Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ... 39 40 41 42 43 44
Results 1,076 to 1,093 of 1093
  1. #1076
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Orangina
    Posts
    9,042
    Saban is legendary and unrivaled.

    But here's the multimillion dollar question: Did Saban make Alabama or did Alabama make Saban? I feel like Saban turned a decent program into a juggernaut and could have donenthe same at several SEC schools.

    It's an interesting question for prospective coaches. Bama has a devout fan base and incredible players but in this day and age, does it matter?

    Next 72 hours will be interesting.

    Sent from my SM-S918U1 using Tapatalk
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

  2. #1077
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    3,247
    Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend Floater View Post
    Saban is legendary and unrivaled.

    But here's the multimillion dollar question: Did Saban make Alabama or did Alabama make Saban? I feel like Saban turned a decent program into a juggernaut and could have donenthe same at several SEC schools.

    It's an interesting question for prospective coaches. Bama has a devout fan base and incredible players but in this day and age, does it matter?

    Next 72 hours will be interesting.

    Sent from my SM-S918U1 using Tapatalk
    This, people forget they were not such a national power when he took over the program. Similar to Michigan before Harbaugh showed up in Michigan.
    Whoever takes over Bama will have instant pressure and expectation to win the SEC every year and be in the hunt for the natty.
    Saban is/was next level as a coach and walking away as the whole scene is changing due to NIL and transfer portal.

  3. #1078
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    General Sherman's Favorite City
    Posts
    34,888
    Quote Originally Posted by fatnslow View Post
    This, people forget they were not such a national power when he took over the program. Similar to Michigan before Harbaugh showed up in Michigan.
    Lloyd Carr would like a word.




    Also, NCAA President validates Michigan's National Championship, so we can put any dreams of a revoked 'ship to bed:

    https://www.cleveland.com/osu/2024/0...breakfast.html
    I still call it The Jake.

  4. #1079
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    3,247
    Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Lloyd Carr would like a word.




    Also, NCAA President validates Michigan's National Championship, so we can put any dreams of a revoked 'ship to bed:

    https://www.cleveland.com/osu/2024/0...breakfast.html
    Post Lloyd Carr, #richrod-bradyhoke..............App State. They lost their way for awhile.

  5. #1080
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    General Sherman's Favorite City
    Posts
    34,888
    Quote Originally Posted by fatnslow View Post
    Post Lloyd Carr, #richrod-bradyhoke..............App State. They lost their way for awhile.
    Oh I gotcha, just having fun.

    Richrod is still so confusing.
    I still call it The Jake.

  6. #1081
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Orangina
    Posts
    9,042
    Happy to have a coach like Lanning. It would certainly appear that he actually means what he says.

    Sent from my SM-S918U1 using Tapatalk
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

  7. #1082
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    3,247
    Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend Floater View Post
    Happy to have a coach like Lanning. It would certainly appear that he actually means what he says.

    Sent from my SM-S918U1 using Tapatalk
    $20 mil buyout...................... all the resources in the world with half the pressure of Bama. 7 mil in Eugene Oregon goes far, real far.

  8. #1083
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Alta
    Posts
    2,846
    Love that Lanning not only came out and emphatically said heís staying at Oregon but used it as a recruiting pitch. ďAfraid your coach is going to leave? Come to OregonĒ. Ducks got lucky with the last 2 coaches bailing. Seems like Lanning (and more importantly his wife) are very content in Eugene. The fact that he got so many guys to play against evangelical fascist U in the Fiesta bowl speaks volumes to the culture heís creating.

  9. #1084
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Orangina
    Posts
    9,042
    Yup. And then just signed the number one player in the portal Evan Stewart. He's on a tear. Can't wait until Bama players start bailing.

    Also, DeBoer to Alabama, per CBS sports. What a great day to be a Duck.

    Sent from my SM-S918U1 using Tapatalk
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

  10. #1085
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Portland
    Posts
    17,444
    Quote Originally Posted by fatnslow View Post
    $20 mil buyout...................... all the resources in the world with half the pressure of Bama. 7 mil in Eugene Oregon goes far, real far.
    Evidently itís a lot more than $20 million. Regardless, impossible shoes to fill for whoever follows Saban. Iím think Kiffin or Sark, either would be comedy.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

  11. #1086
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Bend
    Posts
    266
    Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    Evidently itís a lot more than $20 million. Regardless, impossible shoes to fill for whoever follows Saban. Iím think Kiffin or Sark, either would be comedy.
    Prime to Alabama. The boosters wonít know what to do with themselves. ESPN can pay to get Taylor swift involved somehow. No brainer.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  12. #1087
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    burblandia
    Posts
    409
    Quote Originally Posted by atree View Post
    Prime to Alabama. The boosters wonít know what to do with themselves. ESPN can pay to get Taylor swift involved somehow. No brainer.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Wish it was Prime.

    DeBoer to Bama. Sucks for Huskies, heís a great coach and seemed like a good guy.

    Capitalizing on a couple really successful years with an exceptional qb at the helm, would have been interesting to see what he could have done post Penix. Heís been successful everywhere heís been but his stock would probably never be higher than right now.

    Carrollís out at Seahawks, Carroll to UW???
    Our great works of human enterprise will fade away with time. The mountain will endure. ~nps

  13. #1088
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    General Sherman's Favorite City
    Posts
    34,888
    Quote Originally Posted by Northway View Post
    Wish it was Prime.

    DeBoer to Bama. Sucks for Huskies, he’s a great coach and seemed like a good guy.

    Capitalizing on a couple really successful years with an exceptional qb at the helm, would have been interesting to see what he could have done post Penix. He’s been successful everywhere he’s been but his stock would probably never be higher than right now.

    Carroll’s out at Seahawks, Carroll to UW???
    Carroll to UW would be great. Come back and beat USC in conference again.
    I still call it The Jake.

  14. #1089
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Portland
    Posts
    17,444
    Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Carroll to UW would be great. Come back and beat USC in conference again.
    Carroll to the Chargers would be interesting as well.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

  15. #1090
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Portland
    Posts
    17,444
    Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Carroll to UW would be great. Come back and beat USC in conference again.
    Carroll to the Chargers would be interesting as well.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

  16. #1091
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    voting in seattle
    Posts
    5,092
    Last 12 days have been an absolute emotional roller coaster for UW fans. Insane whiplash, even if the writing was on the wall.

  17. #1092
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Alta
    Posts
    2,846
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1705116182.416430.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	424.5 KB 
ID:	482755

  18. #1093
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Orangina
    Posts
    9,042
    Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    Last 12 days have been an absolute emotional roller coaster for UW fans. Insane whiplash, even if the writing was on the wall.
    DeBoer hosed them. Weak recruiting for three years and he leaves them with nothing in the cupboard. It'll be interesting to see how much of Alabama's roster he retains. Kirby, Sark and Lane are licking their collective chops right now.

    Sent from my SM-S918U1 using Tapatalk
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •