Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11

Thread: 2023 PGA

Quote Originally Posted by Cisco Kid View Post
    Amazing fact!!! Keep going, you're on a roll.
    Now that the US Ryder Cup team has been exposed as mostly a self serving bunch it’s a fast slide down. Look how fast Goldman Sachs dumped that absolute bore Cantlay and now he’s on the player advisory for the tour.

Burn it down! lol..

Self serving players in an elitist sport has been a given since Arnie and Jack got it to pay big. Nonames always fill the field this time of year. We'll see who shows up to play when the season gets in full swing. If Spieth goes I may take up pickle ball or go back to drinking.
    Seeker of Truth. Dispenser of Wisdom. Protector of the Weak. Avenger of Evil.

Ultimately I think it just shows what a bunch of d bags all these guys are. Rahm announced his departure live on faux news. I get golf digest sent to me from buying some clubs on line and the latest issue has stories about the private flights these guys all take, makes me hate almost all of them. But back 9, in a Sunday with multiple players involved for the win is quality entertainment, and LIV doesn’t offer that with their unwatchable format. Screw all the “top” guys, bring on the next young crop. Hell corn ferry guys playing for their card is just as entertaining as mega rich D bags taking 5 minutes for each shot.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Cisco Kid View Post
    If Spieth goes
    He's only worth a lifetime supply of kabsa

Quote Originally Posted by altacoup View Post
    Ultimately I think it just shows what a bunch of d bags all these guys are. Rahm announced his departure live on faux news. I get golf digest sent to me from buying some clubs on line and the latest issue has stories about the private flights these guys all take, makes me hate almost all of them. But back 9, in a Sunday with multiple players involved for the win is quality entertainment, and LIV doesn’t offer that with their unwatchable format. Screw all the “top” guys, bring on the next young crop. Hell corn ferry guys playing for their card is just as entertaining as mega rich D bags taking 5 minutes for each shot.
    So if someone can afford to fly private and has to travel a ton as part of their job that makes them a d-bag? You sound oddly jealous.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    That's a fair point, wasn't thinking of the actual tour selling out.
    It's more of a hostile takeover than a sell out. The partnership is just a tiny perch at the bargaining table that will soon prove to be worthless or nearly so. One last big check for the top executives running the PGA Tour to insure they go quietly into the night.

But apparently that's not enough and I'm supposed to not fault him for taking more money than he could possibly spend from evil murderous fucks? We all have a price I guess.
    Does make you wonder when enough $$ is enough. That was a huge carrot they dangled and they found the magic number for $$.

I do think holding others to ethical boundaries we, as Americans, don’t hold ourselves to becomes complicated.

Golfer complains because he isn't invited to the Masters after renouncing his PGA membership to play for LIV, and not getting world golfing ranking points because he's playing non-sanctioned LIV events.

/leopardsatemyface
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Golfer complains because he isn't invited to the Masters after renouncing his PGA membership to play for LIV, and not getting world golfing ranking points because he's playing non-sanctioned LIV events.

/leopardsatemyface
    LOL.

"Talor Gooch questions validity of Masters victory after snub

Gooch, 32, gave up his PGA Tour membership in 2022 when he moved to the upstart, big-money LIV Golf circuit. He had one career PGA Tour win and $9.25 million in earnings -- well eclipsed by the $46.5 million he won in his first two LIV seasons."

Pretty sure the boys in Augusta will get along just fine without you there Taylor.

"But I'm the LIV Champion!" (who only played a handful of events that don't play 4 full rounds and have no cuts; but it's just the same!!!)

OK, guy.
    I still call it The Jake.

Gooch is a taint on the gooch.

He compared a random ass Liv event's atmopshere to playing in the Ryder Cup. As if he has ever had a fucking chance at playing in the Ryder Cup.

Masters committee won’t take kindly to a whiny bitch either.

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    Masters committee won’t take kindly to a whiny bitch either.
    ***Somewhere in Butler Cabin, reading ESPN.com article about whiny LIV defector with 1 PGA tour win to his resume.***

"Well, take that guy off the list forever".
    I still call it The Jake.