Page 91 of 139 FirstFirst ... 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,275 of 3468

50 years to the day

Dupe post

50 years to the day

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    *Video not url (reply to yours and replace)
    Video isn’t an option in the app but it didn’t change anything when I replaced url wit it manually either

Quote Originally Posted by ex-powderbroker View Post
    it sort of depends, no? if they fire a dozen rockets to declare how cool they are and they don’t cause any casualties or property damage would you go back in to teach them a lesson?

what’s the argument for using more force and when do you stop then?
    For context, about a week or two ago I saw that of all the rockets that had been fired at Israel since the terror attacks, they had only resulted in four deaths, two of which were heart attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by J. Barron DeJong View Post
    For context, about a week or two ago I saw that of all the rockets that had been fired at Israel since the terror attacks, they had only resulted in four deaths, two of which were heart attacks.
    For context, they spend billions of our money shooting most of the rockets down.

Expecting them to live like that the last 10 yrs was the first mistake.

Israel now has cctv footage from the hospital, showing two,IDF soldiers, with minor injuries, who Hamas now say were killed in an air strike.

Id realistically say it will take another week to clear any tunnels beneath, the hospital, or longer. Still People will just say it’s like Capricorn one, shot from a movie set.

Quote Originally Posted by J. Barron DeJong View Post
    Gosh, only 4 premeditated civilian deaths in 7 weeks? That's only a third of the Munich Olympics, so we should all be cool with that, right?

What does Sweathead Iglesias have to opine on the subject? Surely he's published a 4k screen grab tweet justification for every rocket Palestinians have fired into Israel?

Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    For context, they spend billions of our money shooting most of the rockets down.

Expecting them to live like that the last 10 yrs was the first mistake.
    Yeah, the Israelis shouldn’t have had to live like that.

What’s the Palestinian living situation been looking like over the same timeframe?

Did you watch the John Oliver episode? You probably should.

it sort of depends, no? if they fire a dozen rockets to declare how cool they are and they don’t cause any casualties or property damage would you go back in to teach them a lesson?

what’s the argument for using more force and when do you stop then?
    Ceasefire means nothing happens from either side so if even 1 is fired off they'd be justified in retaliating. How severe a response should be situational. What if an IDF soldier is fired on, should they return fire or does that break the ceasefire? I ask because I have a hard time seeing Hamas being able to stop the small firefights.

Here's another - Why isn't the world totally freaking out that for a year and a half Russia has been purposely targeting civilian infrastructure in Ukraine? Why aren't they losing their shit over non-combatants being bombed into oblivion with no warning? What about shutting off the natural gas and bombing every piece of the electrical network. Ooh ooh we sanctioned them... Fuck that, let's see some protests with paid actors talking about how the Russians have been abused by the Ukrainians so raping, pillaging and generally being animals is justified.

All of these pro Palestine rallies are so totally full of shit. I'm so sick of the media playing it up and making things worse.

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    Ceasefire means nothing happens from either side so if even 1 is fired off they'd be justified in retaliating. How severe a response should be situational. What if an IDF soldier is fired on, should they return fire or does that break the ceasefire? I ask because I have a hard time seeing Hamas being able to stop the small firefights.

Here's another - Why isn't the world totally freaking out that for a year and a half Russia has been purposely targeting civilian infrastructure in Ukraine? Why aren't they losing their shit over non-combatants being bombed into oblivion with no warning? What about shutting off the natural gas and bombing every piece of the electrical network. Ooh ooh we sanctioned them... Fuck that, let's see some protests with paid actors talking about how the Russians have been abused by the Ukrainians so raping, pillaging and generally being animals is justified.

All of these pro Palestine rallies are so totally full of shit. I'm so sick of the media playing it up and making things worse.

QFT

[QUOTE=gravitylover;

All of these pro Palestine rallies are so totally full of shit. I'm so sick of the media playing it up and making things worse.[/QUOTE]

At this point, the Israelis seem to be the ones making it worse by doing exactly what Hamas wanted : declaring war in the Gaza Palestinians. So far all the IDF had done is kill a shitload of civilians with very minimal results in hurting Hamas.

Hamas sucks, Fatah sucks, all Arab governments suck. The Israelis are far and away the best governed and successful country in the region, but they are not handling this well. Unless of course, the enemy is Gaza and not just Hamas. They can and should do better or Hamas ultimate goal of dragging other players into the conflict might just succeed

Whatever dude. Can I fire rockets into your backyard for 20 years? Can I publish a charter that states that it would be best if you were dead and your country was eliminated while whining that you're treating me like shit? Oh, that's ok. Great!

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    … Can I publish a charter that states that it would be best if you were dead and your country was eliminated…
    From Likud’s founding platform (Netanyahu’s party):

The right of the Jewish people to the land of Israel is eternal and indisputable and is linked with the right to security and peace; therefore, Judea and Samaria will not be handed to any foreign administration; between the Sea and the Jordan there will only be Israeli sovereignty.

https://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org...he-likud-party

Good news everyone! Americans appear to believe Hamas is in fact not good:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A3C7BB41-43E8-4843-A96F-482BB8AC97C7.jpeg 
Views:	54 
Size:	433.9 KB 
ID:	476747

https://x.com/armanddoma/status/1726...sR_NcRK2VkCfkg

I hear you, Gravity and HighAngle.

It’s a very shitty situation. Fatah sucks, Hamas sucks, Likud sucks, the UN enablers are the worst of all, etc.

Unfortunately these operations happen every couple of years, the missiles still get in, the tunnel network gets expanded. How long until the next one if Hamas is “eliminated”, 5 years?

At some point something different has to be done. Israel has occupied the territories since 1967. That’s a fucking long time doing the same shit. What was the plan?

We can sit around and blame Arafat and Abbas for their shittyness, but it’d be better to channel Yoda and acknowledge there is no try, it needs a solution. People will always crave freedom. As Americans we should understand we fought off the Brits and we fought ourselves for those ideals.

Hamas is a demonic piece of shit and the average Palestinian for the most part seems to hate every Israeli. Fine.

Come up with a framework where they can either live their lives (with an acceptable measure of security) or get demolished again. They’ll no doubt sneak in arms given a port or airport, it’s a fact. People will die.

But given some freedom they’ll have to also look at their own leaders a little more carefully. People are dying anyway, and the urban warfare will get worse for the IDF every day.

At least at some point Israel could say they tried something different, which would be cool after decades of doing the same thing.

Whatever rationalization you want to use (yes they suck, racist, murdering, raping, disgusting, etc) the occupation and blockade are still illegal. They should fix it.

Literally the only alternative is killing all of them, and I know i’m just a bleeding heart but I don’t think I’d like to live with myself green lighting that. At the same time, jailing another population is hardly better.

Any solution gets harder every day. More deaths, more land confiscated in the West Bank, etc Very few in Israel want one state, so to erase the accusations of apartheid and to fix the “occupied” state of the territories there are very few alternative choices.

It’s sucks to reward terrorism in any way, but the easier it is for people to look over the border and to say it’s their fault, the harder it will ever be to solve.

If you guys or Summit can articulate how a long term peace through the military can be achieved then sure. But at this point they have to think more creatively than what i’m seeing.

Maybe I’m naive, but I think at some point being Pro Israel has to be becoming Pro Palestine.

—-

In other news, they released some tape of hostages taken to al shifa and a video of the tunnel ending in a blast door with a little hole to fire out of.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Well said ^

People w some money, autonomy, and hope don’t look to violence for their solutions. When none of those are present, violence shouldn’t be a surprise

50 years to the day

Gov of Israel:
    We hold the @WHO complicit with Hamas’ human shield strategy and any loss of life from its gross negligence.
    https://x.com/eylonalevy/status/1726...Mbjk5ElmdWLRnQ

Rasputin is online now Полые тростник на ветру
    Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    Well, that echoed thoughts I had when I saw interviews with doctors and such. I have no doubt that Hammas is burrowed into the hospital like a tick, I don't believe the staff there has been ignorant to that, and feel that it was foolish of them not to evacuate when the IDF warned them to; not moving triage out of harm's way ensured additional trauma.
    I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. -אלוהים אדירים

50 years to the day

It doesn’t sound like that have found any evidence of hamas within the hospital so far. The access tunnels they found wasn’t in the hospital and doesn’t sound like it was even constructed by hamas, although they utilized it for the lower horizontal tunnel

Blaming the WHO is weak sauce regardless and evacuating the hospital didnt sound like a very realistic option
    Last edited by mcski; 11-20-2023 at 03:45 PM.

I don’t think it’s fair to say there’s no evidence. Pretty large amount of weapons, videos of hostages being taken there (at some point all cameras were covered up)… does it rise to what it was billed as? probably not yet.

I don’t think it’s fair to say there’s no evidence. Pretty large amount of weapons, videos of hostages being taken there (at some point all cameras were covered up)… does it rise to what it was billed as? probably not yet.
    Saw this this morning as well:

A British doctor who used to work at Shifa Hospital, Gaza’s largest medical center, under which the IDF says Hamas operates a major command and control base, has confirmed that there were areas of the hospital where he could not go, or else he would be shot.In a recent interview with the English-language channel of French broadcaster France24, the doctor, who declined to give his name for fear of endangering his colleagues in Gaza, said he had worked at Shifa and other hospitals in Gaza and the West Bank for three months, three years ago.
    “When I was first asked to work there [at Shifa], I was told there was a part of the hospital I was not to go near, and if I did, I’d be in danger of being shot,” he was quoted as saying.”

https://www.timesofisrael.com/uk-doc...ical-purposes/

50 years to the day

I meant specifically evidence of the tunnels being connected to the hospital itself. Not that hamas hadn’t been there at all. I’m not sure if the weapons were found within the hospital, I’ll have to reread that. I thought they were all from the van near the exposed tunnel under the shed. There’s a lot of wiggle room in the statements being made about “proof”. I wasn’t clear in my statement before. I agree tho that it’s not like a huge smoking gun anywhere so far but I’m not gonna be shocked if something is found. Just so far nothing seems worth bombing a hospital over

Well, just found out one of my coworkers is off the deepend #freepalestine. Like, thinks Oct7th was crisis actors, thinks anyone who supports Israel is antisemitic, etc. The type thats so crazy you dont argue with them but kindof goad them on because you are legit curious how they are connecting their dots to arrive at such a wild conclusion.

Funny snl, but although Hamas is horrible, it is no where near the depths of ISIS.

i’m not sure if the news was released today or if they were captured today, but two gazans were picked up in Rahat after laying low for weeks with shitloads of ammo.

people like to point out how small gaza is, but it’s only two gazas in width to get the west bank.

normally i’m not a fan of house demolitions but whoever was concealing these two murderers….

nah, i’m sure there’s someone that deserves a house more though.