Check Out Our Shop
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 423

Thread: NHL 2023 Season

  1. #51
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    The Bull City
    Posts
    14,003
    Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    When did hockey players and other pro athletes having parents become a thing? Growing up you never saw mention of athletes' parents when watching TV sports, although I'm sure most players had parents. We never used to see the camera focusing on the parents when their kid scored a goal or a TD. Frankly, it's kind of depressing to see a beautiful, graceful athlete do something spectacular and then the camera pans to a fat old man and you realize that wonderful athlete will turn into that fat old man one day.
    Pretty sure that hockey mom's HAWT!
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    truckee
    Posts
    23,407
    Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    Pretty sure that hockey mom's HAWT!
    You're into Sarah Palin?

    And to be fair, not all hockey players turn into fat old men. Gretsky is hanging in there pretty well. We'll see how he does in 10 years.

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Upland, CA
    Posts
    5,576
    Allegedly Per Per didn’t necessarily bang Connor’s mom, but rather a team employee. Wonder what went down?!?

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    206
    Quote Originally Posted by Jumper Bones View Post
    Allegedly Per Per didn’t necessarily bang Connor’s mom, but rather a team employee. Wonder what went down?!?
    The mom thing was literally from one source on twitter, everyone just wanted it to be true

    Him harassing or otherwise being involved with an employee that generated fallout makes a lot more sense.

    Either way it seems to be a costly decision by Perry

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Posts
    11,846

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    O+Positive
    Posts
    2,982
    Happy for Jars! It's cool too, because his backup hit one playing down in Wilkes-Barre last week.

    Long-time Pens fan, I was shocked that it was a franchise first. I remember the Flower coming close a few times; would have figured Barrasso would have gotten one.
    Montani Semper Liberi

  7. #57
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Location
    in a freezer in Italy
    Posts
    7,370
    Where's Diamond Joe? Misery in Toronto usually brings him out.

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    truckee
    Posts
    23,407
    Got to the VGK-Caps game last night. Now I can say I’ve seen Howe AND Ovechkin play live, although Ovi didn’t do anything. He didn’t even touch the puck on Caps one pp. Eichel is fun to watch—goal and 2 assists. I love the speed and skill game.

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Posts
    11,846

    NHL 2023 Season

    Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Got to the VGK-Caps game last night. Now I can say I’ve seen Howe AND Ovechkin play live, although Ovi didn’t do anything. He didn’t even touch the puck on Caps one pp. Eichel is fun to watch—goal and 2 assists. I love the speed and skill game.
    Oh cool! That was a fun game to be at I’m sure! The Caps are coming through Phoenix Monday so maybe I should try to get there to see Ovi one more time.

    Eichel has certainly silenced all of his critics the last two years, huh?

  10. #60
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Posts
    322
    Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    Where's Diamond Joe? Misery in Toronto usually brings him out.
    Whut? We got a point eh. And Brad is a bad bad man.

  11. #61
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Location
    in a freezer in Italy
    Posts
    7,370
    It was a good game, nice job by the Leafs tying it up late, my wife called it as soon as the goalie left although she said it would be with 3 seconds to go. Marchand, say what you will, he's a player.

  12. #62
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Posts
    322
    The guy is a villain...until he plays on your team.

    Reminds me I need to go out and get some skates. My old ones hurt like heck. Would love to tack some blades onto the bottoms of my T2Xs. That would be the bee's knees.

    Golf Leafs golf.

  13. #63
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    truckee
    Posts
    23,407
    Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    Oh cool! That was a fun game to be at I’m sure! The Caps are coming through Phoenix Monday so maybe I should try to get there to see Ovi one more time.

    Eichel has certainly silenced all of his critics the last two years, huh?
    Watching Eichel score on that breakaway was like watching Messi shooting PK's--just another day at the office. It's going in and there's nothing you can do about it.

  14. #64
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Posts
    11,846
    Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Watching Eichel score on that breakaway was like watching Messi shooting PK's--just another day at the office. It's going in and there's nothing you can do about it.
    He looked so unbothered on that one. I was more nervous watching it on TV I think.

    Made it to see Ovi. He looks old in person.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2156.JPG 
Views:	25 
Size:	177.7 KB 
ID:	478365

  15. #65
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Posts
    11,846
    Holy hell the caps are useless. Lost 6-0, looked so old and slow.

  16. #66
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    truckee
    Posts
    23,407
    Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    Holy hell the caps are useless. Lost 6-0, looked so old and slow.
    Or jet lagged. They looked slow in Vegas too. Has there ever been a study looking at the outcomes of games in any sport plotted against the distance traveled by the away team. And fatigue--Thursday night football is a bad idea unless both teams are coming off of a bye.

  17. #67
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Posts
    11,846
    Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Or jet lagged. They looked slow in Vegas too. Has there ever been a study looking at the outcomes of games in any sport plotted against the distance traveled by the away team. And fatigue--Thursday night football is a bad idea unless both teams are coming off of a bye.
    I know jet lag is a thing that's been studied in the NFL for sure, but the Caps are useless everywhere this year, I think. Worst powerplay in the league, one of the lowest goals per game. Ovi could barely skate last night. He's clearly way past his prime, and should move to a role player not the prime superstar of the team, but I'm not sure he or the Caps would be ok with that. Kuznetzov should probably be cut for his lack of effort. At least Tom Wilson cares.

  18. #68
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    truckee
    Posts
    23,407
    Hope there are no Islander fans here. Blowing a 3 goal lead over the Sharks in the last 5 minutes--two goals with the Sharks goalie pulled--and then losing in OT with 2 seconds left, and doing it at home. Sad.

  19. #69
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    truckee
    Posts
    2,090
    ^^ raises hand.

    But as an Isles fan, we have seen this a disturbing amount of times this season.
    -Blowing a 3rd period lead
    -Losing in OT

    But a 3 goal lead to loss against the absolute last team in the league was just amazing.

    Heads should be rolling soon. Hopefully.

  20. #70
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    2,543
    Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    Where's Diamond Joe? Misery in Toronto usually brings him out.
    Misery? Was a good game, back and forth, yudge goal by Matthews to tie it with 4 seconds left, and then Woll stops 11(?) shots in OT?

    Listen I know misery, believe me - this wasn't it.

  21. #71
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Posts
    11,846
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2188.JPG 
Views:	30 
Size:	208.1 KB 
ID:	479631

    I guess the gummy has kicked in
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2184.JPG 
Views:	26 
Size:	304.9 KB 
ID:	479633

  22. #72
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    206
    I saw the Knights play the Avs back in November, good times.

    Ovie has been hanging on way too long, he doesn't seem to have the work ethic to stay relevant like Crosby, however the Penguins aren't doing a whole lot better

    It's inevitable with the salary cap that the star players become a burden as they age out, they all sign huge contracts for 10 years in their late 20s which means whatever team they are on in their late 30s are overpaying.

    there's something to be said about the deferred contracts like MLB, but I guess that'll just drive the cost up even more. Maybe it's just the price you pay for signing a superstar.
    Ideally you get another young draft pick that can be mentored by your aging star and restart the cycle.

  23. #73
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Posts
    11,846
    Went to another Knights game last night and they beat the Sens so bad they fired their coach this morning. Lol.

    I will say that I had a much better time at this one than against Buffalo. Sabres fans around me were maybe the worst fans I’ve ever seen. They spent the whole night booing and talking shit about Eichel like he didn’t just win a cup his first full year out of Buffalo, then celebrated like they won three cup when they beat the Knights. Some real loser energy from them. Lol.

  24. #74
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    5,802
    So Ottawa fired their coach, and they’re going to try to relive the glory days by re-instating Jacques Martin, with Daniel Alfredsson assisting?

  25. #75
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    truckee
    Posts
    2,090
    Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    Went to another Knights game last night and they beat the Sens so bad they fired their coach this morning. Lol.

    I will say that I had a much better time at this one than against Buffalo. Sabres fans around me were maybe the worst fans I’ve ever seen. They spent the whole night booing and talking shit about Eichel like he didn’t just win a cup his first full year out of Buffalo, then celebrated like they won three cup when they beat the Knights. Some real loser energy from them. Lol.
    You've never been to Buffalo, have you?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •