Check Out Our Shop
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
Results 201 to 225 of 244
  1. #201
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    slc
    Posts
    18,208
    Hardline did not disappoint. Great racing.

  2. #202
    Join Date
    Mar 2022
    Posts
    947
    I think the fact that the Brayton went out first and set such a fast time made the finale far more exciting.

    The early riders are trying their hardest to keep up, but their splits keep coming in deeply red and you rarely see anyone upsetting the podium.

    Then you get down to the final few riders--the fastest qualifiers--and finally people start coming through with faster splits. Everyone's pumped, the announcers are loving it, the riders *look* fast AF, and each one is faster than the last.

  3. #203
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Treading Water
    Posts
    6,814
    Dunne!!!!


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    However many are in a shit ton.

  4. #204
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Hell Track
    Posts
    14,112
    This year felt like some of the better actual racing at a hardline.

    It also seems like it's turning into the new retiree racing series where all the older downhill guys go. That used to be enduro, but then enduro got really fast. Then it kinda looked like it was gonna be e-enduro, but most of them aren't willing to stoop that low. Hardline is a great venue for those guys - makes for good racing because those guys are still pretty fast, keeps their sponsors happy, and it means you get a deeper field even though most of the current world cup contenders won't attend (dunne and kerr excepted) because it's too dangerous.

    Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

  5. #205
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Carbondale
    Posts
    12,550
    Get them picks in. Vital is open and Pinkbike league is still open.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

  6. #206
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Treading Water
    Posts
    6,814
    Pinkbike league in unfunner for me


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    However many are in a shit ton.

  7. #207
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Hell Track
    Posts
    14,112
    I like the pinkbike league. Vital ends up with way too big of a team, and not picking until after semis kinda takes a lot of the challenge out of it.

    Sure, some of pinkbike's pricing is way off, but the basic premise of how they run their league is better, I think.

    On that note, apologies to Cami Balanche for being on my team. I'm guessing that's why she crashed hard in both qualis and semis.

    Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

  8. #208
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Treading Water
    Posts
    6,814
    Well that was a race. I don't know who the Kiwi was commenting with Gwinner, but I'm loving him compared with Rick. Fuck, that was refreshing. It's like he's actually a fan of downhill, and actually has something to say, and when he gets excited about something it's not forced.
    However many are in a shit ton.

  9. #209
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Hell Track
    Posts
    14,112
    Quote Originally Posted by jm2e View Post
    Well that was a race. I don't know who the Kiwi was commenting with Gwinner, but I'm loving him compared with Rick. Fuck, that was refreshing. It's like he's actually a fan of downhill, and actually has something to say, and when he gets excited about something it's not forced.
    Pretty sure it was Josh Carlson (former EWS racer). And yeah, commentary was solid. Hopefully WB can keep that up.

    Good race over all. Was psyched that finn did well but bummed that he didn't take the win. Bruni is a freak.

    Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

  10. #210
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    bestcoast
    Posts
    2,135
    Yeah Josh made Ric seem like an illiterate layman with no biking experience...lol

    I know Josh, solid dude and hope he gets more time in the booth. Few little things to work on, like overtalking the other commentators, but his knowledge about what the riders are doing and picking up the little nuance and mistakes they're making and explaining it to the listener is really good. And his excitement levels are right up there.

  11. #211
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Hell Track
    Posts
    14,112
    Damn dude. That's actually kinda impressive.



    Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

  12. #212
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Posts
    16,957
    Ooops. Forgot to update my team again before the race yesterday. I am the worst at Fantasy lol.

  13. #213
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Treading Water
    Posts
    6,814
    Just about the only good call I made last week was Erice. The Jinx is strong with me.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    However many are in a shit ton.

  14. #214
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    The Fish
    Posts
    4,777
    Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    Damn dude. That's actually kinda impressive.



    Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk
    hah, I know. I thought it was a glitch at first but realized I didn't get my team updated in time… not a fan of the new system as it sits. I'm sure it will improve but the values need adjusting.

    Very hard to care at this point.
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

    Formerly Rludes025

  15. #215
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Posts
    16,957

  16. #216
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    The Fish
    Posts
    4,777
    Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    Damn dude. That's actually kinda impressive.



    Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk
    I didn't get my team updated in time… not a fan of the new system as it sits. I'm sure it will improve but the values need adjusting.
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

    Formerly Rludes025

  17. #217
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Treading Water
    Posts
    6,814
    Quote Originally Posted by Eluder View Post
    hah, I know. I thought it was a glitch at first but realized I didn't get my team updated in time… not a fan of the new system as it sits. I'm sure it will improve but the values need adjusting.

    Very hard to care at this point.
    Gotta get you back to that Ft Bill level of dominance you showed.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    However many are in a shit ton.

  18. #218
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    1,069
    We watched Not Done Yet last night. Three thoughts:

    1. The filmmakers got an impressive number of interviews for it.

    2. I was surprised by how candid it was. Some people were pretty blunt in spots.

    3. Ric did a much better job in the film than in the commentary booth.

  19. #219
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Posts
    16,957
    The commentating is a tough job. I mean how many times and in how many ways can you say, "It's slippery" or "There are still rocks in that rut".

    Gwin is doing really well and I like Josh.

    Wyn, next in line when he finally retires?

  20. #220
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Hell Track
    Posts
    14,112
    If it stays wet, Val di Sole is gonna produce some mayhem. Always enjoy this track.

    Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

  21. #221
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    NorCal coast
    Posts
    2,052
    I feel like I should be picking more Irish/Scottish/English for Fantasy for this.

  22. #222
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Carbondale
    Posts
    12,550
    Dakota was saying they were supposed to get ridiculous amounts of rain.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

  23. #223
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Carbondale
    Posts
    12,550
    BK is out for the weekend... he just posted a bit a go he slid out and hit his head on a rock.
    https://www.instagram.com/reel/C8KsL...RlODBiNWFlZA==
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

  24. #224
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    1,069
    This promises to be a great race. Stoked to see Amaury back to pace.

  25. #225
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Hell Track
    Posts
    14,112
    Quote Originally Posted by evasive_MT View Post
    This promises to be a great race. Stoked to see Amaury back to pace.
    Definitely. Myriam too. Finn seemed super excited about the conditions in some clips I saw from him, so hopefully that means it'll be prime racing and not just a sloppy test of survival.

    Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •