Check Out Our Shop
Page 59 of 60 FirstFirst ... 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,475 of 1495
    This is interesting on Jaylen Brown. Knew he was a smart dude. Didn’t know all this though - https://www.instagram.com/p/C8Xbq7LR...1mb2g1cXVhdA==

An internship at NASA? Teaching robotics at MIT? Wild

Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    Years of rebuilding.
    There was a chart on one of the sports websites, (forget which one) the rebuilding that went all the way back to 2016. So it took 8 years to realize that championship. Although the Celts fell short of expectations back in 2022.

ETA: Link to article on rebuild process for Celtics

https://au.sports.yahoo.com/the-celt...152719517.html
    Last edited by Toadman; 06-19-2024 at 12:18 PM. Reason: Found the link
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

What changes does Boston make in the off season?
    None. For serial. Everyone important is under contract, and if Kornet and Tillman will sign for the minimum, keep them.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by t-the-east View Post
    This is interesting on Jaylen Brown. Knew he was a smart dude. Didn’t know all this though - https://www.instagram.com/p/C8Xbq7LR...1mb2g1cXVhdA==

An internship at NASA? Teaching robotics at MIT? Wild
    I've seen that before but only on social media so no idea if it is all true.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Not knocking the guy and I'm sure he's smart but some of that stuff is a little exaggerated. He took a cultural sports education class at Cal. The idea that he enrolled in a bunch of masters level courses is complete horse shit and not even allowed (I went there and have friends who are professors currently). There are many "grad student level" courses not in the general curriculum. It's just how they classify them. I took one studying the films of the Coen Brothers - I guess I'm a genius now.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    None. For serial. Everyone important is under contract, and if Kornet and Tillman will sign for the minimum, keep them.
    Is there a good page for that? This one seems dated: https://www.spotrac.com/nba/boston-celtics/contracts

Is there a good page for that? This one seems dated: https://www.spotrac.com/nba/boston-celtics/contracts
    yeah, that one isn't correct. This one seems correct based on what I know: https://www.basketball-reference.com/contracts/BOS.html

I wonder if the Celtics flip back into the second round as second round contracts don’t count toward the luxury tax. Team seems pretty set.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    yeah, that one isn't correct. This one seems correct based on what I know: https://www.basketball-reference.com/contracts/BOS.html
    Who on Earth is Springer and why does he get twice what Hauser gets???

The Jaylen Brown stuff is accurate but misleading. I used to run an AI ethics education research project and have collaborated with a number of Media Lab folks. The talks he gave at MIT and Harvard were about algorithmic bias. Jaylen wasn't teaching computing or engineering. He was talking about the consequences of racist AI. He isn't an expert on this topic, but he certainly understands it well and is someone who can talk about it in a way that makes young nerds listen. Jaylen is a smart guy with social conscience. There is no need to make him out to be some sort of mad scientist.

Who on Earth is Springer and why does he get twice what Hauser gets???
    First round pick traded from Philadelphia. Excellent wing defender with athleticism, but a developing offensive game. Philadelphia was looking to clear cap space and Celtics took advantage. He should get regular minutes next year.

Hauser signed as an undrafted free agent and thus why the low salary.

Quote Originally Posted by cat in january View Post
    First round pick traded from Philadelphia. Excellent wing defender with athleticism, but a developing offensive game. Philadelphia was looking to clear cap space and Celtics took advantage. He should get regular minutes next year.

Hauser signed as an undrafted free agent and thus why the low salary.
    Still ain't right. Hauser came off the bench before even Pritchard in some of the finals. 6th man in the house!

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    I get people hate Boston teams because we have a good run, but even Tom Brady didn't get this knock against him. Can't seem to really place my finger on why this Celtics team is getting the business for it, but they got the banner, and people remember that far longer than say an injury to some guy on the Pacers.
    Brady did get this knock all the time. "The Patriots play in the AFC East against terrible teams like the Jets and Dolphins giving them a easy path to a great regular season record and byes for the first round of the playoffs". The thing is the Pats beat everyone from every conference the same way. It was just that the Pats were so much better than everyone else. Same thing we saw with the Celtics this year.
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

What does Brad Stevens do with D White and Big Al after next season? Two integral pieces of the team. It would suck to lose whatever amount of basketball Al wants to play with the remainder of his career. I not sure he's ready for a veteran minimum paycheck. And White will presumably want more money. Luxury taxes?

White is eligible for an extension on July 1. I suspect they'll get that done this summer.

Luxury taxes?
    Oh the Celtics will be paying a lot of luxury tax. Back-to-back seasons with record breaking contract extensions (brown and Tatum). Plus Jrue and KP both will be making around $30 mil/yr.

But if you are able to win multiple titles, it’s probably worth it

What does Brad Stevens do with D White and Big Al after next season? Two integral pieces of the team. It would suck to lose whatever amount of basketball Al wants to play with the remainder of his career. I not sure he's ready for a veteran minimum paycheck. And White will presumably want more money. Luxury taxes?
    I think Horford will retire or take on a substantially reduce paycheck to be a roll player off the bench. Nothing left for him to achieve now other than enjoying the ride.
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.

Quote Originally Posted by From_the_NEK View Post
    I think Horford will retire or take on a substantially reduce paycheck to be a roll player off the bench. Nothing left for him to achieve now other than enjoying the ride.
    He already announced he’s returning for next year

Quote Originally Posted by t-the-east View Post
    He already announced he’s returning for next year
    Right, under his current contract and that is great news. We're talking about the following year.

Right, under his current contract and that is great news. We're talking about the following year.
    This.

He was supposed to be an off the bench player this year. Pretty nice to have Horford as a 6th man. And then KP got injured and Al stepped up big league. He deserves his ring.

He was supposed to be an off the bench player this year. Pretty nice to have Horford as a 6th man. And then KP got injured and Al stepped up big league. He deserves his ring.
    With KP's injury history, Brad knew they needed to keep Al around as a backup.

With KP's injury history, Brad knew they needed to keep Al around as a backup.
    2024 champs!!!

JJ Reddick as the Lakers' new head coach?

So Bron's podcast partner is the new lead man in LA? Guess we can pencil in Bronny with the 17th pick in the draft and LeBron retiring as a Laker.
    I still call it The Jake.

Caruso for Giddey, first trade of the new season.

Good trade for both teams, IMO.