Check Out Our Shop
Page 165 of 170 FirstFirst ... 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 LastLast
Results 4,101 to 4,125 of 4230
  1. #4101
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    sandy, sl,ut
    Posts
    9,719
    Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    Speed. The movie was speed. Sandra Bullock at her prime.
    Knew it was Keanua. I can hear it in his voice.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

    "I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

    Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.

  2. #4102
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    I can still smell Poutine.
    Posts
    25,238
    Quote Originally Posted by summit View Post
    "Hamas has decided to prolong the war that they started" -Blinken (paraphrased but just barely, and accurate)
    Fuck those fucking fuckers.

  3. #4103
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Squaw valley
    Posts
    4,751
    G7 will discuss Russia and Gaza.

    Us, Canada, Germany, France, uk, Italy and Japan.

    No wonder the rest of the world looks at g7 as illegitimate.

    Italy and not China? Or Brazil? And Canada?

    Italy and Canada are inconsequential in today's world.

    Sent from my moto g 5G using Tapatalk

  4. #4104
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    907
    Posts
    16,017
    What's it to you?

  5. #4105
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    sandy, sl,ut
    Posts
    9,719
    Quote Originally Posted by rod9301 View Post
    G7 will discuss Russia and Gaza.

    Us, Canada, Germany, France, uk, Italy and Japan.

    No wonder the rest of the world looks at g7 as illegitimate.

    Italy and not China? Or Brazil? And Canada?

    Italy and Canada are inconsequential in today's world.

    Sent from my moto g 5G using Tapatalk
    you're arguing that a country that is actively perpetrating a genocide against the uighers, deserves a seat at the table to discuss the ethics of israel perpetuating a genocide against the palestinians?

    I mean at least they have some direct experience with the subject matter.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

    "I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

    Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.

  6. #4106
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Edge of the Great Basin
    Posts
    5,858
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    Find one single example. You're just making shit up. I have never been quoted as saying anything like that you dumb cunt.
    Leroy, don't just make the resolution. Google some clock tower locations for your 'checks and balances' right now:

    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins
    Ahh no its more just that I don't devalue certain parts of our system of checks and balances because of a political agenda to get off on my smug condescension of those I view as different than me.

    Its definitly not a fantasy, I'm a peace and love kind of guy for sure, but civilian gun ownership is part of our system of checks an balences. If a few armed radicals from the left or right decide to be insurgent, they'll get crushed. If its half the population and a signifigant portion of the military, well then, they're probably on the right side of history anyways, and I do view that as part of our system of checks and balecnes.
    And congratulation, Leroy! For saying something exactly 'like that' you've been named the world's biggest cockroach. This award is given in recognition of your unparalleled lack of decency and humanity. Bravo! You're gonna die friendless and alone.

  7. #4107
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Squaw valley
    Posts
    4,751
    Quote Originally Posted by highangle View Post
    What's it to you?
    It's just annoying. And except for the token non white nation, i can see how it makes many other countries feel put down.

    Sent from my moto g 5G using Tapatalk

  8. #4108
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Edge of the Great Basin
    Posts
    5,858
    Anti-Israel states don't want a peace deal, Rod. They want mass murder instead. All the other haters of Israel will learn nothing from the eventual defeat of Hamas in Gaza. That's because the end goal for anti-Israel nations has long been the abolition of the Israeli state and the establishment of a Palestinian state “from the river to the sea.” When Hamas loses its war, the anti-Israel crowd will cry about inflicted victimization at the hands of Israel and the G7.

  9. #4109
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    sandy, sl,ut
    Posts
    9,719
    Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    Leroy, don't just make the resolution. Google some clock tower locations for your 'checks and balances' right now:



    And congratulation, Leroy! For saying something exactly 'like that' you've been named the world's biggest cockroach. This award is given in recognition of your unparalleled lack of decency and humanity. Bravo! You're gonna die friendless and alone.
    Lol,. so how is this fantasizing about violence?


    Because you make a strawman out of it?:


    Yea, I'll stick by this, if 80% of a country decides to rise up against their government, pretty sure they have a good reason. If its like a few yahoos, then likely they are just some fucking nutjobs. It has nothing to do with clock towers you fucking nutcase.

    This isn't fantasizing about violence at all. Nothing close. Its like a million times tamer than the bloodthirst you guys display every day. Theres nothing fantasizing about it at all, theres no bloodthirst at all its just an objective discussion about how checks and balances work.

    And thats all you've got. In my entire time here, thats the closest you can get to me ever advocating any violence against anyone.

    You are far far worse.

    I hope you wasted a ton of time finding that.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

    "I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

    Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.

  10. #4110
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    sandy, sl,ut
    Posts
    9,719
    Quote Originally Posted by rod9301 View Post
    It's just annoying. And except for the token non white nation, i can see how it makes many other countries feel put down.

    Sent from my moto g 5G using Tapatalk
    yea, god forbid china feel put down while they're actively perpetrating a genocide. You serious?
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

    "I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

    Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.

  11. #4111
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    4,110
    Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    When Hamas loses its war, the anti-Israel crowd will cry about inflicted victimization at the hands of Israel and the G7.
    How does hamas lose this war, short of a full takeover of gaza, and removal of all palestinians from gaza? And even then, is that really hamas losing, or is that them winning in many ways? Everytime israel whacks 2 hamas moles (and kills 2+civilians), 1 more hamas pops up somewhere else, and 2 gazan civilians start supporting hamas as revenge for their killed civilian family members.


    the only way i see hamas truly losing is if the palestinian people turn against hamas... and with Israels current strategy i dont see that happening. I think more focus needs to be on the propoganda war, and doing whatever can be done to foment and foster whatever anti-hamas sentiment there is in gaza.

  12. #4112
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Squaw valley
    Posts
    4,751
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    yea, god forbid china feel put down while they're actively perpetrating a genocide. You serious?
    It's simply because China is a very large country and for better or worse we have to deal with it.

    Sent from my moto g 5G using Tapatalk

  13. #4113
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    sandy, sl,ut
    Posts
    9,719
    Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    How does hamas lose this war, short of a full takeover of gaza, and removal of all palestinians from gaza? And even then, is that really hamas losing, or is that them winning in many ways? Everytime israel whacks 2 hamas moles (and kills 2+civilians), 1 more hamas pops up somewhere else, and 2 gazan civilians start supporting hamas as revenge for their killed civilian family members.


    the only way i see hamas truly losing is if the palestinian people turn against hamas... and with Israels current strategy i dont see that happening. I think more focus needs to be on the propoganda war, and doing whatever can be done to foment and foster whatever anti-hamas sentiment there is in gaza.
    Hamas would lose if Palestine became an acutal state with someone other than terrorists in charge. perhaps democratic elections.

    it might not be actually possible at this juncture, but the fact none of you can even conceive ofit as a theoretical possibility is telling, especially when its really the most obvious solution in an ideal world.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

    "I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

    Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.

  14. #4114
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    SF & the Ho
    Posts
    9,766

    50 years to the day

    Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    How does hamas lose this war, short of a full takeover of gaza, and removal of all palestinians from gaza? And even then, is that really hamas losing, or is that them winning in many ways? Everytime israel whacks 2 hamas moles (and kills 2+civilians), 1 more hamas pops up somewhere else, and 2 gazan civilians start supporting hamas as revenge for their killed civilian family members.


    the only way i see hamas truly losing is if the palestinian people turn against hamas... and with Israels current strategy i dont see that happening. I think more focus needs to be on the propoganda war, and doing whatever can be done to foment and foster whatever anti-hamas sentiment there is in gaza.
    All that. Hamas ain’t goin anywhere. And remember when we eliminated the Ba’ath party and all the unintended consequences there. The rubble bouncing strategy is self defeating and myopic. Hamas isn’t any kind of existential threat to Israeli and won’t be for the foreseeable future so work on hearts and minds in stress perpetuating the recruiting cycle

  15. #4115
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    sandy, sl,ut
    Posts
    9,719
    Quote Originally Posted by rod9301 View Post
    It's simply because China is a very large country and for better or worse we have to deal with it.

    Sent from my moto g 5G using Tapatalk
    They should have to stop doing a genocide if they want a seat at the table. You'd have a point if they weren't doing a genocide. Not sure why you wouldn't even mention that genocide in your reply when it was a central part of my point. Seems sus.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

    "I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

    Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.

  16. #4116
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    4,110
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    Hamas would lose if Palestine became an acutal state with someone other than terrorists in charge. perhaps democratic elections.

    but the fact none of you can even conceive ofit as a theoretical possibility is telling, especially when its really the most obvious solution in an ideal world.

    You literally replied to the post of mine describing, in essence, this outcome/possibility.

  17. #4117
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    sandy, sl,ut
    Posts
    9,719
    Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    All that. Hamas ain’t goin anywhere. And remember when we eliminated the Ba’ath party and all the unintended consequences there. The rubble bouncing strategy is self defeating and myopic. Hamas isn’t any kind of existential threat to Israeli and won’t be for the foreseeable future so work on hearts and minds in stress perpetuating the recruiting cycle
    Yea, this is exactly the reason they justify the genocide though. They start at the same point you do, hamas isn't going anywhere, but then just say yes to the unless we kill them all part. thats what this is.

    You're displaying rational thought. Doing a genocide is only an apparently rational thought to a highly irrational brain. They do not feel like palestinians have a right to exist. They feel like the very existence is an existential threat to them.

    Its the same kind of 'logic' that hitler used. He really thought jews and other nations were this existential threat to germany. So he started a war he could never win which destroyed his country and regime to combat existential threat that was never real.

    If this seems like hyperbole to anyone reading this, well, this is why Thats why you keep seeing pro israli propaganda saying how israel has a right to exist, when no one is disputing that in the public discourse, and any fool can tell there no way hamas destroys israel.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

    "I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

    Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.

  18. #4118
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    9,300ft
    Posts
    22,163
    There's ways for Hamas to lose, but not many for Israel to really win.

    Israel would love to get Yahya Sinwar, but they can't get Ismail Haniyeh over in Qatar.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

  19. #4119
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    I can still smell Poutine.
    Posts
    25,238
    Quote Originally Posted by summit View Post
    There's ways for Hamas to lose, but not many for Israel to really win.
    That's the shitty part of all of this.

  20. #4120
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Edge of the Great Basin
    Posts
    5,858
    Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    All that. Hamas ain’t goin anywhere. And remember when we eliminated the Ba’ath party and all the unintended consequences there. The rubble bouncing strategy is self defeating and myopic. Hamas isn’t any kind of existential threat to Israeli and won’t be for the foreseeable future so work on hearts and minds in stress perpetuating the recruiting cycle
    The recruiting cycle talking point is nonsense. Recruiting comes from the Nakba mythology. That's why Hamas is an existential threat because the Palestinian identity is tied to the destruction of Israel. Hamas supporters in America are living in a post-History reality while Hamas exists in an ethnic tribal real History.

    De-Ba'athification is an example of real history. People experienced Iraq's 'reality' through the news and the internet only after the Iraq invasion. The reality however is the the Ba’ath party was already at war with the Kurds and Shia Arabs. The Ba’ath party's decade long Iran–Iraq War had already caused more than a million violent deaths.

  21. #4121
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Edge of the Great Basin
    Posts
    5,858
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    Yea, this is exactly the reason they justify the genocide though.

    If this seems like hyperbole to anyone reading this, well, this is why Thats why you keep seeing pro israli propaganda saying how israel has a right to exist, when no one is disputing that in the public discourse, and any fool can tell there no way hamas destroys israel.
    Two lies on repeat. The first lie, Israel has facilitated more than a billion tons of aid for Palestinians and Israel has also implemented more precautions to prevent civilian casualties than any other military in history.

    The second lie. There is an enormous gap between what Westerners think the Palestinian cause is and what Palestinians think the Palestinian cause is. Hezbollah, Hamas, Islamic Jihad, and the majority of Palestinians want to see the complete destruction of Israel.


    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    Lol,. so how is this fantasizing about violence?

    Because you make a strawman out of it?
    Leroy is right, it's more than fantasy and not a strawman, Armed conflict in America is in his mind a reality.

  22. #4122
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    SF & the Ho
    Posts
    9,766

    50 years to the day

    You’ve been drinking way too much from the Israeli propaganda fountain if you believe that. Iran isn’t even an existential threat to Israeli, let alone their proxies. Get the fuck out w that dumb take. Hamas launched a terrorist attack on 10/7 because Israeli was being stupid w their security and defenses. Should have never gotten anywhere close to success but Israeli lost the thread just like we did prior to 911. But when it was over, it was a terrorist attack not the start of some invasion.

    You’re also hi if you don’t think there is any legitimacy to the Nakba. Palestinian identity is tied to property that was owned by people living there that lost their stuff because Israeli was created as a state - but that’s not the point. Currently, Israel is still bouncing rubble with no discernible reason or long term plan

  23. #4123
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Edge of the Great Basin
    Posts
    5,858
    Israel has been under nightly missile attack from Hezbollah since 10/7. More than a 100,000 northern Israelis are currently displaced. Your take is objectively Pro-Hamas. It's holding Israel to military standards that even our own military is not beholden to. It's allowing Israel some self-defense, but not enough to eliminate their enemy, an existential threat.

    Hamas is more than just a terrorist organization. They are the elected government of Gaza and control its institutions. They also controlled a 40K strong army. Any deaths of Israeli civilians is tragic. Any deaths of Gazan civilians is also tragic. Do you know who's to blame for both? Hamas. The monsters who opened this war on October 7.

    Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    You’re also hi if you don’t think there is any legitimacy to the Nakba. Palestinian identity is tied to property that was owned by people living there that lost their stuff because Israeli was created as a state - but that’s not the point. Currently, Israel is still bouncing rubble with no discernible reason or long term plan
    The Nakba myth is a retelling of a military loss. If the Arabs at the time hadn't chosen to wage war against Israel then they could have lived peacefully on their land alongside the Jews.

  24. #4124
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    4,110
    Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    the majority of Palestinians want to see the complete destruction of Israel.
    IDK how true this is, but lets accept it as fact. Does this fact justify violence against the majority of Palestinians? Wishing the destruction of another nation is pretty common in this world- I think it would be pretty easy to argue that the majority of Israelis want to see the complete destruction of the "nation" of Palestine. Does that mean Israeli civilians aren't innocent victims now?


    Israel has implemented more precautions to prevent civilian casualties than ever done before. BUT, their civilian casualty - to - strategic results ratio is really bad. When examining if the juice was worth the squeeze it seems Israel is squeezing REALLY fucking hard and hasnt been getting much juice at all for months now despite continuing to squeeze.


    Hamas is the problem, we should all agree on that. But israel cant solve that problem on their own- they need the palestinian people to help. And they arent going to get that help if they continue down the path they have so far.

  25. #4125
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Edge of the Great Basin
    Posts
    5,858
    It is objectively true. The majority of Palestinians want to see the complete destruction of Israel. Israel withdrew completely from Gaza in 2006. After that, Gazans elected Hamas. There was even a ceasefire in Gaza until October 7th. The absence of a painful response after October 7 would have encouraged Israel's enemies in the region to join Hamas' campaign.

    And no, it does not justify violence against the majority of Palestinians. 'Collective Punishment' is legal term. It means punishment imposed on a group for actions committed by somebody else. The canonical example is when axis armies would round up everyone in a village and execute them for actions taken by the resistance.

    It is not the same thing as an army striking adversaries under typical acts of war even though people conflate to two conceptually. A person can debate whether blowing up a building housing terrorists or with tunnel underneath is collective punishment, but that begs the question whether any military action is so called punishment and why normal acts of war undertaken by other countries aren't labelled collective punishment.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •