Page 12 of 77 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
    Hate to interrupt the bitchtickets spending bonanza, but heading up to the bird. Yellow jacket, greenish pants, grey boots.
    The whole human race is de evolving; it is due to birth control, smart people use birth control, and stupid people keep pooping out more stupid babies.

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post

I’m pretty sure I get unlimited bitch tickets since Buzz designated me the crusty old fuck of the Wasatch. I’ll double check with Tgapp.

Normally that’s my role. But you’re giving me a good run for my money.

Quote Originally Posted by Yukonrider View Post
    Hate to interrupt the bitchtickets spending bonanza, but heading up to the bird. Yellow jacket, greenish pants, grey boots.
    Please report back and there’s still time to bitch about parking or lift lines or coverage. I’m sure you can come up with something.

Enjoy that fresh air for us!

Quote Originally Posted by brutah View Post
    Please report back and there’s still time to bitch about parking or lift lines or coverage. I’m sure you can come up with something.

Enjoy that fresh air for us!
    There’s maybe 12 people up here and it’s fucking terrible. Can’t believe you put up with this bullshit.

It's soo bad. Right off the lift a snowboarder jumped my tails, and when I told him fuck you bud his friend told me to eat a dick.

Man I missed skiing!

Everyone here things they're a pro and it's a little reckless. 3 runs and I'm going to have to dig deep to go up for number 4.

Also they're blasting Christmas music on the tram deck.

I that counts as one ticket, or is that two?
    The whole human race is de evolving; it is due to birth control, smart people use birth control, and stupid people keep pooping out more stupid babies.

[Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20231125_124214.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	633.5 KB 
ID:	477848

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3061.JPG 
Views:	106 
Size:	232.5 KB 
ID:	477849

Here's two from last week, back to 1 ticket.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3058.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	1.35 MB 
ID:	477847  

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Put me in the skeptical camp, too. The only thing that will save the GSL is a legally-mandated minimum annual inflow and I fail to see how the Olympics could help make that happen. Improving air pollution realistically means replacing ICE vehicles with BEV or other zero-emission vehicles, which I also don't see how the Olympics could contribute to. The air pollution situation probably will have improved by 2034 regardless due to natural attrition of older, more polluting vehicles.
    Hey Dan, I know you know better than I do but I thought a big chunk of what's in the valley is from the refineries/industry, not just ICE vehicles. Also, wasn't it reported that US Mag is pumping out halogens that the EPA isn't testing for with the AQI monitors? Sorry if I mixed all this up but I will stand by my statement from last winter that the air quality hits my wife and I way harder than the AQI would indicate.

Quote Originally Posted by muted reborn View Post
    This isn't bitching, it's stating facts. SLC is going to look pretty damn good to millions of viewers, our downtown scene (and beyond) is a million times better than what it was in 2002, the myth of SLC being a Mormon stronghold will be done completely.
    Charles Barkley and Shaq would like a word.

Quote Originally Posted by ghosthop View Post
    Hey Dan, I know you know better than I do but I thought a big chunk of what's in the valley is from the refineries/industry, not just ICE vehicles. Also, wasn't it reported that US Mag is pumping out halogens that the EPA isn't testing for with the AQI monitors? Sorry if I mixed all this up but I will stand by my statement from last winter that the air quality hits my wife and I way harder than the AQI would indicate.
    UDEQ has historically reported that ~13% of PM2.5 emissions are from industrial point sources: https://deq.utah.gov/air-quality/und...hs-air-quality

They haven't updated that since the US Mag study came to light, but the estimate there was a 10-25% increase, so even on the high end the majority of PM2.5s still come from mobile and area sources that are difficult to control. Also, I don't have access to the full text of the US Mag study, but the figure in the abstract (https://pubs.acs.org/doi/full/10.1021/acs.est.2c05376) indicates that the 10-25% number is a relative change compared to baseline during inversion conditions (modeled, not empirically measured). So, I don't think it's necessarily correct to say that US Mag is responsible for 10-25% of PM2.5 emissions on an absolute basis, that it invalidates UDEQ's prior estimates for overall point source contributions (more so that US Mag is a much higher contributor relative to other industrial sources than was previously believed), or that PM2.5 emissions are being systematically undercounted. But, this is not my area of direct expertise and without the full text of the study it's hard to say definitively.

I had fun at the bird opener. There was some really nice snow out there to be found as well as really not nice snow. I even jumped off something (small). Not a lot of people there but not a lot of groomed places to put them.

Soup in the pot and Sundays sun dog for stoke

Sent from my CPH2417 using Tapatalk

I had fun too, all things considered. Some fun turns on Old Ladies and far left of Upper Emma. The single groomed way down got icey and bumpy but that’s what I expected. Feels good to go top to bottom though!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Basin crew checking in on opening day

Muted for first tracks down Mt. Ogden Chute, said it was the best he's ever gotten it in

Watched a troller almost eat shit after losing an edge on the WROD, that shit was so solid you could build an ice screw anchor in spots

In all sincerity, that sure beat not skiing

Sent from my Pixel 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Name:	Image1701380606.497706.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	1.19 MB 
ID:	477869Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1701380652.728577.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	961.0 KB 
ID:	477870

Stunner of a day for our first rip at Alta. Didn’t see a single snowboarder, and found enough powder stashed for the wife to learn how to ski in it. Can it get any better!

Someone said goldminers daughter pub is only for guests……am I getting locals only trolled?

the downstairs one is open to the public, there's an upstairs saloon too. RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Stuntmonkey View Post

Name:	Image1701380606.497706.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	1.19 MB 
ID:	477869Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1701380652.728577.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	961.0 KB 
ID:	477870

Someone said goldminers daughter pub is only for guests……am I getting locals only trolled?

Sucks, huh?! Was the best place for a late afternoon beer before others (PDog or SitzMark) opened. They did improve the lower GMD area with some more bar seating under the “solarium”, but just not the same. No fire place and can’t quite get the apres feel inside. When the weather’s right and the sun is on the patio - it rocks!

I ski until 3:30 then head to the PDog…

On a brighter note - forecast is calling for 2-3’ in LCC by Sunday!!

Quote Originally Posted by ski_the_fraulein View Post
    On a brighter note - forecast is calling for 2-3’ in LCC by Sunday!!

Yeah we were thinking about going to snow basin but if I have to drive somewhere and pack shit it removes from the relaxing vacation feeling lmao.

What’s up with all the telemark nerds?!? I’ve seen more today than ever before…..combined!!!

What’s up with all the telemark nerds?!? I’ve seen more today than ever before…..combined!!!
    it's become to easy to ski with normal equipment, people need a challenge.

Yeah we were thinking about going to snow basin but if I have to drive somewhere and pack shit it removes from the relaxing vacation feeling lmao.

Snow level coming up to 7k and rising by Sunday night. Get high stay high!

Did you end up staying up canyon?

I won't go to Asia for the winter olympics but I think I am going to try to see something for each of the next 3 and try to be close. Went to a hockey game in Turin when skiing at Serre Chevalier

Had been planning to get an airbnb in Tirano assuming the bobsled gets moved to St Moritz and just ski and catch an event or two.

France 2030 just be skiing near by and maybe drive for hockey and another event.

SLC do what I do on ski trips shitty motel west coast fast food ski in the day hockey at night.

Pretty sure the NHLPA will dig in and tell the owners to fuck off they want to play.

Quote Originally Posted by tgapp View Post

Sent from my Pixel 8 Pro using Tapatalk
    Great pic! I'll add some of my frameable pics too.

Here's TGapp reaching for his phone while skiing. The man is all business.

Name:	tg.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	1.54 MB 
ID:	477897

Here's a pic inspired by DJ's early season lift pics and all the east coast crew's mid season pics

Name:	dj.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	1.75 MB 
ID:	477898

There's at least 6" way on top up there!!

Name:	6%22.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	1.66 MB 
ID:	477899

Quote Originally Posted by NBABUCKS1 View Post
    it's become to easy to ski with normal equipment, people need a challenge.
    If you tele occasionally it’s great for early season.

More fun on wrod. But also thigh blasting.
    . . .

I love riding Tele for the opening weeks until it snows.

Did the jitter booter to a fresh greeley once and learned how much of a beat I really am. oops

Quote Originally Posted by tBatt View Post
    Snow level coming up to 7k and rising by Sunday night. Get high stay high!

Did you end up staying up canyon?
    Yes sir, at snowpine. Besides the limited menu items we are genuinely having a really relaxing time.

At bird today, can’t see shit, snowboarders everywhere scraping all the fresh into the sides. Probably call it quits by 2pm as it seems like nothing except tram to gad is open.

Snows coming tho!

come over to alta, getting better by the minute

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Yes sir, at snowpine. Besides the limited menu items we are genuinely having a really relaxing time.

At bird today, can’t see shit, snowboarders everywhere scraping all the fresh into the sides. Probably call it quits by 2pm as it seems like nothing except tram to gad is open.

Snows coming tho!
    If I see one more person bitch about snowboarders at snowbird in this thread I'm gonna start throwing snowballs and spraying beater skiers until they all stay at your little treehouse up canyon. Go to Alta or DV if boarders still bother you

Sent from my CPH2417 using Tapatalk