Check Out Our Shop
Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast

Thread: NHL 2023 Season

Kinda odd how the NBA and NHL series are so parallel, game 4 blowouts by the team down 0-3.

More like a parallel with the drama of the old WWF. It’s all for the crowds (wallet).

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    Kinda odd how the NBA and NHL series are so parallel, game 4 blowouts by the team down 0-3.
    I just finished the game and was thinking the same thing. Down 3-0 and up 3-0. Mindsets differ a bit and these two games proved it.

Both teams leading 3-0 were confident enough to let themselves get blown out in game 4, produce some more $$$ for the league, and go back home to finish the job in front of their own fans?

I think someone found the off switch for the magnets Sergei had hidden in his pads and glove.
    I see hydraulic turtles.

Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    I think someone found the off switch for the magnets Sergei had hidden in his pads and glove.
    I hope it stays off.
    "Let's be careful out there."

We got a muhfuckin developing situation.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    swing your fucking sword.

What the actual fuck are the refs doing out there.

Way more heavy handed than they need to be in a series deciding game. I’m pulling the the Oilers but Florida has had some real softies called against them. Then this last one against Hyman?!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Bennett trying to legit injure and take Skinner out. Yeah I was told to give it up though.

Oilers need to regain some aggression or they're going to blow this game

Wow Oilers!!

Gonna be so fun to watch Roger’s place on Friday. Those fans are going to be half the show.
    They are gonna be wild.

Half tempted to drive 14hrs to watch in the Moss Pit.

WTG Oilers !

They are going to be pumped back home and can be all business heading back for game 7 if they can hold home court on game 6.
    TGR forums cannot handle SkiCougar !

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    All parallels now out the fucking window. That game 5 was an entirely entertaining affair. The reffing was atrocious though. Game 6 should be a barn burner. Go oilstains!
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

I don't know about the reffing being bad. That embellishment on Tkachuk was golden. As Ferraro explained it--when you get hooked you fall backwards. Falling forward is for getting tripped. Tkachuk got mixed up.

I wouldn't want to be a hockey ref. (I was a hockey ref for one game. Not fun.) There's probably a legitmate penalty that could be called by the book every minute or so. Especially if you count penalties away from the puck. Except for shooting the puck out of the rink and some blatant trips, just about every call is a judgement call. None subject to review except majors. True in every sport I suppose--want to try to call balls and strikes?--but more so in hockey I think.

Quote Originally Posted by garyfromterrace View Post
    All parallels now out the fucking window. That game 5 was an entirely entertaining affair. The reffing was atrocious though. Game 6 should be a barn burner. Go oilstains!
    THIS. That final sequence was INSANE…..

Quote Originally Posted by seano732 View Post
    THIS. That final sequence was INSANE…..
    Amazing save, but liked the goal better

Go, Oilers!

Quote Originally Posted by skuff View Post
    Amazing save, but liked the goal better

Go, Oilers!
    Agreed go Oilers… Tkachuk (sp?) should straight up bitch slap whoever that was on Florida who just gave up on the play following his goal line save…. Rogers is gonna be lit, especially if tit flashing girl is there.

You spelled it right. I look it up every time. I'm hating the guy a little less after seeing that save.

The Turtle is honestly one of the most annoying players. He is a sucker and rabbit punching, shit talking, tantrum throwing, blind-side hit throwing, diving, instigator.

Catch the YouTube videos of the accidental hot mic in a Boston series. Saying absolutely disgusting things about other men’s wives.

Guy has daddy issues. When he scored his first hat trick the old man didn’t throw his hat and hardly clapped for him.

Loved the embellishment attempt. Guy looked like he got shot from a sniper and good on the refs for finally calling it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Hood26 View Post
    The Turtle is honestly one of the most annoying players. He is a sucker and rabbit punching, shit talking, tantrum throwing, blind-side hit throwing, diving, instigator.

Catch the YouTube videos of the accidental hot mic in a Boston series. Saying absolutely disgusting things about other men’s wives.

Guy has daddy issues. When he scored his first hat trick the old man didn’t throw his hat and hardly clapped for him.

Loved the embellishment attempt. Guy looked like he got shot from a sniper and good on the refs for finally calling it out.
    Is that his nickname? At least it's not Chucker. Throwing and "er" on the end of someone's name is a lame nickname.

But did you hate him when he was in Calgary?

I can’t tell if the love is for a Canadian team, or for the Oil in particular.

Quote Originally Posted by Jumper Bones View Post
    But did you hate him when he was in Calgary?

I can’t tell if the love is for a Canadian team, or for the Oil in particular.
    Only love for the Oil from me.

No, I didn’t like Turtle or Bennett when in Calgary. I also don’t have any respect for Nick Campbell, but I will take solace in knowing he is universally hated; check out Bieksa calling him out.

Florida game plan tonight is to play greasy. I hope the Oil rise above.

Quote Originally Posted by Hood26 View Post
    I hope it stays off.
    Amen!!! Can I getting a fucking Amen?!?!?

McDavid gets this to a game 7 tonight. He is unstoppable right now. C U Monday night.