Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 136
  1. #76
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Bay Area / Tahoe
    Posts
    2,370

    Praxis Skis Needs Your Support

    Quote Originally Posted by Zhem View Post
    Lol, that is the exact top sheet I was thinking but on the Protests, great minds....

    I am a big fan of supporting U.S. manufacturing and small business so all in on a set of Protests, thanks for brining this to our attention Muggy.

    Anyone know if Keith is open to giving a quick tour of the plant/process? Never seen skis made in person and think my son would get a kick out of seeing it as well.
    Keith is usually pretty cool with stuff like that, especially if you ask in advance to make sure he has time. Not sure he can show you the whole process (working with fiberglass and epoxy can be kinda nasty), but might be able to show a quick visual tour of the steps they go through! If you pick up your skis in person would be a perfect time Iíd think

    Pulling the trigger myself on some 165 GPOs for the GF, pretty stoked! New GPO topsheet will be pretty cool too. Going with Daybreak graphic on hers though!

  2. #77
    Join Date
    Oct 2021
    Posts
    67
    Quote Originally Posted by Muggydude View Post
    Keith is usually pretty cool with stuff like that, especially if you ask in advance to make sure he has time. Not sure he can show you the whole process (working with fiberglass and epoxy can be kinda nasty), but might be able to show a quick visual tour of the steps they go through! If you pick up your skis in person would be a perfect time I’d think

    Pulling the trigger myself on some 165 GPOs for the GF, pretty stoked! New GPO topsheet will be pretty cool too. Going with Daybreak graphic on hers though!
    Keith is great!! Pulling the trigger on some protests and he is all for showing us around the factory. Thanks again Muggy, l love supporting local small businesses and this is a great way to do it and get a great product.

  3. #78
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Vinyl Valley
    Posts
    1,743
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhem View Post
    Keith is great!! l love supporting local small businesses and this is a great way to do it and get a great product.
    x 2

  4. #79
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    shadow of HS butte
    Posts
    6,240
    Ordered 175 GPOs for future hubby this morn.

    Man, I hope Praxis can pull through this.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  5. #80
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    SE Idaho
    Posts
    2,148
    Bump for support of some of the best skis/customer support out there at great prices. I have Quixotes, BC, and for this year, new MVPs, in the quiver.

  6. #81
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    mammoth
    Posts
    260
    ^Nice! I have the FRS and looking forward to my new skinny Quixotes which should arrive in the next few weeks
    aerospace eng with a gravity fetish
    ig

  7. #82
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Colorado Front Range
    Posts
    4,628
    The last thing I want to do is bug Keith as to when the custom BCs from the Spring order are shipping.

    If he delays until late November 'coz he's seeing demand for new stock orders that he needs to press (and pay the rent), I'm more than fine with that. I wish I was more flush. I'd order another pair for "inventory".

    Having said that, does anyone know if any of the customs have started to ship (and/or the model sequence)?

    ... Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

  8. #83
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    in the trench
    Posts
    15,529
    Quote Originally Posted by galibier_numero_un View Post
    The last thing I want to do is bug Keith as to when the custom BCs from the Spring order are shipping.

    If he delays until late November 'coz he's seeing demand for new stock orders that he needs to press (and pay the rent), I'm more than fine with that. I wish I was more flush. I'd order another pair for "inventory".

    Having said that, does anyone know if any of the customs have started to ship (and/or the model sequence)?

    ... Thom
    Hey Thom
    I had a friend check on his custom order recently. Im not exactly sure when he placed his order, other than it was during the custom sale. Keith said october for his

    Sent from my SM-A536W using TGR Forums mobile app

  9. #84
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    SE Idaho
    Posts
    2,148
    Quote Originally Posted by galibier_numero_un View Post
    The last thing I want to do is bug Keith as to when the custom BCs from the Spring order are shipping.

    If he delays until late November 'coz he's seeing demand for new stock orders that he needs to press (and pay the rent), I'm more than fine with that. I wish I was more flush. I'd order another pair for "inventory".

    Having said that, does anyone know if any of the customs have started to ship (and/or the model sequence)?

    ... Thom
    Thom, I ordered my custom MVPs in early April and they showed up last month. Not sure if that helps, but depending on when you ordered mine took about 4 months.

  10. #85
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Vallee Teton
    Posts
    2,542
    Quote Originally Posted by galibier_numero_un View Post
    The last thing I want to do is bug Keith as to when the custom BCs from the Spring order are shipping.

    If he delays until late November 'coz he's seeing demand for new stock orders that he needs to press (and pay the rent), I'm more than fine with that. I wish I was more flush. I'd order another pair for "inventory".

    Having said that, does anyone know if any of the customs have started to ship (and/or the model sequence)?

    ... Thom
    I received my +10 mm Sluggers in late August
    Aggressive in my own mind

  11. #86
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Colorado Front Range
    Posts
    4,628
    Thanks guys! Coincidence? Psychotic episode? I received an email from Keith this morning.

    He asked about my hoodie size since I was one of the first 100 to order this Spring.

    I told him that if he's seeing a demand for hoodies, to feel free to sell mine and add it to the "rent kitty". It's the least I can do.

    ... Thom
    Last edited by galibier_numero_un; 09-29-2023 at 03:20 PM.
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

  12. #87
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    mammoth
    Posts
    260
    Quote Originally Posted by 3PinGrin View Post
    Thom, I ordered my custom MVPs in early April and they showed up last month. Not sure if that helps, but depending on when you ordered mine took about 4 months.
    That makes sense, I think he probably pressed yours while he was pressing a bunch of the MVPs in prep for the winter, since it's the same mold.

    I'm guessing my Skinny Quixotes are gonna be on the late side of October since it's probably a low-volume seller. I was one of the first 5 orders of the spring sale. Totally cool with waiting, not like I'm gonna be able to ski them until late november anyway.
    aerospace eng with a gravity fetish
    ig

  13. #88
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Juneau
    Posts
    1,082
    Custom ordered 3 pairs of MVPs last spring for the little dschane's in my house - can't wait for them and snow to arrive. And my enduro/carbon BCs have become over the last 3 years my favorite all-time, do everything ski.

  14. #89
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    8
    I am looking to sell my wildcat 108s (available with shifts and skins if anyone is interested) and get some wider skis in that slot. I have my eyes on the Jedi Mind Sticks. Iíve been looking everywhere for some bets on these and havenít found much. Anyone have some common skis to compare them to or just more info?

  15. #90
    Join Date
    May 2022
    Location
    Truckee
    Posts
    421
    Quote Originally Posted by $teezus View Post
    I am looking to sell my wildcat 108s (available with shifts and skins if anyone is interested) and get some wider skis in that slot. I have my eyes on the Jedi Mind Sticks. Iíve been looking everywhere for some bets on these and havenít found much. Anyone have some common skis to compare them to or just more info?
    I grabbed them on a whim. I wish there were some reviews out there. After I get some days on them Iíll put my thoughts down. They look like my style ski: stiff enough UF to have some backbone. Long rocker lines, nose and tail. Camber, but not a ton (~4mm). EE and running length looks short for a 190, so I think theyíll be versatile (long when you want it, short when you donít).

    I thought about mounting them with CAST. But it looks like theyíre around 2300 grams for a 190. A bit heavy for a touring rig.

  16. #91
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowMachine View Post
    I grabbed them on a whim. I wish there were some reviews out there. After I get some days on them Iíll put my thoughts down. They look like my style ski: stiff enough UF to have some backbone. Long rocker lines, nose and tail. Camber, but not a ton (~4mm). EE and running length looks short for a 190, so I think theyíll be versatile (long when you want it, short when you donít).

    I thought about mounting them with CAST. But it looks like theyíre around 2300 grams for a 190. A bit heavy for a touring rig.
    Thatís what Iím thinking. I had some Black Crows Animas that were my all time favorite skis.

    Iím between these and the Line Blade Optic 114s, but I am headed up to Tahoe in a couple weeks and I think I might just have to take the same chance you are.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  17. #92
    Join Date
    May 2022
    Location
    Truckee
    Posts
    421
    Quote Originally Posted by $teezus View Post
    Thatís what Iím thinking. I had some Black Crows Animas that were my all time favorite skis.

    Iím between these and the Line Blade Optic 114s, but I am headed up to Tahoe in a couple weeks and I think I might just have to take the same chance you are.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Kinda similar looking on paper. The BO is a bit heavier (192 compared to 190), with a mount point -2cm from the Jedi's. They also have some metal.

    I've heard a mixed bag about them. Mostly good, but also that they can be a bit more demanding than expected. If I needed a 105-ish ski the smaller BO would be on my radar.

    Again, super excited to ski the Jedi's. Another couple of months, maybe less.

  18. #93
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Land of the Long Flat Vowel
    Posts
    1,064
    Anyone heard more news from Keith/Praxis? Could do with some good news after the last few days of shit.

    Sitting here in NZ about to go into summer, and talking myself out of ordering some 189 RX.

  19. #94
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    856
    Quote Originally Posted by Island Bay View Post
    Anyone heard more news from Keith/Praxis? Could do with some good news after the last few days of shit.

    Sitting here in NZ about to go into summer, and talking myself out of ordering some 189 RX.
    Just buy them. You'll not see a deal this good again. And you will be doing your part to help the guy out.

  20. #95
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    411
    Quote Originally Posted by halliday View Post
    Just buy them. You'll not see a deal this good again. And you will be doing your part to help the guy out.
    Yeah, same sentiment. Iím snagging a pair of the Jedis and I ordered a pair of GPO jrís for one of the little ones


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  21. #96
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    jack's hole
    Posts
    11
    Just scooped fresh GPO's...Top 5 favorite skis of all time, stoked to get a brand new pair at these prices

  22. #97
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Land of the Long Flat Vowel
    Posts
    1,064
    RX vs GPO

    I've scrolled through a fair few Praxis threads, but it would be great to hear from those of you with experience of both. Guessing that RX is more of a charger, and GPO more playful, but is there a big difference in speed limit, hold and composure?

    Cheers.

  23. #98
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    NorCal
    Posts
    767
    The Satinwood Veneer on the FRDs is incredible
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5A9D469A-4ED0-4BAE-B6A7-EF5CDE15940D.jpg 
Views:	325 
Size:	2.15 MB 
ID:	472569

  24. #99
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    SE Idaho
    Posts
    2,148
    Quote Originally Posted by Island Bay View Post
    RX vs GPO

    I've scrolled through a fair few Praxis threads, but it would be great to hear from those of you with experience of both. Guessing that RX is more of a charger, and GPO more playful, but is there a big difference in speed limit, hold and composure?

    Cheers.
    Having skied neither, all I can say is wish I had both. 😁

    If you want something in between, I think the Quixote is a good choice. I do own, and love, that ski.

  25. #100
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    3,393
    Quote Originally Posted by davjr96 View Post
    The Satinwood Veneer on the FRDs is incredible
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5A9D469A-4ED0-4BAE-B6A7-EF5CDE15940D.jpg 
Views:	325 
Size:	2.15 MB 
ID:	472569

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •