Check Out Our Shop
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10
    Pompon has been my favorite female racer for years. My wife teases me about mentionitis. I reply out that she’s the one who traded IG comments with Amaury.

I’m stoked to see her getting back to form too. I was gutted for her 2022 Snowshoe races. So was my wife. She didn’t warm up to Vali until she fell over running her victory lap around the finish area last season.

Quote Originally Posted by evasive_MT View Post
    I’m stoked to see her getting back to form too. I was gutted for her 2022 Snowshoe races. So was my wife. She didn’t warm up to Vali until she fell over running her victory lap around the finish area last season.
    Yeah, I've never quite gotten on team Vali. She always kinda came across as the female downhill racer version of Ivan Drago (which, I fully acknowledge, is an entirely unfair characterization).

But I'd be psyched for a competitive podium in the women's field. If Vali, Tahnee, Camille, Myriam, Marine, and Nina are all riding well and healthy, it makes for good racing.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

The time gap between 1st and 5th in mens and womens was virtually the same. The girls field has really filled in and lots of fast juniors will be joining them soon. Only top ten, or 15, for finals is criminal

Sent from my SM-S711W using TGR Forums mobile app

Vital league, new strategy. Buy cheap mediocre juniors because of low points for the investment even when they win. Stacked it heavy with chicks because all 10 will definitely get pointz. I've been on Team Vali since she was the OG YT grom before racing world cups.
    But I always lean away from Goliath, so haven't touched Loic or Vali all year. Fourth race in a row I'm betting big on Dak. At some point I'll need to tell him that this year is mostly my fault.
    However many are in a shit ton.

Quote Originally Posted by jm2e View Post
    Vital league, new strategy. Buy cheap mediocre juniors because of low points for the investment even when they win. Stacked it heavy with chicks because all 10 will definitely get pointz. I've been on Team Vali since she was the OG YT grom before racing world cups.
    I tried that strategy last week with pretty mediocre results. I'm light on juniors this week, heavier on elite men. But yeah, still mostly avoiding the high dollar riders.

Either way about it, I like the vital league that allows for more playing around with the team. And so far at least, the best strategy has proved more elusive than the pinkbike league, at least for me. Which makes it more interesting.

Elli whostheboss indeed. The junior wouldve won elite with her time

so stoked for Amaury in his return to the top step. When that guy is going at his fastest, it's a sight to behold.

Amaury’s post-race interview was hysterical. What a race. I was hoping Dak would hold on, though. And it was neat hearing Gwin root for Pompon as much as we were.

Random thought: imagine how much faster Max Alran will be when he can grow a full mustache.

Fuck. Conflicting emotions. Wanted Dak to win so bad, but Amaury's on my fantasy team(s).

Either way, awesome race. VDS always delivers.

Gwin still solid as a commentator.

Pierron's run was just mental.

Relieved Josh was commentating again.
    Super stoked (and gutted) for Dak.
    Amazing to see Amaury back doing what only he can do.
    Sooo gutted for Jess. She’s been on my team every round that she’s racing and I was sure this would be her day.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Let’s Get to Les Gets!!!

When i saw rain in the forecast i was considering the goat. Is he ready?? Sadly i decided itd be too risky this early in his recovery.
    Everyone prob had Amaury on their team. What a legend! One for the ages today. Arguably the best. Certainly the best back to back races ever

Pierron. Holy shit.
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow, flying through the air

Quote Originally Posted by beaterdit View Post
    Pierron. Holy shit.
    Right? That's 2 races in a row that're on historic levels. That one's right up there with Danny Hart for best rain ride. Just needed Rob Warner yelling to put it over the top.

Yep. Six second margins twice in a row with the rest of the pack stacked pretty close behind. Wild.
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow, flying through the air

Stoked for Eleonora.
    Bummed the juniors got the rug pulled out again.
    Amaury is a Jedi.

I was so hyped to see Dak, too bad he had those mistakes. AP just on another level… again.

www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Inspired riding by Pierron.