Check Out Our Shop
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    The past is a foreign country; they do things differently there.

Quote Originally Posted by J. Barron DeJong View Post
    Fuck, that looked rough

Extra points!!!

Shoulda gone bigger.

Looks like perfect timing if he was trying to hit the chair.

The Golden Gate Bridge is a similar design. I've biked/walked across it when it was closed to vehicular traffic, and standing mid-span you could definitely feel the swaying of the roadway. Biked and rode a motorcyle over it may times when traffic was flowing normally and never felt that, but it definitely moves. Nothing like what's in the video above, though.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tacoma..._Bridge_(1940)

Danish Arctic explorer Peter Freuchen with his first wife, Navarana Mequpaluk in 1912. She would pass away from the Spanish Flu in 1921.

Freuchen went on to participate in several Arctic explorations, one including a 1,000 mile dogsled trip across Greenland. Freuchen also wrote more than a dozen books (fiction and non-fiction), participated in the Danish resistance against Germany during World War 2 and was imprisoned by the Nazis and sentenced to death, but managed to escape to Sweden. He eventually came to Hollywood and worked as a consultant and scriptwriter, but also starred in the Oscar winning movie "Eskimo" (1933). In 1956, he won $64,000 on "The $64,000 Question", an American quiz show.

But perhaps his most famous feat was barely escaping death when he once got trapped in a snow cave due to the warmth generated by his own breath, which created an impassable frozen crust that blocked the entrance.

He writes about the experience in one of his memoirs: “What a way to die…I gave up once more and let the hours pass without another move. But I recovered my strength while I rested and my morale improved. I was alive after all. I had not eaten for hours, but my digestion felt all right. I got a new idea! I had often seen dog’s dung in the sled track and had noticed that it would freeze as solid as a rock. Would not the cold have the same effect on human discharge? Repulsive as the thought was, I decided to try the experiment. I moved my bowels and from the excrement I managed to fashion a chisel-like instrument which I left to freeze…I was patient. I did not want to risk breaking my new tool by using it too soon…At last I decided to try my chisel and it worked!”

While he managed to escape, he was forced to amputate several of his toes and eventually lost his left foot entirely to frostbite.

In 1957, Freuchen died of a heart attack. Name:  20240516_232357.jpeg
Views: 345
Size:  36.5 KB
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

I'm not sure if Renaissance man is the right moniker. Certainly the guy was a certifiable legend. To be so damn legit in so many vastly different disciplines!
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

Hard. Core.

What a badass! His face says it all. He was the real life embodiment of Cave Johnson's lemon rant:
    ...“Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!”

Freuchen made life his bitch! Was recently talking to a friend who's dad was a B24 gunner stuffed into ball turrets in WWII. Dude got shot down twice, lost a ton of friends, and was captured by the Germans (this guy was Jewish mind you). Survived and continued to be a badass with a successful career post-war, like so many from that era. Contrast that with modern iPad kids now who are like "buT My AnXieTY!" and can't even handle the slightest social interaction. LMAO.

If we're talking about renaissance humans I offer the examples of Moe Berg and Hedy Lamarr. But Freuchen is in a league of his own.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	C4F23764-1230-44C7-A4DF-EBF5724BB9D8.jpeg 
Views:	51 
Size:	520.3 KB 
ID:	493830

That's a lot of whips.

Freuchin is a man of mystery and bold embellishments.

He did however do crazy shit in Greenland. Bonded with the Inuit.

But then he married a NYC socialite and paraded around in furs and hit the cocktail circuit.

His books are a fun read.
    I’ve just decided to be a middle aged somewhat depressed somewhat anxious fucktard until the end.

Name:  20240520_195759.jpeg
Views: 250
Size:  62.1 KB
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Looks like it would be tough for the pallbearers.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Looks like it would be tough for the pallbearers.
    Skid steer pallbearers man.

It seems silly. And possibly illegal. I don’t think you can get buried in your backyard. Would need a cemetery plot with a tree section.

Plus it’s very odd. A small tree with a rootball on top of a giant bag of mulch. You’re not really becoming a tree. You’re just buried under a tree.
    I’ve just decided to be a middle aged somewhat depressed somewhat anxious fucktard until the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Skid steer pallbearers man.

It seems silly. And possibly illegal. I don’t think you can get buried in your backyard. Would need a cemetery plot with a tree section.

Plus it’s very odd. A small tree with a rootball on top of a giant bag of mulch. You’re not really becoming a tree. You’re just buried under a tree.
    In three states it’s illegal WA, CA and IN

It’s better than being made into Soylent Green

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Coffins never made much sense to me. I guess if you have to ship a body home, but otherwise dig hole, put body in hole, put the dirt back. Plant a tree if you like.
    Or bury me with my prized possessions--my 64 strat, my Enforcers, my shoulder rabbet plane. I don't have any gold jewelry to bury with me, unless you count some gold-crowned teeth. Leave those in my mouth.

Lol yup! The ending especially. Oh, man...

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post

SOYLENT GREEN IS PE...oh you said that.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post

That's weird because Washington allows composting bodies