Tool Fall 2023 Tour

Who's in?

I'll definitely hit Boise and maybe Idaho's Balls (seems like a weird place for them to play).

Stoked to get another chance to see them!

https://www.toolband.com/feeds/tool-fall-tour
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

Tool Fall 2023 Tour

Hmmm…Billy Strings on October 10th and Tool on the 11th?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    Hmmm…Billy Strings on October 10th and Tool on the 11th?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Don't be afraid to be great.

Sent from my SM-S918U1 using Tapatalk
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

They are coming to SLC when I'm gone for work, fack me. Might see them in Indio instead if I can figure out logistics.

Just got two for the Loveland show. Fuck yeah! Which Colorado mags are down for pregame????

Got 2 tickets for Tacoma. Psyched - it's been a minute since I've been to a real show.

Oct 22 in Kelowna! Stoked!
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

Saw them at Powertrip in Indio and again in Vancouver.

Full send.

I swear at powertrip they slowed down the timing on Rosetta stoned at one point and it felt like it was in slow motion......

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Love to have been at this show back in the day.

https://youtu.be/Gmb2sq7dsxA?si=xIo3IeGzx-kfIZXk

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    Love to have been at this show back in the day.

https://youtu.be/Gmb2sq7dsxA?si=xIo3IeGzx-kfIZXk
    Early Tool was unbelievable. Maynard, weird as ever, has a voice that just doesn't seem to fit his body. So good.

Sent from my SM-S928U1 using Tapatalk

Could you imagine if Tool (or a Perfect Circle) performed at the Las Vegas Sphere?! That would HAVE to be a top of the mountain life experience right there. You'd be coming down from that experience for MONTHS! Your hypothalamus and pituitary gland utterly and completely drained.

I don’t know man, I’d take old school Opiate Tool in a dive bar with 23 people over Vegas any day.

I don’t know man, I’d take old school Opiate Tool in a dive bar with 23 people over Vegas any day.
    Same.

I saw perfect circle at red rocks back in the day, which was awesome. But no matter how awesome a big venue is, nothing beats a small place with a good crowd.

I LOVE Opiate and Undertow--have since high school. But it's almost like two different bands, once Chancellor joined up, compared to Paul. Their evolution and the intricacies and depth has only grown over the years and much if that has been the combo of Danny and Justin's rhythm. I was listening to Opiate in the shop the other day and it's like a bean and cheese burrito (albeit a magically delicious one) next to a gourmet seven layer nacho when compared to their latter work. It's beautiful in its rawness and power but it doesn't hold a candle in terms of depth.

I'll put it this way--how many bands formed in the early 90's or earlier are still putting out even decent (let alone mind bending) albums? None. I love Pearl Jam and Jane's and all but they're certainly not getting any better or even anywhere near as good as they once were. It's hard to argue that Tool has declined one iota in their songwriting. No Maynard can't hold the same notes but the rest of the band is as talented as it gets.

Fear Inoculum isn't Opiate and in their case, I'm glad it's different. I'm really looking forward to hearing their next album.

Sent from my SM-S928U1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend Floater View Post
    I LOVE Opiate and Undertow--have since high school. But it's almost like two different bands, once Chancellor joined up, compared to Paul. Their evolution and the intricacies and depth has only grown over the years and much if that has been the combo of Danny and Justin's rhythm. I was listening to Opiate in the shop the other day and it's like a bean and cheese burrito (albeit a magically delicious one) next to a gourmet seven layer nacho when compared to their latter work. It's beautiful in its rawness and power but it doesn't hold a candle in terms of depth.

I'll put it this way--how many bands formed in the early 90's or earlier are still putting out even decent (let alone mind bending) albums? None. I love Pearl Jam and Jane's and all but they're certainly not getting any better or even anywhere near as good as they once were. It's hard to argue that Tool has declined one iota in their songwriting. No Maynard can't hold the same notes but the rest of the band is as talented as it gets.

Fear Inoculum isn't Opiate and in their case, I'm glad it's different. I'm really looking forward to hearing their next album.
    Very well put. I just saw them in Fresno of all places a week ago. Maynard might not be able to hit every scream just perfect like 30 years ago, but when they pulled out intolerance and stinkfist, he didn't miss a damn thing. But that wasn't the biggest drop of the show. The build up and guitar solo in Pneuma brought down the goddamn house.
    Wait, how can we trust this guy^^^ He's clearly not DJSapp