Page 95 of 128 FirstFirst ... 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 ... LastLast
Results 2,351 to 2,375 of 3187
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    It's got to be frustrating for all the Muslim suicide bombers hanging out in Hell with Begin talking about the lack of virgins.

Where's kindly Uncle Ho in all this? He fought colonialism too you know...

Quote Originally Posted by ex-powderbroker View Post
    RUHROH, get your speculation engines running again

https://x.com/griptmedia/status/1727...813792310?s=20
    Most of the media is tip-toeing around the nationality of the 50 year old guy who did the stabbing, instead focusing on the riots and the attacks on the police. This Newsweek (right wing rag???) article says the guy was originally Algerian.

https://www.newsweek.com/ireland-dub...-garda-1846599

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0181.jpeg 
Views:	58 
Size:	913.9 KB 
ID:	477264

Want taller, better heel risers for your Marker Alpinists? Check this out

28.5 TransAlp Pro boots for sale.

I thought that was a pretty good Dall-E image, but Google says it's real. Is it a problem that I can't tell what's parody and what's real anymore?

Fox News is always bringing the hard hitting interviews

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "They don't think it be like it is, but it do."

Quote Originally Posted by Cisco Kid View Post
    Cool op ed. Happy Thanksgiving.
    Glad you enjoyed. Happy TG!
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

I'm geta little pissed off and rather sickened by the media showing pictures of happy family reunions of terrorists released from Israeli jails. That's somehow equivalent to the kidnapping victims that were released??? Seriously??? Convicted terrorists are the same???

50 years to the day

stupidity is humanity’s only renewable resource.

this sucks:

https://www.cnn.com/2023/11/26/us/pa...ont/index.html
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    I'm geta little pissed off and rather sickened by the media showing pictures of happy family reunions of terrorists released from Israeli jails. That's somehow equivalent to the kidnapping victims that were released??? Seriously??? Convicted terrorists are the same???

The Palestinians will give them cash bounties and the UN will award them a stipend and send them to electronics school in Italy.

Quote Originally Posted by highangle View Post
    The Palestinians will give them cash bounties and the UN will award them a stipend and send them to electronics school in Italy.
    Why would you post this shit? Unnecessary.

Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    Why would you post this shit? Unnecessary.

Why else would the Palestinians want a bunch of fucking murdering terrorists back?

Well Hamas does literally pay terrorists for killing Jews...

I'm talking about the UN comment. If true, instead of trashing the UN, we should be working on reforming it. The idea of the UN is something we need now more than ever.

The UN is and has been mostly a joke.

The idea that you could give permanent UNSC seats to CCP and USSR/Russia, equal voting for each bloody totalitarian/theocratic dictatorship as each liberal democracy in the UNGA, and have human rights councils with the worst violators as voting members and rotating chairs?

You can try to reform it, but it will never be worth a damn any more than the League of Nations was.

We shouldn't be surprised that the UN funds go to pay terrorist stipends and radicalizing hate curriculums for Palestinian students.

GMAFB

Fuck the useless UN. When the UN is useful it is because of a particular member state or group of member states taking individual initiative.

I'm sorry to piss on your High Holy UN R4, but the UN is a huge part of the bullshit factory that props up Palestine.

I believe in the concept and mission of the UN as originally envisioned. With tweaks for the modern reality. The world needs such a body. And as; imperfect as it is, now is not the time to tear it down completely. Highanger's statements reflect and feed the narrative of isolationist and totalitarian nationalist elements in our own country and other countries. I will admit and agree that I never understood in practice the USSR/Russian and Communist China permanent seats with veto power on the security council.

I'm sorry to piss on your High Holy UN R4, but the UN is a huge part of the bullshit factory that props up Palestine.
    Palestine or Hamas? I m all for a two state solution with Palestine as a separate country and will never be on board with Israel pushing the Palestinians into the sea, just as I am not in favor of the reverse.

The UN has never matched its concept. EVER. Only the initiative of individual member states or coalitions have done anything close.

It is the joke that the League of Nations was.

The League was a joke the moment it was created in 1920.

Nuclear weapons, NATO, and the US kept the peace after 1945, not the UN.

The UN is a parody of a nice idea. About the only decent thing the UN did was partition the British Mandate, except they fucked that up and it turned into an immediate war that the UN then did nothing about, starting the trend that the UN was a fucking joke. This thread is the culmination of that fucking "joke" that is the UN.

The UN "police action" in Korea in 1950? Well again, the action of coalitions of member states.

Fuck the UN.

Dreams of a functional UN are nice though naïve. I enjoy stories about it in future scifi.

Global government amongst nation states going to be a fucking joke when it is a loose and weak confederacy and nobody is ever going to give it more power when totalitarian and theocratic states have the same rights.

Quote Originally Posted by summit View Post
    The UN is and has been mostly a joke.

The idea that you could give permanent UNSC seats to CCP and USSR/Russia, equal voting for each bloody totalitarian/theocratic dictatorship as each liberal democracy in the UNGA, and have human rights councils with the worst violators as voting members and rotating chairs?

You can try to reform it, but it will never be worth a damn any more than the League of Nations was.

We shouldn't be surprised that the UN funds go to pay terrorist stipends and radicalizing hate curriculums for Palestinian students.

GMAFB

Fuck the useless UN. When the UN is useful it is because of a particular member state or group of member states taking individual initiative.
    While I agree with both of you on the efficacy of the UN, I find the irony here amusing. Were it not for a League of Nations Mandate and a UN Resolution there is little chance Israel would exist in it's current form today. But when they are "propping up" your favored group they're not totally useless I suppose.
    "They don't think it be like it is, but it do."

Maybe, maybe not.

Someone would have had to do something about the issue of Jewish villages and Arab villages in the "holy land." Probably would have looked fairly similar...

Frankly the UN was just a nice excuse for the UK to get some legitimatization of an "OK your problem now" maneuver as the moved through decolonization (in the traditional meaning).

Again, the UN fucked it up HARD.

And we have this thread to prove it.

Wonder what would have happened if the UN had said "and the partition will be enforced by a UN peacekeeping force!" Shenanigans most likely... but there was no will for that because the UN is not a force but a feckless collection of squabbling national entities, so the Arabs declared war and invaded and 75 years later here we are. Go UN! Go UN! Go UN! Peace peace peace!

The UN is a great idea that doesn't and won't work.

UN eradicated smallpox and saved the ozone layer. So it’s got that going for it, which is nice.

Remember when conservatards thought the UN was some sort of incredibly powerful force, replete with black helicopters?
    Want taller, better heel risers for your Marker Alpinists? Check this out

28.5 TransAlp Pro boots for sale.

No.

WHO was the organization that lead the smallpox elimination effort, not the UN. And it was not by some global government mandate. I'm all for collaborative transnational public health efforts, as long as they aren't covering up for the CCP. And guess who funded the WHO efforts to eradicate smallpox???

Ozone layer saved? NOT THE UN. The US discovered the problem. The US, Canada and Norway led the way in banning CFCs once the problem was known.

Fuck the UN.

The ozone hole disappearing is false. We reduced the severity but it's not gone.

My kid took Amtrak home for T-giving and when she was heading back yesterday she ended up having to sit in the dining car the whole way because every other car had groups of students rallying the free Palestine bullshit making her feel quite unwelcome. She stayed close to where there was security that she could see. Is it going to be this way for a while? Will Jews be made to feel that they don't belong? Fuck...

^that is horrible gravity

ceasefire extended 2 days

USS Mason thwarts a Houthi (Iranian proxy) hijacking of a cargo vessel, runs down the hijackers, and captures them. The Houthis respond by firing two ballistic missiles at the destroyer, which did jack and shit missing by 10nm. Houthis are still fired more missiles at Saudi Arabia and last week attacked USS Thomas Hudner with drones, which it intercepted.

US forces in the region have been attacked by Iranian proxy forces 67 times in the last 6 weeks.

Fuck Iran. Someone should stomp them a new mudhole...