Check Out Our Shop
Page 38 of 49 FirstFirst ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ... LastLast
    Complaining about a chant like that against a player from Philly is pretty funny.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Time for predictions. I’ve got Boston over Denver in the Finals.
    Participants correct, champion incorrect.

Actually more concerned with the Nuggets getting out of the west finals. OKC has proven a bad matchup

I feel like what happened in the Nuggets regular season is meaningless. Playoff Nuggets are very different.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Boston failed. Failed to choke that is. They did try it out for a bit though in the 4th.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I feel like what happened in the Nuggets regular season is meaningless. Playoff Nuggets are very different.
    This happens every single season where way too much is made out of regular season games, often lacking context (key players out, playing a back to back, last game of a long road trip, etc).
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Complaining about a chant like that against a player from Philly is pretty funny.
    Definitely not complaining. I thought it was funny

The Brunson flop.....anyway, it'll be over quickly if the sixers cannot rebound or get bench points. So far the moment too big for buddy heild. Nurse needs to give minutes to council iv.

Goodness, that was quite a finish for Jamal and Denver
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

2023/2024 NBA THREAD: WHO WANTS TO GO ON PARADE?!?

Holy shit what a shot by Murray. Ball Arena was fucking wild.

The refs put on a masterclass of fuckery at end of the Knicks Sixers game. But the sixers still choked that away. Make one inbounds, call one TO correctly, get one board, that game is over .

Still, missing multiple attempts at calling TO , and Maxey getting his jersey ripped off on the inbound were egregious.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Both games were wild at the end. The Knicks-Sixers game, I thought it really odd that for all the times they replayed the sequence, they always showed the same distant angle, never did see a close up of what was happening with Maxey. So no idea what happened, were they intentionally not showing it because he was mugged?

And the Nuggets game, while the end of the game didn't seem to have any blown calls, there was one fairly late call that was overturned after a challenge, a supposed foul of DLo by MPJ that the refs ruled marginal contact after the replay. MPJ clearly knocked the ball free then clearly hit DLo on the face. Are players allowed to smack another player in the face so long as it happens after they knock the ball loose? Even if you say it's not a shooting foul, wouldn't that be a loose ball foul? There were some calls -- and successful replay challenges -- that had me baffled.

Come on Cavs!

I still call it The Jake.

One thing re the Knicks game that I have seen people talk about is how Nurse was desperately trying to call TO but the refs wouldn't give it to him, which is a load of BS. If you watch the replays and focus on Nurse and not the ball, he makes one half-hearted attempt to call TO after the made bucket but certainly isn't trying hard and it was just a single TO motion (and a ref that is focused on the game wouldn't see or give that TO to anyone). Then, after Maxey gets the ball, you finally see Nurse frantically try to call TO right about the time Maxey lost the ball. Now, Maxey may have been fouled, I don't know, but the notion that the refs screwed the Sixers because they wouldn't give Nurse the TO is BS.

Agree about Nurse. He half assed gestured for TO ,almost like he didn't really want to take it while Lowery had the ball before he inbounded. No reason not to aggressively take TO there when it doesn't go in instantly, why Inbound under your own basket in that situation. Terrible coaching .

But Maxey had two hands pulling his jersey backwards. Clear foul.

Still , fucking box out and get a board and game is still over.

Sixers got boned , but still choked.

Oh and please fire Tobias into the sun

^^^^that and Lowry should of called timeout if he couldn't get the ball in...christ he's in the league long enough to know that.

Lakers fans whining about the refs is high comedy. Sorry but your franchise gets more foul calls gifted than any other team and you blew a 20 point lead. Boo-fucking-hoo.

Lakers fans whining about the refs is high comedy. Sorry but your franchise gets more foul calls gifted than any other team and you blew a 20 point lead. Boo-fucking-hoo.
    Giggle.

Stephen A would like a word.
    I still call it The Jake.

this video at least has a different angle than I have seen before (start around 2:10), and they replay it a couple of times: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ozs4LK_Kul8

Maxey was fouled on the initial inbounds pass (jersey held, although TBH right before that he pushed off which also was a foul, so kind of a wash). But he got control of the ball, but then it looked like he just fell, I didn't see a foul there (but admittedly still haven't seen a great angle for that). His HUDGE mistake was he tried to pass the ball from the ground (that's what it looks like at least) which allowed the Knicks to take it.

Honestly, on the scale of "blown calls" there seems to be very little here.

this video at least has a different angle than I have seen before (start around 2:10), and they replay it a couple of times: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ozs4LK_Kul8

Maxey was fouled on the initial inbounds pass (jersey held, although TBH right before that he pushed off which also was a foul, so kind of a wash). But he got control of the ball, but then it looked like he just fell, I didn't see a foul there (but admittedly still haven't seen a great angle for that). His HUDGE mistake was he tried to pass the ball from the ground (that's what it looks like at least) which allowed the Knicks to take it.

Honestly, on the scale of "blown calls" there seems to be very little here.
    The NBA itself disagrees .....

Last 2 Min report

Q4 00:27.2 Foul: Offensive Tyrese Maxey Josh Hart CNC

Comment: Maxey (PHI) brings his hands towards Hart (NYK) and marginal contact occurs as Maxey releases away from Hart during the inbound. An attempt to call a timeout by Coach Nurse (PHI) during this play is neither recognized nor granted by the officials.

Q4 00:27.0 Foul: Personal Jalen Brunson Tyrese Maxey INC

Comment: Brunson (NYK) pulls Maxey's (PHI) jersey away from his body, which affects Maxey's ability to secure the pass.

Q4 00:24.9 Foul: Personal Josh Hart Tyrese Maxey INC

Comment: Hart (NYK) steps forward into Maxey's (PHI) space and initiates lower body contact that causes Maxey to lose his balance and fall to the floor.

Love this . The NBA is admitting they cost the sixers the game , with 2 blow calls on one play, and missed granting the TIme Out. And the repercussions for it.... Zero. 2-0 Knicks.

I hate the last two minutes bullshit. Do the entire 4th quarter or don’t bother. I remember some games where one team was getting ridiculous foul calls in their favor all game long and then the refs blew a few at the very end and their fans were crying about it. It’s silly. Not saying that applies in this case but a major call could go down with 2 minutes and 20 seconds left and not be reviewed by the league.

I hate the last two minutes bullshit. Do the entire 4th quarter or don’t bother. I remember some games where one team was getting ridiculous foul calls in their favor all game long and then the refs blew a few at the very end and their fans were crying about it. It’s silly. Not saying that applies in this case but a major call could go down with 2 minutes and 20 seconds left and not be reviewed by the league.
    Agree . The L2M is generally dumb. But in this case it helps sort out what actually happened in that scrum at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Duffman View Post
    The NBA itself disagrees .....

Last 2 Min report

Q4 00:27.2 Foul: Offensive Tyrese Maxey Josh Hart CNC

Comment: Maxey (PHI) brings his hands towards Hart (NYK) and marginal contact occurs as Maxey releases away from Hart during the inbound. An attempt to call a timeout by Coach Nurse (PHI) during this play is neither recognized nor granted by the officials.

Q4 00:27.0 Foul: Personal Jalen Brunson Tyrese Maxey INC

Comment: Brunson (NYK) pulls Maxey's (PHI) jersey away from his body, which affects Maxey's ability to secure the pass.

Q4 00:24.9 Foul: Personal Josh Hart Tyrese Maxey INC

Comment: Hart (NYK) steps forward into Maxey's (PHI) space and initiates lower body contact that causes Maxey to lose his balance and fall to the floor.

Love this . The NBA is admitting they cost the sixers the game , with 2 blow calls on one play, and missed granting the TIme Out. And the repercussions for it.... Zero. 2-0 Knicks.

eh, I don't see it. And they do not say the timeout should have been granted, they just say that Nurse signaled for one. He did. But if you focus on him during the whole exchange, it was a pretty meek call for that moment, done quickly once then not again (until after Maxey was on the ground losing the ball).

There are blown calls all the time. These just didn't strike me as egregious. :shrug: And sure, I was hoping for a Knicks win, but I am more than willing to admit when a team got robbed (for ex, even though rooting hard for the Nuggets, I think reversing the foul call on MPJ was utter bullshit, he slapped Russell in the face! at worst it should have been changed to a loose ball foul). These missed foul calls didn't lead to Maxey seemingly trying to pass the ball while on the ground, which is why he lost the ball, and didn't lead to Hartenstein getting the rebound.

FWIW, that report also said there was a foul on Embiid that wasn't called near the end. Only difference there was Divencenzo managed to escape the contact and pass to Brunson, who hit a shot.

The Sixers choked hard.