Check Out Our Shop

Thread: Koker Soles

Koker Soles

Have a pair of Korker wading boots. After climbing out of the river the other day I noticed I was missing one of the replaceable soles. No big deal. I ordered a new pair of of soles. But when I went to put it on I found that the stud/pin that holds the sole on the back of the boot was missing. Is this part replaceable? I couldn't find any parts on the googles. Boots have been my back up pair but have become my primary after my old ones bit the dust. They are most definitely out of warranty but have enough life to at least finish the year with. Plus I have a new pair of soles.

Thinking about just slapping the new soles on with a bunch of shoo goo or barge cement and wear them till they die. I surely won't be changing the soles out on these again. Any other options you can think of?

Or perhaps throw them in the trash where they probably belonged in the first place.

Its the boot on the right in the photo

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	thumbnail_IMG_8407.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	757.0 KB 
ID:	465942
    I'd rather die while I'm living then live while I'm dead

Ah, a tale as old as time. Skip to the end of this video for an explanation of why you should throw them in the trash immediately.

I had to chuckle when I saw Ben's video back when it came out, I'd definitely encountered multiple lost Korkers soles on my local rivers by then. People swear they've improved (so maybe you have the old system & the new soles aren't compatible), but I've seen enough anecdotal evidence to forever turn me off from the brand.
    Montani Semper Liberi

Fuck those stupid Korkers.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Koker Soles

So after probably 10 pairs of wading boots, (maybe 15 maybe more), anyway, I finally broke the bank and bought the Patagonia tractors. Had them two seasons & they are heavier than any other boot, (prolly), but they’re looking good so far, and get repaired for free.
    Save the non-felted Korkers for Yellowstone, whatever you buy, remember that felt is not allowed in Yellowstone (if you ever fish there).
    Last edited by plugboots; 07-28-2023 at 09:27 AM.

Thanks. I ended up deciding on dumping the Korkers and getting new boots. The Patagonia Tractors look great but at 5 bills??? Ended up with Simms G4 Pros on clearance for $230. I could buy two pair and still come out ahead. But hey in a couple hours after we all win the maga jillions jack pot I'll buy 10 of everything.

UR thanks for the tip on Huge Fly Fisher guy. I'm stuck at work trying to finish up my quarterly taxes and he's keeping me going.

Yeah, he's funny I guess.

That's a solid deal for the G4s. Peep the MSRP on the 2023 models. At least the Patagonias will last you forever, free repairs for the rest of your life
    Montani Semper Liberi

Koker Soles

Quote Originally Posted by MarsB View Post
    Yeah, he's funny I guess.

That's a solid deal for the G4s. Peep the MSRP on the 2023 models. At least the Patagonias will last you forever, free repairs for the rest of your life
    Yeah, it was definitely a big risk to get the tractors, but I really could only get a couple seasons out of boots. like I said, I’m into my second season & they still look pretty damn good. The best boots I’ve ever had (they don’t make anymore), Patagonia light weights that I still use for wet wading tiny creeks.
    Older than these but pretty similar. (course I’ve repaired them a ton).Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1690605924.421098.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	242.4 KB 
ID:	466044

I think they jumped in price, msrp is $450 now. Which is still cheaper than the new G4s.
    Last edited by MarsB; 07-31-2023 at 03:06 PM.
    Montani Semper Liberi

Quote Originally Posted by UTpowder View Post
    UR thanks for the tip on Huge Fly Fisher guy. I'm stuck at work trying to finish up my quarterly taxes and he's keeping me going.
    He posts here sometimes. Kind of a dick but good advice if you can wade through the bullshit.

Ya I figured out this guy was kind of a dick. But thanks for keeping me entertained while I was stuck doing my least favorite part of my job. You had me laughing several times.

Yeah he’s kinda a dick.

Here’s a pic from today:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1690864300.359355.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	266.9 KB 
ID:	466292