Check Out Our Shop
Page 2 of 158 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by summit View Post
    The Middle East "is populated by authoritarian regimes with appalling human rights records. Yet in recent years Human Rights Watch has written far more condemnations of Israel for violations of international law than of any other country in the region." -The Fucking Founder of Human Rights Watch

You appeal to biased authority falls flat.

I stand by my well reasoned points about the unreasonable reality of war.

Perhaps you want to tell us all how you think Israel should respond to a September 11th/Pearl Harbor level attack by their neighboring state which does not acknowledge Israel's right to exist and is calling for their other neighbors to join the invasion of Israel? A pat on the head and a lolli?
    Hamas isn't justified with this attack.. But Israel has an appalling human rights record as well . according to more than a few Israel dissidents.. Not a black and white situation in any country in the world.. But especially in that region of the world.
    what's so funny about peace, love, and understanding?

Over 300 dead Israeli civilians and over 2000 injured is proportionally like over 10,000 dead Americans and 70,000 injured. That will have to be answered for.

Hard to say what Israel will do re the hundreds of hostages. Israel puts a very high price on the lives of its citizens... but if the alternative is paralysis they may be forfeit.

It sounds like at least one German citizen, Shani Louk a young woman, was taken hostage when Hamas gunmen overran a dance party "Music Festival for Peace." Her half naked, beaten, and possibly dead body was paraded in Gaza by Hamas.

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    - Regional governments are already trying to deescalate, but the reality is it will probably be a month or more, at least, before any deescalation can occur.
    It would be nice if a Jordanian/Saudi force went in and cleaned house in Gaza, but such a thing is a fever dream.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by J. Barron DeJong View Post
    Also, Palestine is not an enemy ‘nation’. That’s kind of a big part of the issue.
    Last I checked it was an illegally occupied territory. A frequently abused one at that. Generally, some partisan violence is to be expected in such a situation. And generally, the blame ultimately belongs on the occupier.

Keep beating up the powerless when they fail to resolve their problems - that always leads to good outcomes. /s

Over 300 dead Israeli civilians and over 2000 injured … That will have to be answered for.
    If the past is a predictor, it will be answered for many times over. But with what end game in mind?

Israel puts a very high price on the lives of its citizens...
    And a very low price on its residents. How could this lead to trouble?

Quote Originally Posted by LongShortLong View Post
    Last I checked it was an illegally occupied territory. A frequently abused one at that. Generally, some partisan violence is to be expected in such a situation. And generally, the blame ultimately belongs on the occupier.
    Who is occupying Gaza again? Oh wait, that would be Hamas...

Now here is some partisan violence for you to blame the Israelis for, if you can stomach it:
    https://twitter.com/LeoKearse/status...88697635451035

Can you stomach Hamas gunmen cornering and massacring entire civilian families? Just some partisan violence... they brought it on themselves, right?

Child hostage being abused... just some partisan violence... his own fault really:

https://t.me/ILtoday/2307

Rough translation from LSL's POV: "Why did you kidnap yourself? Why did you kidnap yourself?"

"A day of celebration ... The struggle for freedom is rarely bloodless and we shouldn't apologise for it."

LSL = justifying terrorist massacres of civilians

Quote Originally Posted by J. Barron DeJong View Post
    If the past is a predictor, it will be answered for many times over. But with what end game in mind?
    A sad and good question. What is the solution to be? Probably hard to see when the blood of 100s of civilians is still wet on the ground.

A sad and good question. What is the solution to be? Probably hard to see when the blood of 100s of civilians is still wet on the ground.
    There's always genocide. It's worked elsewhere

Hamas claims Iranian support and support of another unnamed country in enabling their surprise attack:
    https://twitter.com/visegrad24/statu...69691457626143

There's always genocide. It's worked elsewhere
    That's a horrific suggestion. Although, that is the stated goal of Hamas towards the Israelis.

I bet you haven't the courage to go watch those links. Easy to say what you say without having to see what you are justifying.

Could establish a virtual prison and economic blockade, with regular military action against any dissidents. Oh wait, that's how we got here.

Could establish a virtual prison and economic blockade, with regular military action against any dissidents. Oh wait, that's how we got here.
    How did "we" get to that again? Do tell.

Neverminded Israel further relaxed the border with Gaza just recently. In whose interest was it to escalate instead of give peace a chance?

It's a shame that Israel has sole control over the Gazan border... oh wait... we'll just ignore Egypt's responsibility here because they aren't evil Israelis... right? Right? Things that make you go hmmmmmmmmmmm...

Keep on defending terrorism! It is a good look on you. Or recognize that this is the Palestinians are being exploited, again, by Iran and Russia. Hamas is the tool. Israelis, Palestinians, and the free world are the victims.

Ultimately, Putin desperately needs WW3 with China on its side and India "neutral". Sowing chaos is part of that play. Crumble the cookie and hopefully get China to join him.

Buncha Israeli girls taken as hostages, kidnapped themselves really... right LSL?

https://twitter.com/officejjsmart/st...50016799695249

I sort of understand the world's issues with Israel's human rights shit over the last few decades BUT if your adversaries and neighbors constantly lobbed rockets at you, bombed your buses and markets, regularly maimed and killed your citizens and constantly say they want you all dead what's the proper response? Shut up and let the rockets fly? Thank them for hating you and wanting you dead? Fuck that. Treat them like shit and make things hard. Fuck, they're a bunch of nomads right? Give em a blanket and send them out to walk aimlessly around the fuckn desert.

Don't forget intentionally and specifically targeting and bombing an ambulance
    https://twitter.com/emilykschrader/s...18465210355991

BTW Hamas just released that video. They proud

Keep on defending terrorism! It is a good look on you. Or recognize that this is the Palestinians are being exploited, again, by Iran and Russia. Hamas is the tool. Israelis, Palestinians, and the free world are the victims.
    No defense here. Just looking for solutions, and noting that people without power cannot do much. I don't think comparing blood is useful. It's red and vital.

Israel has long exploited the Palestinians. Create a second class citizenry and expect dissidents. Also expect interested entities to exploit your dissidents. Surely you're aware.

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    I sort of understand the world's issues with Israel's human rights shit over the last few decades BUT if your adversaries and neighbors constantly lobbed rockets at you, bombed your buses and markets, regularly maimed and killed your citizens and constantly say they want you all dead what's the proper response? Shut up and let the rockets fly? Thank them for hating you and wanting you dead? Fuck that. Treat them like shit and make things hard. Fuck, they're a bunch of nomads right? Give em a blanket and send them out to walk aimlessly around the fuckn desert.
    In the United States, we called it the Indian Problem. Some say the solution was shameful. I agree.

That's fucked up

No defense here. Just looking for solutions.
    You sound exactly like Rod in the Ukraine thread.

I don't think comparing blood is useful.

Israel has long exploited the Palestinians. Create a second class citizenry and expect dissidents.
    Hate to tell you, but while Israel has done egregious things, overall it is always Israel that has sought the peace, offered recognition for recognition, traded land for peace. While there have times of Palestinian progress towards peace, it has always been the Palestinians who denied the Israeli's right to exist, from the moment the UN created the partition onwards to today, because they were pushed to ongoing terrorism by their Arab "brothers," Iranian "allies" and newly Russia "allies."

If Israel laid down their weapons today, what would tomorrow look like when their neighbors believe they should all be pushed into the sea and killed?

If the Palestinians renounced violence yesterday, what would today look like?

Unfortunately today looks like exactly what I don't want. It looks like exactly what Iran and Russia want.

Not judging. Unfortunately, I have seen that action by both sides in wars, including by the Ukraines. "Hey Dad, did you feel safer as an ambulance driver than a Army Ranger rifleman?" "Driving to and from the battle down the road with a red cross on the roof to aim at? Not really. Got me a Combat Medic Badge."

Anyway, War is Hell. Carry on.
    Seeker of Truth. Dispenser of Wisdom. Protector of the Weak. Avenger of Evil.

Israel has done egregious things
    Yes they have. As have many. If we all stop, the world might be a better place.

Yes they have. As have many. If we all stop, the world might be a better place.
    Platitudes don't solve multigenerational ethnoreligious conflicts being stoked by third parties. I'm not sure what does.

Somehow neutering the malignant cancers that are Putin's Russia and Theocratic Iran is about all I can see that would.

I am by no means a Middle East political expert, but based on what I’m reading/ seeing, this seems really fucking bad. Hezbollah just told the Israeli government through Egyptian back channels that they will invade if Israel moves on Gaza…. How long until Israel lobs a nuke at Tehran? Or Damascus? Shit is beyond fucked.

Summit your bias is extremely plain.. after world war II, the Israelis were very happy to use terrorism against Palestinians and the British in Israel... But of course you could say it started a couple thousand years before that... Those stupid s**** fight about everything and they're very happy to kill each other and they justify it all the time because of their stupid f****** organized superstition.... Many poxes on both their houses... But you obviously have an interest in just one house.. hopefully the fighting stops but in my opinion it never will.. until everybody there is dead. Which may take a few thousand years or maybe never