Page 101 of 128 FirstFirst ... 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,525 of 3186
    “Russia is our greatest friend.“

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...stages-israel/
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Rasputin is online now Полые тростник на ветру
    Quote Originally Posted by ex-powderbroker View Post
    “Russia is our greatest friend.“

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...stages-israel/
    Kinda like the MAGAs think Trump is their greatest friend.
    I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. -אלוהים אדירים

Iran is playing reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeallly hard with escalatory fire... Iranian controlled Houthis attacked 4 multiple merchant vessels, hitting 3 with missiles, and a US warship, USS Carney, with drones, which were shot down. Despite the 3 missile hits, damage to the merchies was minor and no casualties per CENTCOM presser. Meanwhile an Iranian drone overflew USS Eisenhower. We should have shot that down, but chose not to.

Maaaaaaybe Iran forgot what happened after they managed to get a lucky mine hit on USS Samuel B. Roberts. Spoiler alert, we sank most of the Iranian Navy in <10 hours.

I think we should preview them on consequences to reestablish deterrence. I think a few dozen TLAMs into Yemen to strike ballistic missile/drone depots and C3I, and a few dozen more into Iran itself targeting the drone and missile factories. THAT would send a message to back the fuck off. It would safeguard civilian shipping. It would probably help Ukraine too, not to mention Saudi Arabia and to a lesser extent Israel.
    Last edited by summit; 12-03-2023 at 04:35 PM. Reason: update based on CENTCOM presser
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Even ABC says someone is gonna get blowed up over this.

US Forces preemptively strike Iran-proxy "militia" in Iraq

A U.S. air strike killed five Iraqi militants near the northern city of Kirkuk as they prepared to launch explosive projectiles at U.S. forces in the country, three Iraqi security sources said, identifying them as members of an Iran-backed militia.

A U.S. military official confirmed a "self-defense strike on an imminent threat" that targeted a drone staging site near Kirkuk on Sunday afternoon.

A statement by the Islamic Resistance in Iraq, an umbrella group representing several Iraqi armed factions with close ties to Tehran, said five of its members had been killed, and vowed retaliation against U.S. forces.

The group had claimed several attacks against U.S. forces throughout Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    While I do not at all like Israel's hard right and their human rights record, Hamas can choke to death on a green donkey dick. Hamas's record is far worse.
    That doesn't mean Israel gets a pass. Oct 7th has moved my sympathies more towards Israel. But not towards Bibi and his allies and the settler activity in the West Bank.

"At the moment, I'm thinking that the Manson Family might deserve less of my sympathy than Sharon Tate and her unborn child. But that doesn't mean that Roman Polanski gets a pass for making those young girls rich. I think it's absolutely despicable what he did! Nastasia Kijnisky or whatever her name was with the snake in the 80s?
    And Jay Sebring? What's up with that? He sure spent a lot of time around Sharon, don't you think? Weirdsville!!

And don't even bring in Abagail Folgers, the coffee heiress bitch. At least Squeaky Fromme never put anyone out of work!..."

Quote Originally Posted by highangle View Post
    "At the moment, I'm thinking that the Manson Family might deserve less of my sympathy than Sharon Tate and her unborn child. But that doesn't mean that Roman Polanski gets a pass for making those young girls rich. I think it's absolutely despicable what he did! Nastasia Kijnisky or whatever her name was with the snake in the 80s?
    And Jay Sebring? What's up with that? He sure spent a lot of time around Sharon, don't you think? Weirdsville!!

And don't even bring in Abagail Folgers, the coffee heiress bitch. At least Squeaky Fromme never put anyone out of work!..."
    You do you, bud.

Quote Originally Posted by summit View Post
    Maaaaaaybe Iran forgot what happened after they managed to get a lucky mine hit on USS Samuel B. Roberts. Spoiler alert, we sank most of the Iranian Navy in <10 hours.
    Sometimes we need to get extra proportional in our response. So extra proportional that a soviet naval destroyer pulled out their cameras and started filming while yelling "worldstaaar!!!!"

On April 18th, 1988 the United States Navy launched Operation Praying Mantis against the Iranian Navy in the Persian Gulf in retaliation for Iran placing anti-ship mines in international waters, damaging neutral oil tankers and a US Navy ship.The engagement was one sided to say the least, and in the midst of the fighting an unknown Destroyer approached the Americans. The ship identified itself as Soviet, and when US Command asked them why they were there the Captain stated in broken English “I’m here to take pictures…for history".

This looks pretty bad.

Additionally, 972 Magazine while reporting from on the ground describes of the deteriorating situation for civilians who thought they were in a 'safe zone':

The last days have been the hardest we have experienced since the war began, here in the southern Gaza city of Khan Younis. Until last Friday, this area was designated a “safe zone” — a farcical description considering the Israeli army has bombed the city non-stop, but one that nonetheless brought an influx of hundreds of thousands of displaced Palestinians from the northern parts of the Strip, which Israeli troops have directly occupied for more than a month. Now, the army’s invasion of southern Gaza is underway, and residents have nowhere to run.

Sent from my moto g 5G using Tapatalk

Like shooting fish in a barrel.
    Seeker of Truth. Dispenser of Wisdom. Protector of the Weak. Avenger of Evil.

Hopefully the plans to flood the Hamas tunnels will shorten the war.

Hopefully the plans to flood the Hamas tunnels will not drown the hostages
    FIFY

Sounds like their government has let them down?

Quote Originally Posted by rod9301 View Post
    This looks pretty bad.

Additionally, 972 Magazine while reporting from on the ground describes of the deteriorating situation for civilians who thought they were in a 'safe zone':

The last days have been the hardest we have experienced since the war began, here in the southern Gaza city of Khan Younis. Until last Friday, this area was designated a “safe zone” — a farcical description considering the Israeli army has bombed the city non-stop, but one that nonetheless brought an influx of hundreds of thousands of displaced Palestinians from the northern parts of the Strip, which Israeli troops have directly occupied for more than a month. Now, the army’s invasion of southern Gaza is underway, and residents have nowhere to run.

Sent from my moto g 5G using Tapatalk
    Yeah, Israel had announced that neighborhoods of khan younis would be attacked nearly a month ago. https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ern-gaza-towns

Israel has dropped leaflets into southern Gaza telling Palestinian civilians to leave four towns on the eastern edge of Khan Younis, raising fears that its war against Hamas could spread to areas it previously said were safe. The flyers told civilians in Bani Shuhaila, Khuza’a, Abassan and al-Qarara that anyone in the vicinity of militants or their positions was “putting his life in danger”, local people told Reuters.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyCarter View Post
    Can't drown a hostage you already beheaded. [taps temple]
    FIFY

Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    Yeah, Israel had announced that neighborhoods of khan younis would be attacked nearly a month ago. https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ern-gaza-towns

Israel has dropped leaflets into southern Gaza telling Palestinian civilians to leave four towns on the eastern edge of Khan Younis, raising fears that its war against Hamas could spread to areas it previously said were safe. The flyers told civilians in Bani Shuhaila, Khuza’a, Abassan and al-Qarara that anyone in the vicinity of militants or their positions was “putting his life in danger”, local people told Reuters.

lol Wasn't that Safe Zone designation arrived at before Hamas broke the ceasefire?

BTW, what parts of the planet have Hamas declared as Safe Zones for Israelis?

Quote Originally Posted by highangle View Post
    lol Wasn't that Safe Zone designation arrived at before Hamas broke the ceasefire?

The point was that Israel was not bombing areas that had been designated safe zones. They were bombing areas that had been clearly warned prior to bombing. And if one were to look at a map, all 4 of those neighborhoods/towns are right next to each other so its pretty clear what area to avoid.

Release the hostages, bombing stops. Stop bombing before they’re released…hostages suffer and Hamas retools. It’s a sad catch 22 with civilians being offered up as cannon fodder.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Name:  88dbzo.jpg
Views: 277
Size:  74.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Cisco Kid View Post
    But you gotta think of all the recruits they preemptively killed before they could be recruited.

Quote Originally Posted by Cisco Kid View Post
    That's an idiotic take. Guess nobody should've taken out the Nazis either by that logic.

But thankfully that's not what happened. The enemy got crushed and a 4th Reich did not emerge from the ashes as a result. Same goes for Japan. They have both been pretty chill ever since.

Sent from my Pixel 8 using TGR Forums mobile app

I’d suggest that thinking there will be some sort of peace after this current conflict is over is a more idiotic take.

Do you actually believe there will finally be peace?

And if not peace, then yeah, new terrorist recruits.

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    That's an idiotic take. Guess nobody should've taken out the Nazis either by that logic.

But thankfully that's not what happened. The enemy got crushed and a 4th Reich did not emerge from the ashes as a result. Same goes for Japan. They have both been pretty chill ever since.

Sent from my Pixel 8 using TGR Forums mobile app
    Not really accurate. We kicked their ass so badly that the few remaining werewoves never got any traction. Then we occupied and weeded out the Nazis while we fed, housed and helped them rebuid the government from the ground up with Germans who were not Nazis. So far the only plan I see from Bibi is what my meme suggests. Bounce the rubble, go home and wait for the new terrorists he created to strike. And for Bibi maybe stay out of jail.

Quote Originally Posted by J. Barron DeJong View Post
    I’d suggest that thinking there will be some sort of peace after this current conflict is over is a more idiotic take.

Do you actually believe there will finally be peace?

And if not peace, then yeah, new terrorist recruits.

"Palestinian" is already synonymous with "Terrorist recruit". You need something better if you're going to threaten everyone.

Ackman has called for the resignation of Harvard, MIT, and the University of Pennsylvania's presidents following their congressional hearing on antisemitism on Tuesday. The billionaire singled out the three college presidents in a post written on X, formerly Twitter, after their testimonies on Capitol Hill. "The presidents' answers reflect the profound educational, moral and ethical failures that pervade certain of our elite educational institutions due in large part to their failed leadership," Ackman wrote on X. "They must all resign in disgrace," he added.

The three presidents were repeatedly asked by Rep. Elise Stefanik during the Tuesday congressional hearing if calling for the genocide of Jews violated their universities' rules on bullying and harassment. "If the speech turns into conduct, it can be harassment," said University of Pennsylvania president Liz Magill. Harvard and MIT presidents Claudine Gay and Sally Kornbluth replied similarly to Stefanik's question. "It can be, depending on the context," Gay replied when asked the same question. "I have heard chants which can be antisemitic depending on the context when calling for the elimination of the Jewish people," Kornbluth said earlier when Stefanik asked if she'd heard chants of "Intifada" on campus. The term is a reference to previous Palestinian uprisings in Gaza.

Ackman wrote in response to the clip: "If a CEO of one of our companies gave a similar answer, he or she would be toast within the hour. Why has antisemitism exploded on campus and around the world? Because of leaders like Presidents Gay, Magill and Kornbluth who believe genocide depends on the context," Ackman continued. The hedge fund manager added in a later post that the three institutions would be far better off if they ditched their presidents -- quickly. "The world will be able to judge the relative quality of the governance at Harvard, Penn, and MIT by the comparative speed by which their boards fire their respective presidents," he wrote on X.
    For fucks sakes... "If the speech turns into conduct, it can be harassment" so screaming "gas the Jews" is fine, but maybe don't actually gas them as that might constitute harassment, depending on the context of course!

The reason for having some bounds on speech reaching into bullying/harassment with college campuses is that they are peoples homes and workplaces, not just a public square.

For fucks sakes... "If the speech turns into conduct, it can be harassment" so screaming "gas the Jews" is fine, but maybe don't actually gas them as that might constitute harassment, depending on the context of course!

The reason for having some bounds on speech reaching into bullying/harassment with college campuses is that they are peoples homes and workplaces, not just a public square.
    Universities don’t operate the same as companies. They generally are very unwilling to curtail speech. There are reasons for that, just as giving tenure allows employees to express ideas freely without fear of retribution.

An arguably more nuanced take:

Rep. Elise Stefanik had three university presidents on the hook today and decided to goad them by asking if calling for the genocide of Jews violated their university's code of conduct or anti-harassment policies. "Yes or no?" she demanded repeatedly, but all three presidents demurred. Instead they replied with various versions of "it's context dependent"—which outraged Stefanik and a bunch of other people too.
    There wasn't much of anyone left by the time Stefanik unleashed her outrage, but it was still an opportunity for some good video clips. Campaign season is coming up, after all.The problem is that Stefanik very deliberately didn't ask the presidents how they personally felt. I think we can all guess that. She asked about their universities' written policies. At Harvard, for example, racial harassment is defined as actions
    that demean or abuse another individual or group because of racial or ethnic background. Such actions may include, but are not restricted to, using racial epithets, making racially derogatory remarks, and using racial stereotypes.
    The student handbook adds this:
    It is important to note here that speech not specifically directed against individuals in a harassing way may be protected by traditional safeguards of free speech, even though the comments may cause considerable discomfort or concern to others in the community.
    Calling for genocide certainly falls within the "racially derogatory" bucket, but like it or not, it's factually correct to testify that it's protected as free speech unless it's directed at an individual in a harassing way. In other words, it's context dependent.
    The presidents were not waffling, nor being morally bankrupt. They surely all think that calling for Jewish genocide is ugly and antisemitic. But it's also protected speech in some circumstances, so that's what they said. It was the correct answer.

https://jabberwocking.com/is-calling...tected-speech/