Check Out Our Shop
Page 2 of 56 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 1395
  1. #26
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    I can still smell Poutine.
    Posts
    25,011
    I don't want Porzingas.

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    6,781
    Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    I don't want Porzingas.
    Well then you’ll be happy the trade just fell through.

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Behind the Zion Curtain
    Posts
    4,921
    You still got him, but Smart shipped out.

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Not in the PRB
    Posts
    33,264
    I'll have to think about this one for a while.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Fresh Lake City
    Posts
    4,599
    I think it's a good trade for the grizzlies. Smart is just what they need.

    I don't like porzingis but if he plays up to his potential the Cs will be damn good. Plus two first round picks for smart is a nice kicker. They certainly needed to shake things up. I think it's a good trade for the Celtics too.

    Wizards get a sign n trade for a player that was going to opt out.

    Good trade all around.

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Maine Coast
    Posts
    4,737
    The twist on the trade will take a bit to digest. Smart had conflicts with Brown so maybe this settles the locker room. Porzingis played real well last year. Interested to see what the supposed handshake extension is.

    I wonder how low GS goes next year. Green likely is returning, but without him and an injury to Steph or Klay could be really good. Draft picks have become much more valuable for cheap contracts to high priced teams.

    Are the Celtics done making moves?

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    I can still smell Poutine.
    Posts
    25,011
    I'd rather get rid of Brown.

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    ne pennsylvania
    Posts
    4,901
    celts with more #1 picks coming....g-dammit! come on Daryl!!! stop sitting there. at least dump tobias. celts not done....
    Last edited by cinnepa; 06-22-2023 at 06:50 AM.

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    5,741

    2023/2024 NBA THREAD: WHO WANTS TO GO ON PARADE?!?

    Deal: https://twitter.com/KeithSmithNBA/st...869053442?s=20

    Celtics now have Porzingis, Horford, and Williams at big. That’s a lot of cap space. They’re not done making moves. Dunno who wants Horford though. So, shop Williams?

    Or, do Celtics keep trying to shop Brogdon? (How’s his injury?)

    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    ne pennsylvania
    Posts
    4,901
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I'm curious, do you think it will be addition by subtraction? That him leaving will make the team better? He may not be worth the money they'd have to pay him, but they won't have cap room to replace him, and I don't think they're better without him.
    i just don't want a 4 year deal....sixers screwed with cap space and picks so most likely staying, but unfortunately some of his playoff history showed up last season. just tired of dribble dribble dribble dribble....shot clock going down, shoot/pass. too much standing around on offense; hopefully nurse has the cure.

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    ne pennsylvania
    Posts
    4,901
    Quote Originally Posted by 54-46 View Post
    Deal: https://twitter.com/KeithSmithNBA/st...869053442?s=20

    Celtics now have Porzingis, Horford, and Williams at big. That’s a lot of cap space. They’re not done making moves. Dunno who wants Horford though. So, shop Williams?


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    and they also got rid of muscala and the oft-injured big italian shooter who didn't play last season

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    5,741
    Quote Originally Posted by cinnepa View Post
    and they also got rid of muscala and the oft-injured big italian shooter who didn't play last season
    I could see Dubs trying to get Muscala from Wiz.

    Or, bigger:

    Celtics/Dubs fans: How about Williams and 25 pick for Kuminga, 19 pick, and filler (two-way Ty Jerome)?


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    6,781

    2023/2024 NBA THREAD: WHO WANTS TO GO ON PARADE?!?

    I find it kinda shocking if it’s true the Celtics were gonna keep Smart in the first deal and then turned around and traded him in the final one. With and without Smart are just two very different teams. Maybe they were gonna trade Smart later anyway in the first scenario.

    So Boston moves up 10 spots in the draft and gets a later first round pick next year. Adds Porzingus. Kinda think that makes them better. I think Malcom is a better PG for them than Smart was, but Brogdon has not been durable the last 4-5 years. So they need another good point if they keep him.

    Is Tahoe Js CP3 to Boston now in play? I kinda think it might be.

    Memphis just got better. Smart seems like a good fit there. Talk about an intense team.

    The West has improved over the last couple days, especially if the Suns can move Ayton for rotation guys.

  14. #39
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Truckee & Nor Cal
    Posts
    15,872
    I think there's a good chance Zion gets traded today. It's a tough call because he's so damn good when he plays, but if he never plays and isn't committed then who cares? If I'm a Pels fan I'd rather see what Scoot Henderson can do than keep wasting seasons frustrated with Zion.

  15. #40
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Not in the PRB
    Posts
    33,264
    Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    I find it kinda shocking if it’s true the Celtics were gonna keep Smart in the first deal and then turned around and traded him in the final one. With and without Smart are just two very different teams. Maybe they were gonna trade Smart later anyway in the first scenario.

    So Boston moves up 10 spots in the draft and gets a later first round pick next year. Adds Porzingus. Kinda think that makes them better. I think Malcom is a better PG for them than Smart was, but Brogdon has not been durable the last 4-5 years. So they need another good point if they keep him.

    Is Tahoe Js CP3 to Boston now in play? I kinda think it might be.

    Memphis just got better. Smart seems like a good fit there. Talk about an intense team.

    The West has improved over the last couple days, especially if the Suns can move Ayton for rotation guys.
    On paper, it's a win for the Cs. To get two 1sts and Porzingis for Marcus and a couple of bags of chips is pretty damn good. And there are certainly many who think Marcus was a problem for the Cs. I don't think so, I think he was their heart and soul and leader, but maybe that held Tatum back, Brown back? Maybe losing him is just a sideways move, and then adding Porzingis is a big plus?

    On the court, I think they are ok without another PG, I don't want CP3. Tatum and Brown do so much playmaking, they can do just fin with White and Brogdon. And Pritchard seems like a big winner in this trade (unless they deal for CP3); I don't actually think they need to add a PG. But they may not be done.

    Still, Brad Stevens is a wizard.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

  16. #41
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Not in the PRB
    Posts
    33,264
    Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    I think there's a good chance Zion gets traded today. It's a tough call because he's so damn good when he plays, but if he never plays and isn't committed then who cares? If I'm a Pels fan I'd rather see what Scoot Henderson can do than keep wasting seasons frustrated with Zion.
    I would trade Zion in a heartbeat if there is a good deal out there for him.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

  17. #42
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    6,781
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I would trade Zion in a heartbeat if there is a good deal out there for him.
    Should the wizards should offer everything they have (which is a Kuzma sign and trade, Paul's expiring and next year's first round pick) for Zion? Pelicans get a good player in Kuzma, get rid of Zion and his contract, and get a pick next year. Solid team with upside. Washington gets a 50/50 chance at a superstar to build around (if Zion stays healthy.)

  18. #43
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Not in the PRB
    Posts
    33,264
    Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    Should the wizards should offer everything they have (which is a Kuzma sign and trade, Paul's expiring and next year's first round pick) for Zion? Pelicans get a good player in Kuzma, get rid of Zion and his contract, and get a pick next year. Solid team with upside. Washington gets a 50/50 chance at a superstar to build around (if Zion stays healthy.)
    I don't take that deal if I'm the Pels. They need more, a chance at a star, not a good player and an unknown pick.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

  19. #44
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    I can still smell Poutine.
    Posts
    25,011
    I don't want to get rid of Timelord. Whomever suggested that, please sit down. I'd let go of Grant Williams though. I really think we need to get rid of one of the Js, so that means Brown. I like White, Brogdon, and Pritchard as Celtics, let's keep them please.

  20. #45
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    5,741

    2023/2024 NBA THREAD: WHO WANTS TO GO ON PARADE?!?

    Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    I don't want to get rid of Timelord. Whomever suggested that, please sit down. I'd let go of Grant Williams though. I really think we need to get rid of one of the Js, so that means Brown. I like White, Brogdon, and Pritchard as Celtics, let's keep them please.
    Grant’s gone as FA. I was just fucking around about Williams because the Celtics now have over $72M tied up in 3 bigs and may have another $50M with Jaylen. Be tough to move Horford. Brogdon is hurt.

    Maybe they act like the Suns and say fuck it -we’ll pay giant tax for a year. They can win with the players they have.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  21. #46
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    6,781
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I don't take that deal if I'm the Pels. They need more, a chance at a star, not a good player and an unknown pick.
    I think you're probably right.

  22. #47
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Fresh Lake City
    Posts
    4,599
    Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    I don't want to get rid of Timelord. Whomever suggested that, please sit down. I'd let go of Grant Williams though. I really think we need to get rid of one of the Js, so that means Brown. I like White, Brogdon, and Pritchard as Celtics, let's keep them please.
    I don't understand why boston fans dislike Grant Williams. I think he's a nice player and without Smart on the team, he's one of the tougher players on that team. Celtics fans will probably forever hate and blame him for their team's lost to the heat this playoffs though. which is a damn shame, he seems like one of the few "bulldogs" on that roster. Grant Williams plays more than timelord too, because he isn't as injury prone. Plus Boston should be able to re-sign him for less than timelord. I wouldn't want to move off either player personally, but I'd probably keep grant over timelord

    Only way Boston gets rid of Jaylen Brown is to let him walk this off-season, which I think would really hurt their team so he'll likely sign the max. Hope he can learn to dribble with his left hand this offseason.

  23. #48
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Not in the PRB
    Posts
    33,264
    I like Grant Williams and don't want to move him. A switchable big who can hit 3s and play tough defense, why get rid of him? I think it was inexplicable that Mazzulla benched him.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

  24. #49
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    10,063
    Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    I stand humbly corrected and chastised.

    And quite chastened as well.

  25. #50
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    5,741
    Didn’t Grant Williams turn down an extension of about 4/$50+M? He’s a FA as of June 30. Celts might be able to S&T him to a team with cap space.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •