Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 32
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Middle of Norway.
    Posts
    2,749

    Blister annual book of gear

    I know, jfe024 and his ilk have lots to do, but I've become reliant on this tome, especially now before the only season worth thinking about. Come on, release it already. September's practically over, and you did say September. Giddy up, you sexy bastards.

    This post is fueled by some lack of snow frustration, five negronis and two boulevardiers. Ran out of gin.

    Sent fra min LE2123 via Tapatalk

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Lapping the pow with the GSA in the PNW
    Posts
    5,121

    Blister annual book of gear

    You mean this? The Analog version has been released.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1695417225.995843.jpg 
Views:	172 
Size:	191.6 KB 
ID:	470374
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Middle of Norway.
    Posts
    2,749
    Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Man View Post
    You mean this?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1695417225.995843.jpg 
Views:	172 
Size:	191.6 KB 
ID:	470374
    What the fuck? I need to check my email.

    Sent fra min LE2123 via Tapatalk

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Middle of Norway.
    Posts
    2,749
    So, it's going to be a while until I get mine. Release the digital version, Jonathan!

    Sent fra min LE2123 via Tapatalk

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Lapping the pow with the GSA in the PNW
    Posts
    5,121
    Good to see the C132 and FL113 included. Hoped for a FL113 review in the 187. Seeing that the 194 is ranked as the “most demanding” and second to last in “most work in tight terrain” isn’t a surprise.
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Middle of Norway.
    Posts
    2,749
    Lol. Not that surprised, either.

    Sent fra min LE2123 via Tapatalk

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2023
    Posts
    477
    Those 194 slight camber "blems" are probably absolute missiles then.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Middle of Norway.
    Posts
    2,749
    Quote Originally Posted by Velomayniac View Post
    Those 194 slight camber "blems" are probably absolute missiles then.
    The uncambered ones are,too, so I'm starting to feel some FOMO.

    Sent fra min LE2123 via Tapatalk

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2023
    Posts
    477
    Quote Originally Posted by arild View Post
    The uncambered ones are,too, so I'm starting to feel some FOMO.

    Sent fra min LE2123 via Tapatalk
    I'm sure they are. I can't wait to try a pair of HL skis. I'm just saying the cambered blems make me feel like I should spend more time in ballistics engineering before even considering. Like a mix between a Bodacious and a Pro Rider.

    I haven't read through all the HL threads on here, I honestly don't know the background of each ski nor the skis that influenced each HL model. I'm a regular rider of the 191 Monster 108s, and I think that influenced the FL113?? Maybe I'm mistaken.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    5,333
    Just needed to be a touch more patient:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	D1CB4791-53AA-469B-A833-43E5BF51AB7F.jpg 
Views:	149 
Size:	280.2 KB 
ID:	470390

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2023
    Posts
    477
    Did you fall asleep? What time is it in the middle of Norway?

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Middle of Norway.
    Posts
    2,749
    1:14am. No, mixed another boulevardier, stared at it for a while and then drank a glass of water.

    Sent fra min LE2123 via Tapatalk

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Middle of Norway.
    Posts
    2,749
    And I did find the guide at last. Turns out my cc had expired.

    Sent fra min LE2123 via Tapatalk

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Middle of Norway.
    Posts
    2,749
    Quote Originally Posted by Velomayniac View Post
    I'm sure they are. I can't wait to try a pair of HL skis. I'm just saying the cambered blems make me feel like I should spend more time in ballistics engineering before even considering. Like a mix between a Bodacious and a Pro Rider.

    I haven't read through all the HL threads on here, I honestly don't know the background of each ski nor the skis that influenced each HL model. I'm a regular rider of the 191 Monster 108s, and I think that influenced the FL113?? Maybe I'm mistaken.
    The Monsters influenced the flex pattern, mostly. The shape is otherwise not super related, other than both being chargers. Sorry, didn't see your post.

    Sent fra min LE2123 via Tapatalk

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Land of the Long Flat Vowel
    Posts
    1,075
    Quote Originally Posted by arild View Post
    I know, jfe024 and his ilk have lots to do, but I've become reliant on this tome, especially now before the only season worth thinking about. Come on, release it already. September's practically over, and you did say September. Giddy up, you sexy bastards.

    This post is fueled by some lack of snow frustration, five negronis and two boulevardiers. Ran out of gin.

    Sent fra min LE2123 via Tapatalk
    Two Negronis and I'm a very happy wreck, but a wreck nonetheless. Good effort - and good taste.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Middle of Norway.
    Posts
    2,749
    Quote Originally Posted by Island Bay View Post
    Two Negronis and I'm a very happy wreck, but a wreck nonetheless. Good effort - and good taste.
    Will absolutely recommend the Boulevardier. Just use bourbon instead of the gin, only add 25% more bourbon for sweetness.

    I just discovered this last year that a Negroni is the only real alternative to an old fashioned.

    Cheers


    Sent fra min LE2123 via Tapatalk

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    5,333
    Quote Originally Posted by arild View Post
    I just discovered this last year that a Negroni is the only real alternative to an old fashioned.

    Cheers


    Sent fra min LE2123 via Tapatalk
    Not true. An ‘improved whiskey cocktail’ is also a great alternative. (The thing it was supposed to improve upon is an ‘old fashioned cocktail’.)

    Also, Sazerac.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Middle of Norway.
    Posts
    2,749
    Quote Originally Posted by J. Barron DeJong View Post
    Not true. An ‘improved whiskey cocktail’ is also a great alternative. (The thing it was supposed to improve upon is an ‘old fashioned cocktail’.)

    Also, Sazerac.
    Thanks for the pointers. Will check them out.

    Sent fra min LE2123 via Tapatalk

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    5,333
    Quote Originally Posted by arild View Post
    Thanks for the pointers. Will check them out.

    Sent fra min LE2123 via Tapatalk
    Ha! That was fast. Just sitting here hoping for drinking tips?

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Middle of Norway.
    Posts
    2,749
    Quote Originally Posted by J. Barron DeJong View Post
    Ha! That was fast. Just sitting here hoping for drinking tips?
    For some reason, Tapatalk decided to start notifying me whenever anyone participates in whatever stupid thread I've started. I think I may have Covid again, as I'm all snot, no taste today, so on the wagon.

    Sent fra min LE2123 via Tapatalk

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Land of the Long Flat Vowel
    Posts
    1,075
    Did you know that it's just been International Negroni Week?

    Best cocktail in the world.

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Middle of Norway.
    Posts
    2,749
    Quote Originally Posted by Island Bay View Post
    Did you know that it's just been International Negroni Week?

    Best cocktail in the world.
    I didn't know, but I've certainly honored it this week, if nothing else than by instinct alone.

    Sent fra min LE2123 via Tapatalk

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Jan 2023
    Posts
    477
    Lolz, instinct is sometimes all you need

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Middle of Norway.
    Posts
    2,749
    Since I started this cunt of a thread, I think it's only fair to the blister crew to discuss their book.

    Those of you who have the print edition; any better than previous years? Quality of paper matters.

    Sent fra min LE2123 via Tapatalk

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    5,333
    Quote Originally Posted by arild View Post
    For some reason, Tapatalk decided to start notifying me whenever anyone participates in whatever stupid thread I've started. I think I may have Covid again, as I'm all snot, no taste today, so on the wagon.

    Sent fra min LE2123 via Tapatalk
    Ugh. Hope you get through it quickly.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •