Page 18 of 44 FirstFirst ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast
    It's time for Amazon to sue Deion Sanders.

This Oregon Washington game is legit. Penix is ridiculous (as are his receivers) but UW doesn't seem to have a lot of answers for Oregons run game.

Sent from my Pixel 8 Pro using Tapatalk
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

UW 2 three and outs not good. Bad play calling on UW's part. Ducks don't like kicking FG's. Take the points that early in the 2nd half.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

My blood pressure is absolutely through the roof! LETíS GO DUCKS!

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

I was gonna say, Ducks playing not to lose, after 3 conservative plays in a row, but then they GO FOR IT on 4th and 2?!? What the.. where was that play on 2nd or 3rd down??

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Joe View Post
    I was gonna say, Ducks playing not to lose, after 3 conservative plays in a row, but then they GO FOR IT on 4th and 2?!? What the.. where was that play on 2nd or 3rd down??
    Lanning is a tool.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

WOW. Just, wow.

That loss is 100% on Dan Lanning. Just like Chip lost us the championship against Auburn by not kicking FGs, Lanning has now lost 2 games against the Fuskies due to bad coaching decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by altacoup View Post
    That loss is 100% on Dan Lanning. Just like Chip lost us the championship against Auburn by not kicking FGs, Lanning has now lost 2 games against the Fuskies due to bad coaching decisions.

No doubt. Aggressive, rah, rah, rah! Just take the points. Give them a long field. Grow up and win.

Huskies took same chances, second to last drive FG would have put them within a stop and a FG for a win.

All I know is Penix won it on two absolute dimes that last drive. Go Huskies.
    Our great works of human enterprise will fade away with time. The mountain will endure. ~nps

Penix definitely outplayed Nix, who made some really bad throws and decisions. Rushed an easy touchdown throw on 3rd down tight before the half. Hope Lanning can recruit a good QB be lost Dante Moore on signing day last year.

It's great to see the ranked PAC 12 teams fold right on schedule like any other normal season. Way to keep it real!

LaCeS oUt!!! LaCeS oUt!!! LaCeS oUt!!! LaCeS oUt!!! LaCeS oUt!!! LaCeS oUt!!! LaCeS oUt!!! LaCeS oUt!!! LaCeS oUt!!! LaCeS oUt!!! LaCeS oUt!!!
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

You would think that after 2 4th and goal failures, and not taking the points that Lanning would have just punted. He must have thought he was due for a conversion. Who knows, it might not have mattered anyway. I mean, maybe it would have been 4 plays and 55 seconds for UW to score instead of 2 and 33 seconds.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by altacoup View Post
    Penix definitely outplayed Nix, who made some really bad throws and decisions. Rushed an easy touchdown throw on 3rd down tight before the half. Hope Lanning can recruit a good QB be lost Dante Moore on signing day last year.
    That's funny, Lanning gave that game away passing on 2 field goals and not punting on the last possession. Young arrogance is still pretty deep with that one. Nix is good enough to keep you in the game but you can't be an arrogant coach.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    You would think that after 2 4th and goal failures, and not taking the points that Lanning would have just punted. He must have thought he was due for a conversion. Who knows, it might not have mattered anyway. I mean, maybe it would have been 4 plays and 55 seconds for UW to score instead of 2 and 33 seconds.
    While I think it was a terrible call, I think you might be right. UW would have likely scored anyway and left less time on the clock. Still the wrong call.

Hell of a game and both those teams look better than I've seen them in quite a while. Can't wait to see one of them (or both) square up against a big time opponent.

"All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

Also, Bucky Irving is severely underrated.

Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend Floater View Post
    While I think it was a terrible call, I think you might be right. UW would have likely scored anyway and left less time on the clock. Still the wrong call.

Hell of a game and both those teams look better than I've seen them in quite a while. Can't wait to see one of them (or both) square up against a big time opponent.

Don't worry, they both get the Beavs at the end of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    Don't worry, they both get the Beavs at the end of the season.
    I was thinking that, too. The pac10(12) tradition of ruining someoneís season in November is special. If the the Ducks rolled into the civil war undefeated you could pretty much guarantee that the Beavers would take them down. Such a bummer that that will be no more.

Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend Floater View Post
    Also, Bucky Irving is severely underrated.

Bucky is an absolute stud, doesnít go down without at least 3 tacklers (you can bet all the scouts in the stadium are salivating at being able to draft him for nothing in the 3rd or 4th round). Why he wasnít running the ball on the ducks last 3rd down run is inexplicable (James is good but not as elusive). I do think that Lanning and his recruiting prowess will be good for the ducks heading forward. Heíll eventually learn his lessons, even Chip has backed off his always going for it tendencies. The remaining schedule for both teams is absolutely brutal. Despite the Cougs completely self destructing tonight theyíll probably beat either the fuskies, swamp rats or ducks. PAC12 is by far the best conference this year, yet Iíll be surprised if any team makes the playoff as mutual self destruction will commence and college football fans will have to suffer a Ohio st, Michigan, Georgia, Alabama (fox vs ESPN) playoff.

Suck it USC. IRISH!

Quote Originally Posted by seano732 View Post
    Suck it USC. IRISH!
    75% of the state of Oklahoma says THANK YOU!

They crushed this one: https://youtu.be/JixQVXGhH-o?si=xr6vSHbtXl8jMKnc

Sent from my SM-S918U using TGR Forums mobile app

Wow, Michigan might be done for this season..

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/sp...g/71257784007/

I just read about collectives paying football players in the nyt
    https://www.nytimes.com/2023/10/21/u...llectives.html
    wow, that is depressing how quickly NIL got abused and distorted
    a scholarship player at Mich St is getting a $750k salary
    every UoU scholarship player gets a $61k truck to use for no cost

i mean good for them individually, but i'm guessing the ladies water polo team isn't getting anything