Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: 2023 PGA

Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post
    PGA just spit on the graves of every soldier that died in Iraq and Afghanistan.
    Hahahahaha

Then so does your government fucktard

And don’t even start that it’s Biden

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Cisco Kid View Post
    To you that's is true but there is a whole big world out there away from your keyboard.

I wonder how much money Monahan got pushed into his bank account under the table to seal the deal?

$40 Million Dollar Smile is my guess.
    Attachment 461160
    I'd guess at least ten times that. What would it have cost to convince Tiger to play? More than that to force Tiger (and everyone else) to play or retire..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by half-fast View Post
    From nbc news:

The document, which is heavily redacted, provides a summary of an FBI interview in 2015 with a man who had regular contact with Saudi nationals in the U.S. The man aided Nawaf al-Hazmi and Khalid al-Mihdhar, the first hijackers to arrive in the U.S., once they arrived in the country.

It details contacts the hijackers had with Saudi associates in the U.S. It does not provide evidence that senior Saudi government officials were complicit in the attacks.

The 9/11 Commission report did not find evidence that Saudi leaders were complicit in the attacks, but it did say Saudi nationals played key roles in funding Al Qaeda.
    There are 5000 princes in the house of saud

It would be reasonable to think osama had some support from some member of the royal family

Quote Originally Posted by skiballs View Post
    There are really only 4 men’s professional golf tournaments that aren’t just glorified corporate commercials.

The pga does not seem to be making money and sponsors are pulling out

2023 PGA

Quote Originally Posted by DBdude View Post

I wrote that it was in their best interests and Saudia Arabia is not evil…

Quoted for dumbfuck HOF posterity

Public Investment Fund��

Quote Originally Posted by DBdude View Post
    Dude you were the biggest homer saying those that went to Liv were mercenary - and that is putting it kindly
    Biggest homer? What the fuck kind of nonsense does that even mean in this context? So if I'm pro USA and anti Saudi Arabia I'm a homer? The fuck is wrong with you, you dumb fuck stain. And no, I said I won't fault anyone for not being able to turn down life changing money so long as they spare us the Saudi propaganda. That's been my stance for a long time.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

I know I said if we get Feherty back its a win, and that's true, cause I love his commentary, but I'm now thinking that this new venture needs to lean into it and pair him with Gary McCord.
    I still call it The Jake.

I love Feherty myself but the few times I listened to him on LIV he seemed pretty flat and unfunny. Only upside for me to this is that if I ever get the chance to go to another PGA Tour event, I'll have players to clap for and players to boo.
    Seeker of Truth. Dispenser of Wisdom. Protector of the Weak. Avenger of Evil.

I've met him in Hilton Head when he was broadcasting the Heritage and he couldn't have been more genuine or funny. He was also brutally honest in why he went to LIV; one of two guys off the top of my head who were.

Quote Originally Posted by Cisco Kid View Post
    and players to boo.
    Classless chump

Quote Originally Posted by skiballs View Post
    Classless chump
    Ba ba booey! Now that’s class..

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    Ba ba booey! Now that’s class..
    If that could die with LIV that’s be great too.

Mashed potatoes too.

For some people, bunch of folks in office buildings all around the world, golf is a culture and a way of life. Something they can't easily walk away from. all the sunk costs, closets full of all the cool courses I've played shirts and hats.. The mental gymnastics they'll go through to defend their now Saudi ruled passion and those Saudis will be similar to the way rich people defended and or excused Trump's deplorables because they were all in for the new tax breaks.

2023 PGA

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    For some people, bunch of folks in office buildings all around the world, golf is a culture and a way of life. Something they can't easily walk away from. all the sunk costs, closets full of all the cool courses I've played shirts and hats.. The mental gymnastics they'll go through to defend their now Saudi ruled passion and those Saudis will be similar to the way rich people defended and or excused Trump's deplorables because they were all in for the new tax breaks.
    What the fuck are you talking about? I have to give up golf now because of the Saudi’s?

To quote Matt Dillon in Beautiful Girls, sounds like you’ve been eating too many retard sandwiches…

For some people, bunch of folks in office buildings all around the world, golf is a culture and a way of life. Something they can't easily walk away from. all the sunk costs, closets full of all the cool courses I've played shirts and hats..
    Got any clothes with a ski company, ski hill, or TGR logos on them? It's not like skiing, errr...I mean golf is an elitist, white, environmentally taxing hobby.
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Well, I'm not allowed to delete this post, but, I can say, go fuck yourselves, everybody!

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    Got any clothes with a ski company, ski hill, or TGR logos on them? It's not like skiing, errr...I mean golf is an elitist, white, environmentally taxing hobby.
    I don't have any sports swag paying homage to an industry now owned and run by terrorists. If Mikala (insert any other high profile competitor) was sucking up to the Saudi money I'd no longer be a fan of them.

For golf enthusiasts this is quite the "Conundrum". I'd be super pissed if I was still all in on Golf. And believe me I've been all in on golf for half of my life. Lucky to have drifted away now that this has happened.

Jesus you say some dumb shit on this forum. I'm going to go play 18 today with my friends and have a good time. That has fuck all to do with the Saudi's. They don't own the entire sport.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Jesus you say some dumb shit on this forum. I'm going to go play 18 today with my friends and have a good time. That has fuck all to do with the Saudi's. They don't own the entire sport.
    What are you going to talk about? Are you still going to watch PGA events and cheer for these sellouts? Buy the products they are endorsing?? They've ruined the entire sport for anyone with a conscience.

If Russia owned the NHL I'd definitely stop following hickey.

I was already hating all the MAGA fucks on tour. Scottie Sheffler is a piece of shit. This just seals the deal, I’m done watching golf.
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    Quoted for dumbfuck HOF posterity
    Says a fucking homer American

Saudi is not evil

We sell them billions of arms and it’s awful that we join a golf league with them

Wake the fuck up

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    I was already hating all the MAGA fucks on tour. Scottie Sheffler is a piece of shit. This just seals the deal, I’m done watching golf.
    They eat pieces of shit for breakfast! Or, so I've heard...

What are you going to talk about? Are you still going to watch PGA events and cheer for these sellouts? Buy the products they are endorsing?? They've ruined the entire sport for anyone with a conscience.
    You do realize you can go golfing with your friends and talk about all kinds of shit other than golf, right? Are you being serious here? If Saudi Arabia bought the National Cornhole League that means you can no longer play the game on your back lawn? lol...

Yes, I'll still watch the PGA because there are a lot of players I like and it's not their fault this happened, and even if it was they won't be spreading Saudi propaganda like LIV. This wasn't a merger, it was the dissolution of LIV and the creation of a new entity, not controlled by the Saudi's (just *partially* funded by them). It's a big difference, for me at least. If we're going to cut out all of the companies and brands involved with Saudi money I have some bad news for you... their money is everywhere!

If Russia owned the NHL I'd definitely stop following hickey.
    Heh, now do soccer/football....

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    Heh, now do soccer/football....
    Touche'! Did not totally boycott Qatatr I definitely stepped back from that PL/CL stuff quite a bit last 10 years. My club is still US owned though.. Definitely no plans to follow Saudi League at all. If they buy PL I'm out.