Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Marijuana and Skiing

Someone seems to have forgotten the roots of our sport...
    Fuck you Dan from Salt Lake City and the horse you rode in on!
    https://unofficialnetworks.com/2023/...i-resorts/amp/

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

But not alcohol, right?

Damn I wish there was a comments section. It would be fun.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Is Dan a chatbot?

I like boomers

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Damn I wish there was a comments section. It would be fun.
    Samesies...

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by SirVicSmasher View Post
    I like boomers

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk
    I'm with you. A couple of caps does the mind right, especially meadowskippin

I do have to take exception to ‘the roots of our sport’ the roots of skiing were hunting, and then war.

Snowboarding? Well, possibly, I met most of the pioneers, and they all toked.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

REEFER MADNESS!!!

Oh noes.

Dan should probably quit skiing

Isn't Dan from SLC a mushroom micro-doser?
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    But not alcohol, right?
    Yup - replace the racially charged term “marijuana” with “beer” and the letter reads the same.

Dan seems like a dipshit. But I don't enjoy skiing while baked anymore. My area has gotten too crowded to be enjoyable, rather burn and skin.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

it’s foggy either way

This has the, "written by ChatGPT to get clicks" smell all over it.

Back in Jan of 2000 when I was a lifty, I decided to try to learn to snowboard since I had mastered skiing and wanted to see what all the hullabaloo was about. So I'm out at night (this place had a small chair and a few easy runs for night skiing) trying to fight my way through some turns, getting the hang of it. Two of my snowboard buddies show up and say "Hey Paulster how's the snowboarding coming along?" I tell them that it's cool, I'm getting the hang of it. Then one of them says "you know what the problem is, you're not high. Seriously, Ross Rebagliati man, when he won the gold medal - dude was high AF"

So buddy pulls out a fat spliff right there and we partake in the middle of the run (snowboarders always stop in the middle). From that moment on - it all clicked in. It was like magic.

Weed is the key, not the problem is my point.

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    Back in Jan of 2000 when I was a lifty, I decided to try to learn to snowboard since I had mastered skiing and wanted to see what all the hullabaloo was about. So I'm out at night (this place had a small chair and a few easy runs for night skiing) trying to fight my way through some turns, getting the hang of it. Two of my snowboard buddies show up and say "Hey Paulster how's the snowboarding coming along?" I tell them that it's cool, I'm getting the hang of it. Then one of them says "you know what the problem is, you're not high. Seriously, Ross Rebagliati man, when he won the gold medal - dude was high AF"

So buddy pulls out a fat spliff right there and we partake in the middle of the run (snowboarders always stop in the middle). From that moment on - it all clicked in. It was like magic.

Weed is the key, not the problem is my point.
    For me it was similar, but the magic moment was with LSD. That's when it all came together. One starry night in Sudbury Ontario. The snow was extra sparkly.

Snowboarding is a gateway drug.

Splitboarding is a gateway drug to skiing. After I started splitboarding I had a renewed interest in cross country skiing and working on the occasional knee drop. Which leads to more marijuana. A perfect circle. I will never listen to phish though. Never have, never will. That's where I draw the line.
    27° 18°

Quote Originally Posted by danmelon View Post
    For me it was similar, but the magic moment was with LSD. That's when it all came together. One starry night in Sudbury Ontario. The snow was extra sparkly.

Snowboarding is a gateway drug.

Splitboarding is a gateway drug to skiing. After I started splitboarding I had a renewed interest in cross country skiing and working on the occasional knee drop. Which leads to more marijuana. A perfect circle. I will never listen to phish though. Never have, never will. That's where I draw the line.
    To quote Dirty Harry - “A man’s got to know his limitations.”.

Lol, this is a made for TGR movie.

Harvest oar sum thing like that?
    watch out for snakes

jesus looked like a serious hippy... I dont think he would mind

Seriously though...when will the industrya nd government differentiate between the 2 types of weed, finally.

Indica is the sleepy weed...i never really liked smoking that (when i used to smoke) while doing stuff like skiing and mtn biking. I t always felt more like a party or after hard day of work weed.

Satvia is another ballgame...that puts you mind in the zone for action sports.

all varieties are one or the other, from what I've heard... maybe people can educate us on this here, if there's combos hybrid between the 2 types?

Same with driving and smoking...not really cool to smoke up the idica when doing a long drive, but the other type and some tunes can make a long drive much more enjoyable.

I just wish it was totally legal...right now you wont get busted much anymore...but you get injured at work with any weed showing in your pee test...insurance will not cover you and you get fired. After 30 yrs of smoking that was the final decision to get me to quit.

Like others said..I'm way more afraid of the drunk moron who skis only a few times a year and crashes to stop.

Quote Originally Posted by baron View Post

Like others said..I'm way more afraid of the drunk moron who skis only a few times a year and crashes to stop.
    That's why they're called "safety meetings"

And also, Jesus was a surfer man. All that walking on water business. He was just trimming.

There are many many hybrid combos out there. It's very comon. Honestly either indica or sativa have enhanced the pleasure of my sports activities. No weed makes me just want to chill out and veg, it usually has the opposite effect for me. But that's me.
    27° 18°

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    Is Dan a chatbot?
    No he's a renowned health care advocate who declines to give his last name.

I asked chat gpt to write an editorial to counter this one and honestly I think the computer did a better job than this "renowned health care advocate"

Quote Originally Posted by ChatGPT
    Title: Enhancing the Skiing Experience: Embracing Marijuana at Ski Areas

Introduction:

As winter enthusiasts flock to the slopes each year, ski areas are constantly seeking innovative ways to enhance the overall experience for their visitors. One promising avenue that holds immense potential is the inclusion of marijuana use at these recreational hubs. While some may view this idea with skepticism, it is essential to recognize the numerous benefits that marijuana can bring to both skiers and the ski industry as a whole.

Elevating the Experience:

Marijuana has long been associated with relaxation and euphoria, making it a natural fit for ski areas. By allowing controlled and responsible marijuana use on their premises, ski resorts can offer a unique and appealing experience for visitors. The calming effects of cannabis can help skiers alleviate any pre-slope anxieties and promote a more enjoyable and stress-free day on the mountain. Furthermore, marijuana's pain-relieving properties can aid in managing any soreness or injuries incurred while skiing, facilitating a quicker recovery for enthusiasts.

Boosting the Local Economy:

Introducing marijuana at ski areas also presents a remarkable opportunity to bolster local economies. In regions where cannabis is legal, ski resorts can tap into the burgeoning marijuana tourism market, attracting a new wave of visitors who are eager to experience the synergy of skiing and cannabis. This influx of tourists translates to increased revenue for ski areas, local businesses, and the surrounding communities. Moreover, the legalization and regulation of marijuana can generate additional tax revenue, which can be allocated towards improving ski infrastructure, enhancing safety measures, and preserving the natural beauty of the mountain environment.

Responsible Implementation:

It is crucial to underscore that promoting marijuana use at ski areas must be done responsibly. Ski resorts must establish strict guidelines and enforce regulations to ensure the safety and well-being of all visitors. Clear educational initiatives should be in place to inform skiers about responsible marijuana consumption, emphasizing the importance of moderation, designated consumption areas, and the prohibition of driving under the influence.

Conclusion:

By embracing marijuana use at ski areas, we have the opportunity to revolutionize the winter sports experience. From enhancing relaxation and enjoyment to driving economic growth, the inclusion of marijuana at ski resorts is a win-win proposition. As society continues to evolve and recognize the potential benefits of cannabis, ski areas should seize the opportunity to be at the forefront of this movement, providing an unforgettable and holistic experience for skiers from around the world.

I ski better when I’m high.

Or is it that I think I ski better when I’m high?

Either way it’s better.

Quote Originally Posted by total_immortal View Post
    I asked chat gpt to write an editorial to counter this one and honestly I think the computer did a better job than this "renowned health care advocate"
    Interesting. Easy to tell it was written by a bot though because it is completely soulless writing.