Page 22 of 38 FirstFirst ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast
    "If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough."

https://www.sbb.ch/en is working again, so use it to figure out your train schedules and costs. Zurich Flughafen is the Zurich airport train station and mtlodge_sedrun is in Rueras, just West of Sedrun.

Regarding skis/touring gear/skins/fatness, like jackattack said, it might be a good idea to wait on choices until we can count on snow and weather patterns. 2022 had the worst conditions I'd ever seen around Andermatt, so groomer skis might have been a better choice. On the other hand, last year, 2023, it looked like groomer conditions, but it ended up dumping at the last minute. And as 2Funky cites, there's just a shitload of great skiing right off the lift, at least there was that year in 2019. Factor in the fantastic availability of rental equipment, both for groomers and whore pissed. Personally, I opt for the fat skis which are admittedly not optimal for hard snow, but if I'm on shattering crust, I'll take that benefit of fatties over the perf of skinnier skis on the groom. And for those interested, don't forget the Oberalpstock.

In the end, either plan to rent or bring your favorite skis or both,
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

For those who are interested in touring have a look here for route scoping/discussion/planning: https://www.skitourenguru.ch/area-view?area=ch

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Don't Surf View Post
    For those who are interested in touring have a look here for route scoping/discussion/planning: https://www.skitourenguru.ch/area-view?area=ch
    The Swisstopo app has topo map of all Switz with a layer for the “official” ski touring routes. You can spend hours on it…

Also, worth downloading the White Risk app, which is the official SLF app. Has the avy report + loads of measurements (snowfall, wind, temp).

Trying to buy a half price cost and it says that none are available. Am I doing something wrong?

Got train ticket booked and am confirmed at Mtn Lodge Sedrun - now off to watch ski videos all evening

Sent from my Pixel 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by tgapp View Post
    Trying to buy a half price cost and it says that none are available. Am I doing something wrong?

Got train ticket booked and am confirmed at Mtn Lodge Sedrun - now off to watch ski videos all evening
    The half price kiosk is a weird interface. You have to create an account for yourself, log into it, then as you're buying the half price card, you have to "add" yourself.

Be sure to log into your ASD account via the web browser on your phone since that's how you'll validate your lift ticket..

When you get to the Andermatt-Sedrun-Disentis SkiArena, you'll get one of these and validate it each day you ski the ASD SkiArena.

(p.s. it's dumping there, Disentis is getting slammed : https://www.bergfex.com/disentis/webcams/c17715/ )
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1437.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	1.80 MB 
ID:	477682  

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    The half price kiosk is a weird interface. You have to create an account for yourself, log into it, then as you're buying the half price card, you have to "add" yourself.

Be sure to log into your ASD account via the web browser on your phone since that's how you'll validate your lift ticket..

When you get to the Andermatt-Sedrun-Disentis SkiArena, you'll get one of these and validate it each day you ski the ASD SkiArena.

(p.s. it's dumping there, Disentis is getting slammed : https://www.bergfex.com/disentis/webcams/c17715/ )
    Yeah idk what I'm doing wrong. I logged in, created an account, and still got an error message. I'll email them.

You're right, something is broken.

Don’t worry if you can’t get it, worst case scenario we’ll do it together when you get here

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by tgapp View Post

Question, you bought your train ticket already from the airport to Mtn Lodge already?
    I was afraid to buy it before I landed in case the flight was late.
    I couldn't figure out the ticket kiosk, I had to go to the ticket counter

Are train tickets good for other times? Different days?

Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    Are train tickets good for other times? Different days?
    Depends on the ticket.

The super saver tickets are for a specific train, specific time.

Point to Point tickets: Period of validity: 1 calendar day until 05:00 a.m. the following day.

There's lots of different fares.

The Saver Day Pass might save you some money. If I can digest the rules, I'll update.

From: https://www.sbb.ch/en/tickets-offers...-day-pass.html
    With the Saver Day Pass you can travel throughout Switzerland for a day on all routes in the GA area from as little as CHF 29 with a Half Fare Travelcard and from CHF 52 without a Half Fare Travelcard. Whether on SBB trains or trains of other rail companies, on boats, buses, trams or postbuses, the Saver Day Pass opens up a wide range of routes for you. Furthermore, the Saver Day Pass is available for both 1st and 2nd class. Buy your Saver Day Pass today via the smartphone app or online at SBB.ch.

So my understanding is that if one purchases a Day Saver Pass ahead of time for a particular day, then one gets a discount.
    For March 1, 2024 my Day Saver Pass 2nd class is 52chf for the trip from Zurich Flughaven to Rueras.

My brother has an Epic Pass this year. Anybody else on Epic? Do you need to stand in line every day to get your tickets? It says on the Epic site that the app cannot be used except as proof of a valid pass to receive tickets, and when you go to the ticket window you will receive an ASD access card. I'm wondering if he only needs to go to the ticket window once on the first day or every day?

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    My brother has an Epic Pass this year. Anybody else on Epic? Do you need to stand in line every day to get your tickets? It says on the Epic site that the app cannot be used except as proof of a valid pass to receive tickets, and when you go to the ticket window you will receive an ASD access card. I'm wondering if he only needs to go to the ticket window once on the first day or every day?

Guests will be asked to present proof of a valid Epic Pass or Wistler Blackcomb media card*, and valid photo ID at an Andermatt-Sedrun-Disentis ticket window to validate access. Once validated, Pass Holders will receive an Andermatt-Sedrun-Disentis access card that requires a deposit of 5 CHF (Swiss francs). Deposit will be refunded when the media card is returned. You will be issued the appropriate days for your stay and will be able to purchase additional lift access via a discount lift ticket at 50% off if your total included days are exhausted

*Proof of an active pass can include a current-season media card, active pass in the MyEpic app, confirmation email, pass number or screenshot of your Active Pass in My Account.

So it looks like they will issue a rfid card valid for the number of days planned to ski. If he has the unlimited, then it doesn't matter if we go elsewhere for a couple of days or do the Oberalpstock.

Just don't sit with Djongo on the train ride to the lift base on the first morning. He's a flower for the conductor bees.

Depends on the ticket.

The super saver tickets are for a specific train, specific time.

Point to Point tickets: Period of validity: 1 calendar day until 05:00 a.m. the following day.

There's lots of different fares.

The Saver Day Pass might save you some money. If I can digest the rules, I'll update.

From: https://www.sbb.ch/en/tickets-offers...-day-pass.html
    With the Saver Day Pass you can travel throughout Switzerland for a day on all routes in the GA area from as little as CHF 29 with a Half Fare Travelcard and from CHF 52 without a Half Fare Travelcard. Whether on SBB trains or trains of other rail companies, on boats, buses, trams or postbuses, the Saver Day Pass opens up a wide range of routes for you. Furthermore, the Saver Day Pass is available for both 1st and 2nd class. Buy your Saver Day Pass today via the smartphone app or online at SBB.ch.

So my understanding is that if one purchases a Day Saver Pass ahead of time for a particular day, then one gets a discount.
    For March 1, 2024 my Day Saver Pass 2nd class is 52chf for the trip from Zurich Flughaven to Rueras.
    For less than 5 train tickets in a 2 week period, the saver passes didn't pencil out

I signed up for the Swiss Pass, but never used it

I just bought train tickets each days travel as needed

^^Damn I looked at that page but that specific info is buried pretty deep in the FAQ and I did not look hard enough to find it. Many thanks Buster. Sounds like it won't be an issue.
    Last edited by yeahman; 11-29-2023 at 12:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    For less than 5 train tickets in a 2 week period, the saver passes didn't pencil out

I signed up for the Swiss Pass, but never used it

I just bought train tickets each days travel as needed
    If you're travelling more than 3 days, the Eurail pass is the best at $276 for a 4 day.

But for single days or less than 4 days travel in CH, I think the Day Saver is the best deal. If I'm wrong about the day saver, p[ease correct me and make the info available to everyone.

mofro261 in the Disentis sidecountry.

Just don't sit with Djongo on the train ride to the lift base on the first morning. He's a flower for the conductor bees.
    Well, I can't say as I ever remember being called a flower before; but you're not wrong. I'm gonna have my stuff dialed this time but I'll still stall for time for the rest of you mags.

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    Well, I can't say as I ever remember being called a flower before; but you're not wrong. I'm gonna have my stuff dialed this time but I'll still stall for time for the rest of you mags.
    I was only attempting to eschew the obvious and more common attractant analogy.

Need me some current photos....not going in March, but doing a couple nights with Vendul in the end of January. Can't wait!

I was only attempting to eschew the obvious and more common attractant analogy.
    Ok, Thanks for that.

wow, really late to the party this time around, 22 pages in... I'll join you guys for a few days (probably 2nd -5th o march) and as per usual: hit me up if you need to crash a couch in Zurich on your way around the alps.

Really looking forward to this!

I‘ll probably join you guys for the last weekend there as live about 2 hours away in Western Austria. If anybody happens to hit Montafon or Arlberg region before or after hit me up too. Oh nearly forgot just after as will be in JH in February

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

My brother has an Epic Pass this year. Anybody else on Epic? Do you need to stand in line every day to get your tickets? It says on the Epic site that the app cannot be used except as proof of a valid pass to receive tickets, and when you go to the ticket window you will receive an ASD access card.