorado

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

I didn’t compare the wasatch to the sierra or the cascades, didn’t say we have the best corn skiing either …. Just said there’s corn to be harvested here, every year.

I also had a really good powder day in Colorado this season #kissyface

HELL YEaH! thu, at the Bird was pretty freaking fun! t shirt and baseball cap

Wasatch 23/24 Stoke Thread: Red Snake Coverage coming at you live from tgapp's fartba

My comment was posted at the same time as yours brutah and was regarding DTMs comment. Corn afficando here, just wish the wasatch skiers would learn to not ski the south faces when they’re total mank and ruin the snow surface.

I’m currently in Haines and the forecast looks very promising, snow next 2 days and good chance of sun after that. Stability is a little suspect as there was a full burial with SEABA yesterday, but hoping it all settles out in the next few days.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Long time no see mags. I haven't been following shit, but just curious what zones are likely to be still accessible if I came out there in ~2 weeks with skins? Mineral? Days? Just the upper sides from LCC?

Hope you fuckers all slayed this winter. Post some pics it's only fuckin april.

Quote Originally Posted by mall walker View Post
    Long time no see mags. I haven't been following shit, but just curious what zones are likely to be still accessible if I came out there in ~2 weeks with skins? Mineral? Days? Just the upper sides from LCC?

Hope you fuckers all slayed this winter. Post some pics it's only fuckin april.
    In 2 weeks there will still be like a 200” base in the upper Cottonwoods.

Quote Originally Posted by altacoup View Post
    ^^^ Cascade and Sierra ranges beg to differ. But again, talking corn in the wasatch is like talking about powder skiing in Colorado
    For sure, meant the 'satch specifically.

Snowbasin was skiing nice this morning. It turned the corner and got a bit too slow for my tastes around noon but a lot of good turns were had before that point.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaStoke View Post

Snowbasin was skiing nice this morning. It turned the corner and got a bit too slow for my tastes around noon but a lot of good turns were had before that point.
    shoulda said something we had a great tgr crowd

great to ski with a few mags

cool to see some big lines getting skied on mount ogden (tracks likely from earlier in the weeks(

Sent from my Pixel 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Anyone have a recent snag of the East Face of Lone? Thanks in advance if you do!

Quote Originally Posted by tgapp View Post
    shoulda said something we had a great tgr crowd

great to ski with a few mags
    I was dinking around with a novice friend yesterday. I had fun, but would probably have been boring to ski with yesterday.

It’s fun watching the next generation of the Wasatch come along. We met up with the youngest St Martin kid this morning, spun a few laps and then met up with a friend of his. We made a few laps and then the kid asks us if we know about the ski shop at the gravel pit. As I’m replying I know the owner the kid is telling us his Dad owns the shop. Pretty funny to have been riding with the son of a long time Solitude person.

Hugehairdog had fun watching DTM absolutely blow away from him. It’s been a fun year watching Dan take Brett under his wing, my kid is skiing pretty well this season and credits it all to Dan. Thanks man.

It's been so rad seeing how stoked to ski he's been this year!

good to ski with benneke10 and see his crew

all time spring skiing, nice to go hard bell to bell

Sent from my Pixel 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Pretty challenging out today. The foretasted 16 turned into about 2" of almost rain with firm bottom up top and soft bottom down low. Managed to have two hours worth of fun though.
    Looks like the forecast totally fell through, bummer. Probably just enough snow to turn what was close to corn into hot pow for a few days.
    The whole human race is de evolving; it is due to birth control, smart people use birth control, and stupid people keep pooping out more stupid babies.

Quote Originally Posted by Yukonrider View Post
    Pretty challenging out today. The foretasted 16 turned into about 2" of almost rain with firm bottom up top and soft bottom down low. Managed to have two hours worth of fun though.
    Looks like the forecast totally fell through, bummer. Probably just enough snow to turn what was close to corn into hot pow for a few days.
    Shot ya a pm. The notifier is jacked.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I saw yesterday miss the forecast but glad i went. Perfect spackle top to bottom, obv better up high. Tunnel yoyos were the move. Cirque t was open through diagonal chute then closed, never seen that before. Im guessing they were worried about skiers getting smoked by roller boulders?

Great 90 minutes. Just the cream today.

Sent from my CPH2417 using Tapatalk

Looks like Alta is still on the hunt for traffic solutions: https://www.alta.com/red-snake-lette...paign=14491091

A very long letter that discusses traffic mitigation solutions to three obvious and pressing problems in LCC. Other than a somewhat cursory mention of snow sheds, most of the blame placed on Snowbird (street parking, merging issues). Eliminating street parking and widening roads seems nice, but may not be realistic. The same goes for avoiding the bypass road and keeping Mainline open during peak hours. This probably has to do with man power and/or equipment issues. I don’t even know what to say about vehicles in the canyon that should not be there.

In the meantime, today, Alta was a pleasure. Fun snow throughout the morning. Full lot, but It did not appear to be crowded.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix